Post Match: Brighton v Liverpool (EPL 12/1/19 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 46 26.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 42 24.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • Henderson

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Shaqiri [off 71’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino

• Mane [off 89’]

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Salah [GOAL 49’, off 90+3’]

Votes: 33 19.1%
  • Milner [on 71’]

• Keita [on 89’]

• Origi [on 90+3’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
They have a good record at home so this was never going to be easy. We would have all taken a horrible 1-0 before the start so very pleased with that.

It's a great result. 7 points clear again and the pressure back on City. A full week to prepare so hopefully a few players back from injury/returning to full fitness.

Well done Klopp and the reds, a good day.

Incognito

The Normal One
A very professional performance. Needed a win, any kind of win after the last two games and we got one. Klopp is very very smart, and has learnt from previous seasons the importance of defensive stability and momentum. With Fab as CB (three of first choice missing) we not only managed a win, but also a clean sheet. Incredible.

Let's get behind this team and manager! He knows his stuff - one step closer!! :celebrating:

Magnus

I came home and saw the last 28 min of the game. Pleased with the 3 points. Not impressed with our performance. Slightly worrisome that we win only due to a penalty. However, damn all that, 3 points is 3 points ! Let us hope for a better performance next match (also, mind you, only saw 30 min of the second half, so maybe we played well in the first half, I don't know)!

Edit: I will not vote. I only saw 28-30 min, and that's not enough to vote.

johnoleary

well that was winning ugly.although to be fair i dont think its much different to what we have done previously in the season.the result that matters I guess but i dont enjoy watching us anywhere near as much.
hard to choose mom guess salah for second half,and i thought van dyke was class again but im giving it to wijnaldum,not my fav player but he seemed to do well again and cover a lot of ground.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Not sure why everyone was so nervous, remember... we have the best defense of the league. Wasn't in doubt for a second.:J

We're winning while not playing well, another clean sheet, and another 3 points is all what matters.

phil smith

I came home and saw the last 28 min of the game. Pleased with the 3 points. Not impressed with our performance. Slightly worrisome that we win only due to a penalty. However, damn all that, 3 points is 3 points ! Let us hope for a better performance next match (also, mind you, only saw 30 min of the second half, so maybe we played well in the first half, I don't know)!
No. Not a great performance but as you say a nice three points.

Libero

Football fucking friend!

Other than not issuing a few yellows got most calls right I would say.

Pen was clear... Mo the difference today. Dropped a bit deeper in the second half and got involved a bit more.

Very important win.