• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Burnley 0-3 Liverpool (31 August, 2019)

Man of the Match vs. Burnley?

• Adrián

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 10.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Henderson (off 71')

Votes: 12 10.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain (on 71')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 50 41.7%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Salah

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Firmino (off 85')

Votes: 71 59.2%
  • Shaqiri (on 85')

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Mané (off 85')

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • Origi (on 85')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 32 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Trent was probably the very first person to think that was an OG. Most of the audience would have had a hard time seeing the deflection, and he was clearly trying to send a cross toward the back post area.
I honestly thought it was an TAA goal. I couldn't see where it touched the goalie to be honest.

Lynch04

Smeg Head

fspencer

Shaqiri’s 2 deflections rightfully counted while I was in the Kop. Not sure how this was any different.
the cross was not intended for the goal . so if you shoot and the ball is travelling towards the goal and gets deflected then it's your goal but if you cross and it gets deflected then it's an own goal because the moment it left your foot it was never travelling towards the goal.

Had TAA mishit the ball and it hit the striker who turned his back and was already travelling towards the goal then its TAA goal.

Alright Now

the cross was not intended for the goal . so if you shoot and the ball is travelling towards the goal and gets deflected then it's your goal but if you cross and it gets deflected then it's an own goal because the moment it left your foot it was never travelling towards the goal.

Had TAA mishit the ball and it hit the striker who turned his back and was already travelling towards the goal then its TAA goal.
How do you know your first sentence is true? Utter rubbish.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
delighted with the away win, clean sheet and best of all, no serious injuries after playing Burnley. still on top and the only worry is City already have a better GD.....I know it's early days, but I like to have the best of everything as far as LFC are concerned. I hope the lads can get some rest during the international week because I think playing in the EPL is more intense than the awkward internationals. Praying all the lads that do play games (and those not involved too) come back raring to go like wild stallions in the mating season.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Did anyone else notice Dyche obviously trying to intimidate Andy Robbo during the 1st half? Robbo was taking a throw in and Dyche was standing immediately behind him, with his hand covering his mouth, shouting something at Robbo. Obviously I couldn’t tell what he was shouting, but I doubt it was anything complimentary.
Saw the incident and Robbo was laughing/smiling so IMO just banter

Jaytinho

The one thing that really got me excited is how easy we are making "tricky" games look. Before the game Owen and Andy Townsend were insistent that Van Dijk will have his first real physical test with Ashley Barnes. I was laughing my ass off at how VVD was out jumping and shrugging him off so easily LOL He was pocketed so bad he had to go off, and Barnes is a player who usually finishes 90 mins for Burnley in most games. I mean, we were at Turf Moor and made it look like Anfield. I dont want to openly say it lol but we may have a chance this season. The first 10 games would be a good gauge tho

GaryC

After the first 4 matches it is shaping to be another 2 horse race. How we made the Burnley win seem routine was truly amazing. They could not cope with our intensity all over the pitch, their pitch. Here’s hoping our boys come back from the international break injury free.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I gave MoM to Adrian. Kept us at nil-nil with a remarkable reflex-save, was perfect with his feet throughout the game and cut out any error of his game. He is improving, and hopefully he can continue on that track.

And by the way, he's twice the player Mignolet has ever been. Super move from the club this summer, and a genuine reinforcement for us, again! :well done:

Barnestormer

Left wing.
I gave MoM to Adrian. Was perfect throughout the game, kept us at nil nil with a super-save, and cut out any error of his game. He is improving, and hopefully he can continue on that track.

And by the way, he's twice the player Mignolet has ever been. Super mogve from the club this summer, and a genuine reinforcement for us, again!
Yes forgot to mention him, his kicking had noticeably improved. Looks like Klopps nice cup of tea routine worked again. Has far more character and confidence than Mignolet and you need these qualities in a keeper, they're stood with no-one to talk to for 70 mins.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Yes forgot to mention him, his kicking had noticeably improved. Looks like Klopps nice cup of tea routine worked again. Has far more character and confidence than Mignolet and you need these qualities in a keeper, they're stood with no-one to talk to for 70 mins.
I wonder how much that improvement has come from his ankle healing. Does he kick with the one that got injured by the fan?