POST MATCH: Burnley v Liverpool (EPL 5/12/2018 7.45pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

• Gomez (off 23)

• Matip

• Van Dijk

• Moreno (off 65)

• Henderson

• Keita

• Milner

• Shaqiri

• Sturridge

• Origi (off 65)

• Alexander-Arnold (on 23)

• Firmino (on 65)

• Salah (on 65)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Commando

The tackle on Gomez was malicious and one on Origi earlier scared the shit out of me,Origi did well to avoid being cleaned out and it was definitely their game plan,disgusting tactics.
There was an earlier on on Joe a couple of minutes into the game. A taste of what was to come.

For all those posters who love to slag off the players, that was some rough, tough shit dished out there by Burnley with no protection from the match officials but the lads stuck it out, toughed it out, rose above it and played Burnley off the park in shit conditions. Bloody proud of each and every one of them tonight ...... BLOODY proud! :well done:
I'll hold my hand up to that. See my post regarding Sturridge above. I think I'll hide my tablet when the game is on in future. Put temptation out of my reach.
I'm normally a quite placid kind of person. This season is just getting to me. I think I made my post when we'd just conceded and Chelsea were one up. Still no excuse like, so as I say no more posting mid match. :well done:

C

Caradoc

There was an earlier on on Joe a couple of minutes into the game. A taste of what was to come.

I'll hold my hand up to that. See my post regarding Sturridge above. I think I'll hide my tablet when the game is on in future. Put temptation out of my reach.
I'm normally a quite placid kind of person. This season is just getting to me. I think I made my post when we'd just conceded and Chelsea were one up. Still no excuse like, so as I say no more posting mid match. :well done:

In the heat of the moment, when the match is on doesn’t really count - most of us do that from time to time - unless of course its constant and OTT. Its the next day and the next day when posters have had chance to calm down and reflect but still spout their negative abusive shit that I’m referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
There was a time when I quite admired Sean Dyche for what he'd done at Burnley. I always thought they were under-rated. Now they have gone full Wimbledon 1988. Horrible shite tactics and deliberately malicious and he can fuck right off for having a go at Klopp. What a cunt.

We've seen loads of these types of games down the years but they usually end up with us drawing or losing. This team and manager is different and it's about time they got credit for it. Long since stopped second guessing Klopp on rotation or how he introduces new players into the team because if you do you just end up looking stupid. He knows exactly what he's doing. The way he manages individuals and the squad dynamic is his strongest point. This was always going to be the game where he took a risk on team selection and it paid off.

Naby Keita. At last, the player I had believed we were buying turned up tonight. Unlucky not to score but his movement, his confidence on the ball, tackling and ball carrying was unlike anything we've seen all season. Coming into form just at the right time. Want to see a lot more of him. Of the old guard, Milner was also excellent and that goal was brilliantly worked. When we concede now I can barely believe it, our defending is so good and when it's not then we have a great keeper who can not only save our arse, but then set up the attack that seals the game.

What a team. What a manager. Enjoy.

FGred

Sean Dyke drinks piss I’m sure of it. Bunch of thugs deserved all they got.

First half piss poor, bad all round bar Keita.

Second half we moved it quicker and got our rewards as let’s face it Burnley are gash. Huge win though, best start to a season in our 126 year history which is saying something as we are still in 3rd gear.

50p head really shouldn’t be starting here, hes pretty weak in every area.
I was raging at the telly their main tactic on corners was to get one of their players to hold VVD down to stop him heading the ball and that useless ref stood there watching and Dyck thought that was genius 22 fouls and not one yellow for them then they tackled ferociously got the ball but every time they followed through to try and injure our players and unfortunately for us it did with the Gomez one, how he had the gall to have a go at Klopp is beyond me

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
Alisson, VVD and Keita were Monsters. Shaq is shaq.
Sturridge cant run so the deeper role suited his limited mobility much better I thought.
Fuck Sean Douche and his team of cloggers.
I fear Gomez has done ankle ligaments, hope I'm fucking wrong but if it has to be let's get the Worlds greatest centre half fit because C3PO gives me Hemorrhoids watching him.
Sorry, who is C3PO amongst our lads? I am a bit slow with the TIA sardonic humour.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
What is good about today’s win is that Gini, fab, Robbo, Lovren, mane didn’t feature, and Salah and bobby got a rest too...

So full squad will be used for the upcoming games. And good for studge and origi to get some minutes - I’m sure they will be needed.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
That was interesting,pretty ordinary first half,except for Nabi,who put in a good shift.
To be expected with all the changes,but he had to do that at some point with the busy schedule we have.
Great to see Nabi showing us what we know he has,great game from VVD,Alisson showed how good he is,Shaq,another good display,nice to see Bobby back on the scoresheet.
What is not to like.?
Motm hard for me,gave it to Nabi in the end,he may well be the revelation many expected.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
So they scored an off side goal should have had a red card on Bardsley and Dyche is the one who moans.

Really hope they go down.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I had the temerity to turn the radiator on without asking when I was cold the other night...

:eh?:

they tend to make it all about them, dont they.... i mean, sometimes labour can go on for 12 hours.....the chairs in those birthing suites are uncomfortable at best.......i said to my missus at the time, i said to her....'these linoleum floors are really hard to stand on for all these hours in a row'..........

you point out one little fact........

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
After a poor first half, I thought we were much better after the break. Showed a lot of character after conceding the goal to fight back and win the game. Burnley were very physical and tried to bully us out of the game, but it didn’t work. Maybe that’s what pissed Dyche off at the end, ha ha!!

Red over the water

Is Dyche's mum Phyllis still on Coronation Street?

I had to leave when we were winning 2-1 and didn't know the final score until coming back on here. Get in!

I'll look forward to watching this later. Sounds like Keita started to find his groove. I'm looking forward to him and Fabinho playing at a high level in the same midfield. We have solid citizens in there, but those two should elevate the level of the midfield in the second half of the season.

Gutted for Gomez. Hopefully it's not ligaments.