• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 8/12/18 12.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Salah [GOAL 25’, 47’, 76’]

Votes: 169 89.9%
  • Shaqiri [off 65’]

• Keita [off 65’]

• Firmino [off 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mane [on 65’]

• Lallana [on 65’]

• Henderson [on 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gazmaninaus

Another good result made even better by the later results. I thought we were actually a bit off the pace today but still won 4 blot. Keita needs to up his game. That’s my opinion. Today he just seemed to drift around which will get you caught out in the PL. Brooks for them looked like a cracking young player. Ps. I voted for Allison as MOTM purely because of that header. Now that’s boots and all determination.

C

Caradoc

Man City were quite sensational ....... they lost Keown and Linekar ........ they lost .......

Chelsea were magnificent in the second half according to the MOTD pundits ......

Did Liverpool play today btw? How did they get on ...... ?

Keown .... “I went for Liverpool at the beginning of the season ....... but I still think City will be too strong ..... !” FFS! :rolleyes:

Gazmaninaus

I think the most important point to remember about our team this season is it’s December and we not reduced to fighting for a top four finish. We’re still in with a chance in December which has been unheard of in countless premier league years.

C

Caradoc

We have only been relegated twice 1905 and 1955. So it's the 63rd time in a row that we have avoided relegation.
But I don't think we have often reached the mythical "42 safe points" total two weeks before Christmas !
So, this might just turn out to be a good season.
PS I can remember seeing us play in the old Second Division in the 1950s (but not the 1900s !)

Respect!

jaffod

Just watched MOTD ........ how underwhelming was that coverage and post-match analysis? You’d think it was a meaningless mid-table 0-0 draw.
Another thing that will be completely ignored is the disgraceful attempt by Cook to stop Salah, that could have caused serious injury. All part of the good old English game though innit...

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Quite happy with today all round,chuffed that Mo brought his shooting boots,long may it continue.
Nice gesture by the lad to Milner,and fair enough,has Milner ever played in goal? What a handy player to have,and at what you'd imagine would be toward the end of his career,as a player.
Good work allround,made better by Chelski turning over city.
Run up to Xmas,unbeaten in the league,so far.
What is not to like.

sms1986

Quite happy with today all round,chuffed that Mo brought his shooting boots,long may it continue.
Nice gesture by the lad to Milner,and fair enough,has Milner ever played in goal? What a handy player to have,and at what you'd imagine would be toward the end of his career,as a player.
Good work allround,made better by Chelski turning over city.
Run up to Xmas,unbeaten in the league,so far.
What is not to like.
Milner would probably be a great keeper, we should give him a chance in a friendly at some point!

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
MOTD,three fucking pillocks nodding in agreement to each other,lets have two ex players on who fucking hated each other rather this touching each others leg to interrupt to agree shit.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Finally watched it after getting up at what was 2 in the morning for me to fly back here from Washington DC. A couple of lethargic moments in the first half. Nothing massive, the same stuff really we've seen all season.

Second half, the Liverpool of last season. Salah on the right, Bobby down the middle pulling the strings, and that had a lot to do with the dynamism of Keita and Robbo in particular. I desperately hope this is a sign that maybe - maybe we can dovetail that attacking genius we're capable of with the imperious backline we've discovered.

Coupled with a Citeh loss sends us top of the table for the weekend. Now to rubber stamp a great seven days with a win against Napoli midweek.

Now fuck it, I'm off to bedzzzzz...

Flobs

FADA
The more I worry about our playing style and player form the better we do. Here's to more worrying and critcising, it seems to work.

Even though Salah scored 3 goals he's far from top form and looks sulky!
Matip is a big woofter and needs to impose himself more.
Klopps got it all wrong.
Why's Mignolet not in goal for us.
When Lallana looks good it's because the opposition are crap.
I've got move but will save them for the next few days. :-)

sms1986

Andy Robertson dedicated Liverpool's 4-0 win at Bournemouth to James Milner, who reached the milestone of 500 Premier League appearances on Saturday.

The No.7 was captain at Vitality Stadium as the Reds eased to a comprehensive victory courtesy of Mohamed Salah’s hat-trick and Steve Cook’s own goal.

Milner, who played at right-back against the Cherries, became only the 13th man to reach the games landmark and the first since Steven Gerrard in April 2015.

“What a career he has had. He has played at the top for all of it and played for some really good clubs,” Robertson told Liverpoolfc.com post-match.
“He is still the fittest in the squad and is still pushing himself every single day. I’m sure he’ll go on and do incredible numbers.

“What a fantastic achievement for him. Boys can only dream of that and he has managed to do it at a very high level with a lot of trophies. He’ll be hoping to add a few more at this club. Hopefully we can do that.

“Today, it’s all about him – the performance and three points are for him because it’s a special day for him, his family and all the people close to him. So, fair play to him.”

Salah inflicted the damage on Bournemouth with a masterclass of finishing.

The Egyptian was the first to react when Roberto Firmino’s hopeful smack from distance was parried out by Asmir Begovic, giving Liverpool a one-goal lead at the interval.

His strikes in the second half were sublime, Salah’s balance and agility allowing him to slalom through a series of challenges and eventually find the net.
“He was brilliant. He got the [match] ball and rightly so,” said Robertson.

“He was running in behind and really stretched their defence, fair play to him. [He was] back to his best, he has been really good this season. He has probably been a bit frustrated with himself but that just shows you the high standards he has got.

“I’m sure he’ll be delighted to get the three goals but most importantly us all getting three points.”

The other goal on the south coast was forced by Robertson’s firm cross midway through the second period, which Cook clipped into his own net.

The Scotland captain has an ongoing assist competition with fellow Reds full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold this season – but isn’t sure he’ll officially add one to his tally.

“I tried! I don’t think the lads are giving me it. I’ll try to argue it,” said the No.26 with a smile.

“I think an assist is the second-last person to touch the ball – that was me, so I’ll be trying to claim it. But as soon as I walked off, Trent wasn’t too happy. If it counts, it counts; if it doesn’t, so be it.”

The win was Liverpool’s 13th in 16 Premier League matches this season and maintained the relentless pace at the summit alongside Manchester City.

Before and after each game, the players have stressed the focus on their own pursuits and Robertson reiterated that mantra despite the Reds leapfrogging City ahead of their meeting with Chelsea.

“It’s all we can do,” he said. “When you’re in the chasing pack you can only keep putting the pressure on.

“This weekend we had the benefit of playing first, so we go top whether it’s for a brief time or longer. Man City are an incredible team and it’s all about staying with them – we’re doing that just now.

“It’s tight with us two; I’m hopeful it will go all the way and hopefully we can do it. But we just need to take it game by game and keep winning our games. We’ll see where it finishes up.”

For now, Jürgen Klopp’s men must turn their attention to an all-or-nothing Champions League showdown with Napoli on Tuesday night.

That European clash is the first of a major double-header at Anfield, with Manchester United set to visit the following Sunday evening.

“It’s the start to a big week and a really good one. Four goals and a clean sheet is the perfect way to start,” added Robertson.

“We know how important Tuesday is and what we need to do. Then we’ve got a small game against Manchester United!

“We look forward to it; these are the weeks you want to be a Liverpool player. Two big games at Anfield and I’m sure the atmosphere will be special.”
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/329328-robertson-milner-liverpool-bournemouth-reaction

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
First half got me a bit worried. Keita looked tired, Shaq had an of day, and Salah with exception for the goal looked again as if his touch left him. Gini was nowhere to be found. Only Bobby was his old self.
Second half was much better, suddenly Booby ans Salah interchaning passes, counter attacking looks like it should.
Salah MOTM, but Firmino was the man behind it all.

C

Caradoc

I’ve been following this club for many, many years (though not as many as FP) and I can honestly say that I am extremely happy with how things are going right now across the board.

These are very special times - the game has changed so much but our Owners, our coaching team, our manager our players pretty much everything feels so right at the moment. We’ve got a fantastic manager and special group of players and we’re doing great things on the pitch.

Our front 3 and particularly Mo and Sadio seem to be getting back to last season’s form whilst our defence has been incredible. More than that all 4 of our summer signings seem to be up to speed now and showing the quality they have that led to us going out and signing them. Bloody marvellous!

Last edited by a moderator: