• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Burnley v Liverpool (EPL 5/12/2018 7.45pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

• Gomez (off 23)

• Matip

• Van Dijk

• Moreno (off 65)

• Henderson

• Keita

• Milner

• Shaqiri

• Sturridge

• Origi (off 65)

• Alexander-Arnold (on 23)

• Firmino (on 65)

• Salah (on 65)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red over the water

Is Dyche's mum Phyllis still on Coronation Street?

I had to leave when we were winning 2-1 and didn't know the final score until coming back on here. Get in!

I'll look forward to watching this later. Sounds like Keita started to find his groove. I'm looking forward to him and Fabinho playing at a high level in the same midfield. We have solid citizens in there, but those two should elevate the level of the midfield in the second half of the season.

Gutted for Gomez. Hopefully it's not ligaments.

Toro

Florida Red
After watching the highlights again, Origi's play in the box to set up Milner for our first goal, and Sturridge's lob to Salah who then crossed it to Shaq to finish Burnley off were both brilliant.

Last edited:

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Just give Milner another contract! We don’t want him going out to grass at fucking Leeds Utd. He hauled us back into the game tonight and is the ultimate professional, a fantastic role model to young players. Give him the contract now!

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Someone mentioned C3PO, however, i was more impressed with Superman. The save from the header was immense, ok it was probably hitting the post but the fact he got there was really impressive.
Only watched parts of the game on my phone due to bad stream. It was clear Burnley came with a physical approach, i have no problems with that as long as its managed correctly by the ref. How there was only 1 (I believe) yellow card is a mystery, i am an old school player who likes the physical side of the game but some of the referees decisions were appaling.

In summary, still unbeaten, rested players, 2 points off top is a good position to be. The Xmas period will be make or break, we have Utd. And Arse at home and then City away on the 3rd. I would be over the moon if we can win against the other opposition and take 5/6 points out of the big 3!

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I see Jonesy has already told you Matip. Actually him and Shaq could go to the Xmas fancy dress as C3PO and R2D2 now that I think of it.
lollollol:well done:. Yes, I can visualise those two in Star Wars fancy dress. Honestly, what are we like on in-match and post match threads.:)

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
@Lynch04 Lynch, oh yes good one. I can Alisson as Superman:well done:. He saved us so many times, not conceding many goals this season so far.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Just give Milner another contract! We don’t want him going out to grass at fucking Leeds Utd. He hauled us back into the game tonight and is the ultimate professional, a fantastic role model to young players. Give him the contract now!
In many ways and at critical times he's been the cornerstone of Klopp's rebuilding of the team (if he had not performed at left back for us before andy robertson and we had to rely on Moreno we would not be in such good shape as we are today)

GTA_G20

FirminoFan
Rollercoaster of emotions.
1st half was the long ball after long ball.
2nd half klopp finally made early substitutes and it pays off. Hope he keeps subs on early and it keeps us fresh.

Gomez - hope it’s not nit serious. You will be missed if it is

Milner - you are a true general and deserve captain

Keita - I’ve been begging for our dead midfield to come alive and today it did

Henderson - walking dead in the midfield. Didn’t even remember you contributing anything today.

Becker - great saves and worth your weight in gold

Virgil - man of the match for me. You go under the radar for what you do. But today man you were shinning like a diamond. Offence and defence. You do it all

NZred

The Red From NZ
I had to laugh at a specific play in the first half, VVD plays the ball to Henderson about 10 meters inside our half. Henderson sprints about 30 meters forward, looks up and passes.......sideways/backwards to Moreno whom then has to pass back 20 meters to VVD.

C

Caradoc

I had to laugh at a specific play in the first half, VVD plays the ball to Henderson about 10 meters inside our half. Henderson sprints about 30 meters forward, looks up and passes.......sideways/backwards to Moreno whom then has to pass back 20 meters to VVD.

After a win like this evenings was that worth posting? Seriously?

jaffod

Turned my shitty stream off after we conceded and went into 'ritual mode', you know, when you do things you're convinced will make the difference. Sat there staring at flash scores waiting for the flashing red circle to show up and it did exactly that 3 times. To be fair though I'd been really disappointed with our performance before switching off, so many players with something to prove but there was no urgency or drive first half. Klopp was right to make so many changes but we just never got going, Sturridge and Origi would have both been hooked at half-time if it was down to me.
Don't know what to make of Studge anymore, someone says he really played well when he dropped deeper and he did play a great ball for the third goal but he offers very little when starting these days and looks really laboured. We were probably all expecting too much of Origi after the derby but he disappointed, I wanted him to use his pace and power to scare the shit out of their yard-dogs but he played safe and never threatened.
Naby was a revelation though, carrying the ball forward at every opportunity and that's been sorely missing with our centre-mids for some time. Shaq was quiet and I don't remember Hendo doing anything at all.
Real shame about Joe, I'm no expert but I reckon it's ligaments so we'll be relying on 2 players who are by nature unreliable for the next month or so.
Burnley are fucking shite and I'd pay good money to see them go down. fucking disgraceful tackle on Moreno and that twat Dyche just has to jump on the bandwagon and have a go at everyone's favourite target at the end. Can't wait for him to get sacked and I reckon it could be soon.
On to Bournemouth, most of the starters should be reasonably fresh and hopefully Mane and Robbo should be over their knocks. Results went our way so all in all a good night.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I remember that......except I didn't laugh at the time...

Flobs

FADA
After watching the highlights again, Origi's play in the box to set up Milner for our first goal, and Sturridge's lob to Salah who then crossed it to Shaq to finish Burnley off were both brilliant.
We have absolutely no creativity but we do have brilliance. I love brilliance. ^^

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
Missed the match. Watched the highlights. Looked like fun all around England with lots of slippery goals on a wet night.

James Effin Milner. What a shot.

Remember when you'd worry about a trip to Turf Moor because Burnley's defense was so good?

Spitfire

Resident Realist
Alisson MOM for me.

In the last couple of games in particular we have seen what we paid for - saves at big moments in the match that gain points.
Not to mention the start of the counter that saw us home in stoppage time.

Keita was very sharp - if he can keep building his fitness and sharpness he will be the spark we need to drive the front three forward.

It may not be pretty at times but who cares, its bloody effective!

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Rollercoaster of emotions.
1st half was the long ball after long ball.
2nd half klopp finally made early substitutes and it pays off. Hope he keeps subs on early and it keeps us fresh.

Gomez - hope it’s not nit serious. You will be missed if it is

Milner - you are a true general and deserve captain

Keita - I’ve been begging for our dead midfield to come alive and today it did

Henderson - walking dead in the midfield. Didn’t even remember you contributing anything today.

Becker - great saves and worth your weight in gold

Virgil - man of the match for me. You go under the radar for what you do. But today man you were shinning like a diamond. Offence and defence. You do it all
we probably paid more than that....someone will do the math

NZred

The Red From NZ
After a win like this evenings was that worth posting? Seriously?
Why wouldn't it be? A win doesn't mask how weak he is in our midfield. But hey, you go stick your head in the sand.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
@Lynch04 Lynch, oh yes good one. I can Alisson as Superman:well done:. He saved us so many times, not conceding many goals this season so far.
Question is do you prefer Alisson as Superman in his cape or as Clarke Kent with his suit and thick rimmed glasses?

Arminius

FSG PR plant
they tend to make it all about them, dont they.... i mean, sometimes labour can go on for 12 hours.....the chairs in those birthing suites are uncomfortable at best.......i said to my missus at the time, i said to her....'these linoleum floors are really hard to stand on for all these hours in a row'..........

you point out one little fact........
And the cable package on the tv is simply shocking, lucky if you get one game to choose from.