Post Match: Cardiff v Liverpool (EPL 21/4/19 4pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

• Matip

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Robertson

• Wijnaldum [GOAL 55’]

Votes: 45 29.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Keita [off 70’]

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Salah

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Firmino

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Fabinho [on 70’, off 74’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Milner [on 74’, GOAL 80’]

• Gomez [on 86’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
Brilliant , brilliant Reds. Another superb controlled performance when it mattered most. Pressure right back on City now for Wednesday night and Utd , smarting after today's embarrassment , should be looking to make amends and stay in contention for top four. What a fuckin' title race this is turning into.

Gave MOTM to Matip. By far his best run of games since he's been at the club and , not for the first time recently , he has even outshone Van Dijk . Hats off to him and I really hope he's still here next year.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
If I had to sum up last season's team with a word, it would be exhilarating.

If I had to do the same for this season's team, it would be relentless.

We may lack the same sparkle but we just keep rolling over teams by exerting control... having a world-class defence means we can be patient, bide our time and keep playing our game, and our world-class attack means the goals will come in time.

Can only compare it to Rafa's best team of 08/09 which had the same relentless feel, but in terms of quality I think our 18/19 vintage edges it, which also makes it the best Liverpool side I've witnessed in the 23-odd years I've been supporting.

We may not win the title, unfortunately that's out of our hands, but I've no doubt we'll be right in the mix again next season.

macca1970

Another one of those games against lower table teams where we controlled the game, let the opposition tire out, kept our composure, and then went for the kill.

Brilliant opening goal by Gini, got a true connection on the half volley. Mo has learned that refs will never give a penalty if you battle to stay on your feet, so when the defender has two hands on you for a god few secs, have to demonstrate tot eh ref that you are being impeded. Cool penalty again by Milner.

Fab taken off for a possible concussion. Football is really behind the times. When a player is potentially concussed, an extra sub should be allowed. Prevents desperate managers from keeping players on for short term reward.

Three more games, all we can do is stay focussed and try to win them. Two crucial semi finals as well. Nice thing is we have Gini, Milner, Henderson, Fab (hope he’s ok) and Keita for midfield rotation and subs. Really gives us a good engine in the middle.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Well controlled game though that open header for them should have tied the score. Voted Hendo Motm but could have been a load of players, Mane and Wini close behind Hendo for me. I hate it when teams try to keep the score tied then score near the end so i think Cardiff got what they deserved, nothing. After todays games i have zero hopes of Utd getting anything from City but as long as we keep doing the business we'll keep the pressure on them. Now for a well deserved 5 day rest before hopefully a game to really eat into the GD.