• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 8/12/18 12.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Salah [GOAL 25’, 47’, 76’]

Votes: 169 89.9%
  • Shaqiri [off 65’]

• Keita [off 65’]

• Firmino [off 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mane [on 65’]

• Lallana [on 65’]

• Henderson [on 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kopend79

Anyone notice when Hendo came on he layed off a pass and made a run behind the bournemouth defence? He didnt play deep, it almost looked like he was given permission to go back to his old game. And he looked much better. Im hoping now with fab doing well Hendo can play his more natural style. Keita showing a few glimpses as well.
Maybe the sharpest i've seen us as a whole playing group this year.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Well, for our first goal Mo was offside. But it wasn't given. Sorry Eddie but, oh dear, how sad, never mind. So was Burnley's goal, and we were denied a perfectly good goal against the arse. So it's all swings and roundabouts.

As for the rest of the game, there was only one team in it. At times our football was utterly sublime. At one stage the inter-passing between Robbo, Naby and Mo was quite exquisite. :well done:

Come on Redmen; the same please against Napoli. :celebrating:

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
For all the sarcastic comments about the referee conspiracies (not getting old those) Bournemouth were lucky not to get away with more yellow cards; Cook and Lerma weren't booked for dangerous tackles whilst King elbowed Van Dijk on purpose and somebody split Lallana's pretty face open.

Two sides in a row have tried to kick us out of the game and both have failed.

Flobs

FADA
For all the sarcastic comments about the referee conspiracies (not getting old those) Bournemouth were lucky not to get away with more yellow cards; Cook and Lerma weren't booked for dangerous tackles whilst King elbowed Van Dijk on purpose and somebody split Lallana's pretty face open.

Two sides in a row have tried to kick us out of the game and both have failed.
But, but they play proper football. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Anyone notice when Hendo came on he layed off a pass and made a run behind the bournemouth defence? He didnt play deep, it almost looked like he was given permission to go back to his old game. And he looked much better. Im hoping now with fab doing well Hendo can play his more natural style. Keita showing a few glimpses as well.
Maybe the sharpest i've seen us as a whole playing group this year.
It’s what I have been hoping for. Get him back to playing a #8 like he was in the 13/14 season. As long as he doesn’t pull a red card with 3 games to go...we have a chance

Semmy

Ad-free Member
Wtf the shitty blues or chelskis singing Allez Allez.....just kick each other.....and chleski get a late one...god that sticks in my throat just typing it!!!!
It shouldn’t. With corrupt oligarchs backing those two clubs I feel no shame in wishing them to do what’s best for us.

It’s not support, more of a.... manipulation?

C

Caradoc

I think that whether we win the league or not we are already witnessing something quite exceptional even by this great club’s standards. Sit back and enjoy it, take in every second, its really important that we do, really important.

Red Eyes

I think that whether we win the league or not we are already witnessing something quite exceptional even by this great club’s standards. Sit back and enjoy it, take in every second, its really important that we do, really important.
Agree totally, if you can't enjoy this what can you enjoy. City might be the best PL squad and team ever given their record points and goals scored last season. However we are neck and neck with them at the moment, even though they have arguably improved again from last season. We have made an even bigger quantum leap in the PL, as last season they were 20 odd points better than us. These are special special times, puff your chest out and be proud of what the club, managers and players are doing

Semmy

Ad-free Member
I missed the 4:30am start as I am stricken with flu, so you can blame my babble on some excellent medications.

First 20 mins we were back to hoofball, trying to lob their back line and completely bypassing the midfield. Keita was looking frustrated but I noticed Fabinho dropping into Henderson-ish positions. Then I really started paying attention to some of the stuff happening off the ball, with player movements and runs

Really does appear that the tacticians at the club are picking apart the other teams play, they are likely studying previous games in the lead-up and then we have a set routine that we go through to start a match. Patterns of coverage, zone coverage. Looking for weak spots. If I had time to REALLY look at how we have started our last few matches I bet there are a ton is similarities in the way we start

Sometime late in the first half some info is likely trickling in from the analysis team, and by halftime they have a report generated for Klopp. Likely why we are seeing him bolt into the dressing room at half, so he can do a quick download before the lads arrive and he can maximize his time for planning the second half.

In the second half we are seeing different play, players popping up in different areas. Once we were up and comfortable, noticed today Matip and VvD both venturing forward with the ball and seeing Fab or Gini dropping to cover. Adding a big body into the box, practicing what we will be doing mid-week vs Napoli trying to create an overload for a cross to come in.

Matip adjusted well today but I hope Lovren is back for that match, I think Insigne will have a field day with Matip

yiannos33

Believe
We were outstanding today one of our best performance of the season. Keïta had his best game and so was Fabinho
Matip and of course Salah. Top of the league feels so good.
Chelsea leads at half 1-0.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
FWIW I thought Keita played well again today but we we playing a 4231 at the start instead of the 433 of midweek. So really he was playing more of a tucked-in LW as opposed to the #8 role. Completely different situation for him and it somewhat negates his talents on the ball in the middle of the pitch where he was so excellent against Burnley.

When Klopp made his usual 60-65th min changes I thought I saw Lallana indicate a 442?

Wilkored08

FWIW I thought Keita played well again today but we we playing a 4231 at the start instead of the 433 of midweek. So really he was playing more of a tucked-in LW as opposed to the #8 role. Completely different situation for him and it somewhat negates his talents on the ball in the middle of the pitch where he was so excellent against Burnley.

When Klopp made his usual 60-65th min changes I thought I saw Lallana indicate a 442?
Yep that was the stitching pattern on his head

Commando

Ad-free Member
The seven goals so far this week will be the turning point of our season's attacking fortunes.
Eight goals. One against Everton, three against Burnley and four today.

Just finished work,we won 4-0 and i missed it,selfish bastards.
I was being dragged around the Trafford centre by Mrs C and two of my Grand-Daughters. Getting daggers from lots of peeps. Had my silver top and tracky jacket on.

Can we hold a referrendum to prohibit @Scott Jones and @Maria from watching any games this season? Take one for the team both of ya
You can add me to that list. :well done:

Four goals and Salah hat trick :celebrating:

Good to see the Bobby and Mo connection back again.

Another clean sheet :well done:

Pressure now on City to get a win.

That’ll do nicely and sets up a nice a relaxed weekend for me perfectly
Don't have to win, they only need a point and they be above us again.
Only on GD and that will have been reduced today. Even if they do get a draw.
Great result. Kind of getting to be normal winning these games now.
Re Salah's first goal, i'm no expert but when Firmino took his shot, Mo was skightly offside but he wasn't involved in the play until the ball was passed back to him from the goalie. Of course all the usual bellend pundits will say it should've been disallowed and that it turned the game.
Just like Burnley's goal was offside on Wednesday. So if these things turn games then Bournemouth should have won 3-1.