• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Cardiff 3 Liverpool 6

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
It's (still) on!!!!

A story of blistering attacking and horrible defending. Mental LFC.

Outrageous that Fabio and Caulker didn't see red.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Boom - lesson for fans: Relax and see what happens, making changes when the players are off kilter isn't always the answer - turns out this time around, it was a half time rocket that was required.

Game on - bring on Sunderland.

Thought Allen started poorly but as the game wore on showed his class.

Think that'll be Aggers last game in a red shirt sadly - he's just not good enough.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Luis has just helped reduced my blood pressure !

Well done Luis and Daniel. Well done to our team. It was nerve wracking the last 5 minutes.

NB: Luis really works his socks off, he puts his heart and soul into every game.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Luis Suarez is simply one of the true phenomenons of football, now or at any other time. Poor day at the office for the team generally, but that man is just unplayable.

Had a laugh at the end, could see him weighing up whether to pass to Sterling, who was wide open, but obviously thought 'Nah!' and went for goal. Good thing he got it lol

Gobbleturkey

Defensive issues still bugging me but great to see Suarez and Sturridge scoring together. Hopefully Sakho gets the start vs Sunderland

Archer

TIA First Team
Tidy it up at the back boys! Then the world will start to shit itself when we emerge from the tunnel.

Goal machine of a team he's built.

Title winning or not Champions League is almost back in our hands and the progress has been immense.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Giggling like a horny schoolgirl here.

Suarez teasing Sterling at the end...priceless.

Reactions: ptt

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Liverpool, Liverpool, Keegan FC, Liverpool, Keeegan FC

Just how popular are we?

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Wonderful second half, just a bit spoiled by that careless defensive action on Cardiff's third goal, but hey, that's three points more in the bag, pulling away from Arsenal, and our forwards on fire (and Skrtel haha). :cheers:

Stats:

Possession 33% - 67%
Shots 9 - 19
On target 3 - 9
Corners 4 - 6

Now on to Sunderland, with a similar attacking performance, and better defending please!

YNWAGerrard

Scored 6 today, the highest all season i think!
Suarez hatrick! hes on his way to break the record

*P.S. I'm still pissed that they put an ad before suarez scored his third >.>

gb1986

3 points, all i cared about. That and Suarez + Sturridge breaking goal scoring records this year, glad Suarez didn't square it for Sterling, 5-3 last minute of the game.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
These games in Wales have proven stressful, but at least we got to stroll away in this one.

Poor 1st half but much better 2nd. Really happy with the result and the Suarez hat-trick. But I still can't fathom how shit we are at defending! Seem to totally switch off at times. Hopefully Sakho comes in for Agger against Sunderland.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
SoueysTash said:
Boom - lesson for fans: Relax and see what happens, making changes when the players are off kilter isn't always the answer - turns out this time around, it was a half time rocket that was required.

Game on - bring on Sunderland.

Thought Allen started poorly but as the game wore on showed his class.

Think that'll be Aggers last game in a red shirt sadly - he's just not good enough.
Unfortunately, yes.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Not to sound too pessimistic, but we need to play a lot better than this. It's fantastic that we can smash six past fodder like Cardiff to make up for conceding three, but we need to be a lot tighter against Spurs, Citeh and Chelsea.

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
Mascot88 said:
Not to sound too pessimistic, but we need to play a lot better than this. It's fantastic that we can smash six past fodder like Cardiff to make up for conceding three, but we need to be a lot tighter against Spurs, Citeh and Chelsea.
Sakho will have that sorted.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Well it's 3 points in the bag, and I'm sure Luis has the golden boot, Rodgers deserves praise for the roasting that lot must have got at half time.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Didn't like the defensive shambles, but I guess that's to be expected by now.

MOM to Suarez again, managed to score three even while slipping all over the place :D

I didn't quite understand the midfield diamond, especially since their 5-3-2 would have been more vulnerable to attacks from wide. Though Rodgers probably saw that stat about Cardiff conceding more in the second half, and decided we would try to keep it tight at the start (but failed).

RaoulDuke

Hardly-Known Member
As I wrote in the in game thread: suarez and sturridge scored 50 goals so far this season (28+22).

I am serious now: is there any other club with a better strike force?
Seriously?
And sturridge is not just a poacher, much more than that.
His assist today was ingenious. For example.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
OhYaBeauty said:
Coming up in thirty minutes: Brendan Rodgers' presser: "Well I thought we were outstanding"
He loves that word. I love for him to say we were beguiling ! :lol:

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Another 3 points in the bag. Started poorly but always in the game. Better second half though with Luis his usual self. Seems childish to complain when we have just won another away game but............
Defensively we are a fucking shambles. I love the "Title" optimism and its fantastic being in the frame at this late stage but if we continue to concede in 2's and 3's we will make a fatal slip and one poor result is all it will take to sink that ship.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Mascot88 said:
We have the last two games were fine... It's probably good we had this game keeps the players reminded that they can't just turn up.

ShadesOfRed

1. Liverpool (C)
Not even slightly worried about finishing in the top 4 anymore. Forget top 3 as well.. we're going to win the league!

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Hmm, well...I guess its best not to die wondering at the end of the day. Certainly not doing that at any rate this season

But it may be time to think about bringing Sakho in to the frame. That display defensively was absolute torture. Dog toffee in fact

But in attack, well...can't say I have seen a more potent force since we last won the league. Staggering

Certainly not boring though. Thought it would be tricky as Cardiff were battling to stay up and historically had the wood on us, but guess we just had to let fly and worry about the rest later