• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Cardiff 3 Liverpool 6

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Semmy said:
fixed. You don't bench your only midfielder with Europe experience when playing CL. He plays and leads the team. Rest him on league games when the competition is not as fierce
Agree.

Plus, who's the lucky fucker that gets to tell Stevie he's not playing in the camp nou midweek cause he's required at the hawthorns on the weekend?

BR ' col me ol mate, friend of mine, remember how you told me you'd do anything to keep your job, I might just have a little task for you'

Bobbinho

Claymenza said:
Why not play allen then and sell lucas?
I think that will be more a decision for Lucas himself tbh, it's up to him really, if he would be happy to stay as as a peripheral player then fine, but if he wants to play regularly then he might have to decide to move on, which i certainly wouldn't begrudge him if that was what he wanted.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Claymenza said:
Why not play allen then and sell lucas?
why sell Lucas? He will be filling SG's spot when he is being rested, or coverage for a new CM if one is brought in.

no shame in being 2nd-string DM to Steven Gerrard. Legend of a player.

Claymenza

Do we want a 27 year old player on 60 k a week to be happy on the bench? The issue is not only that he's happy to be 2nd string, it's whether he's blocking the way for another younger player who may be better.

Same story for agger and skrtel, long term one of them will be benched for sakho...who gets paid less.

Bobbinho

Claymenza said:
Do we want a 27 year old player on 60 k a week to be happy on the bench? The issue is not only that he's happy to be 2nd string, it's whether he's blocking the way for another younger player who may be better.

Same story for agger and skrtel, long term one of them will be benched for sakho...who gets paid less.
Very good point, personally wouldn't have a problem with the Club moving anyone on who isn't really reliable/consistent enough, it is & has been holding us back from freshening up the squad with players who are hungry, keen & good enough to make a career at the club.

A shake up is needed in the summer for sure.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Are we going to start this game already?

Consider how incredibly deep our bench was at some points this season. Are we seriously going to complain of having depth because it costs money to have quality in depth?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Semmy said:
Are we going to start this game already?

Consider how incredibly deep our bench was at some points this season. Are we seriously going to complain of having depth because it costs money to have quality in depth?
I guess the owners trained the fans very well then.... expecting youth to fill the bench when we went up against the likes of Barcelona or Bayern,.

trygve76

TIA New Signing
lfc.eddie said:
As for the bold part, where did you get that numbers from? No way in hell we are going to spend 70mil without selling someone to fund part of that kitty.
Sorry, didn't see this until now. I read it in...can't remember at the moment, an English newspaper, that Henry had supposedly promised Rodgers upwards of £60M this summer if we make the Champions League. Agree with your thoughts re our opposition, although I very much think our team will develop into something a lot stronger than where we are today. WIth the right signings in the summer, I hope we have a bright next four or five years ahead of us.