• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Burnley 0-3 Liverpool (31 August, 2019)

Man of the Match vs. Burnley?

• Adrián

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 10.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Henderson (off 71')

Votes: 12 10.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain (on 71')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 50 41.7%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Salah

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Firmino (off 85')

Votes: 71 59.2%
  • Shaqiri (on 85')

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Mané (off 85')

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • Origi (on 85')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 32 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sweeting

Can't blame Mane for being angry. We should have won 6-0 with better decision making by Salah.

It happens, I'm sure Klopp will sort it out.

Does highlight something to me though - the only thing that can slow this team down is us creating issues for ourselves.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
That was a fucking fantastic result and performance.. We are gliding through the gears now, playing some great football and our defense no longer looks like its been out on the razz all summer. Not a single poor performance, all 8 out of 10 or above.

Can’t stand Burnley, they are nothing but a shit version of the crazy gang from the 80s, even a Sam Allerdyce team had some pace in it. Thugs the lot of them and their manager is a cock - saying “hit him” what a bellend.

Mane, haha go lad!

34 to go..

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Well call it an Attack Kloptor or the Liverpanzer, we are destructive killing football machine.

What we are seeing is the fruits of doubter to believer, breaking club records. Anyone would think we won the league last season. Solid coherent unflustered...........too good, and will get better.

Fabinho was an absolute world class DM today, swept everything up in front of the back four, close winner in MOM to Virgil, then probably Bobby or Jordan.

Lidoris

TIA New Signing
I'm so happy with our boys!!!
0-3 is a fantastic result and our team is making history - 13 wins in a row!
This is beyond belief!!!
HANDS DOWN to KLOPP!
HANDS DOWN to all in Liverpool's team!!!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Nur der BvB09

Well call it an Attack Kloptor or the Liverpanzer, we are destructive killing football machine.

What we are seeing is the fruits of doubter to believer, breaking club records. Anyone would think we won the league last season. Solid coherent unflustered...........too good, and will get better.

Fabinho was an absolute world class DM today EVERY DAY, swept everything up in front of the back four, close winner in MOM to Virgil, then probably Bobby or Jordan.
Well said!

macca1970

Three points, clean sheet, 3 goals, away win. looking good. We matched Burnely physically, and then let our quality shine. Kept Burnely to a limited shots on goal.

First goal was fortuitous, the second a quickl transition, and nice runs from Mane left and Mo right, so that Bobby could get a pass through. Glad for Bobby to get on the score sheet as well with the third.

Re Mane reaction. Situations happen all the time in sports, heat of the moment things. Gets settled in the dressing room, and life contnues. Just a story for the media to pick up and run, that's all.

Regarding the incidents, Mo should have passed it, but then we all know what he's also capable of, so give some leeway. It's not like we were 0-0 at that stage, we were a few goals to the good. I also recall Mane in the same situation a couple of seasons ago, when he went on a little run of games where he kept the ball in good situations. Swings and roundabouts.

International break, hopefully we can continue this form. A good August for us.

Magnus

We played a very good game without being fantastic (apart from moments of brilliance). We seem to have prepared well against the opposition. We matched them in physicality today, which should have been their strength, while being better at everything else. We were much too good for Burnley and they barely created dangerous chances. I am not sure who I will vote for MotM yet.

Redsi73

Brilliantly controlled game i thought.

Yeah Burnley were tough and competitive for first 30mins, but then they run out of steam i think, and we pressed them so well.

Never an easy win, but i thought we were very professional today.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Great result, great performance against a horrible side lead by a total twat. Horrible crowd.
The Mo not passing issue has been brewing for a while I reckon. I get that strikers need to be greedy but he needs to take the pass when the option is better and today at least twice the pass was the better option. Obviously Sadio was irate and he had every right to be. I'm sure Klopp will sort the issue out in the dressing room so onwards and upwards.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Well done Redmen.
Turf Moor is a hostile and tough place to go and to get a 3-0 win is amazing.
Hopefully, nobody got injured. Job done. We are doing alright so far. So happy.

MOTM, am still deciding.

ETA: am a bit worried that this Mo and Sadio misunderstanding doesn't get blown out of proportion. I hope Klopp has a quiet word with Mo to pass the ball when necessary in the game and it is a 11 people in a team.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Great result, great performance against a horrible side lead by a total twat. Horrible crowd.
The Mo not passing issue has been brewing for a while I reckon. I get that strikers need to be greedy but he needs to take the pass when the option is better and today at least twice the pass was the better option. Obviously Sadio was irate and he had every right to be. I'm sure Klopp will sort the issue out behind in the dressing room so onwards and upwards.
Why were they booing Trent? When you actually get the crowed focused they all look part of the same family.