• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Cardiff v Liverpool (EPL 21/4/19 4pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

• Matip

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Robertson

• Wijnaldum [GOAL 55’]

Votes: 45 29.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Keita [off 70’]

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Salah

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Firmino

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Fabinho [on 70’, off 74’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Milner [on 74’, GOAL 80’]

• Gomez [on 86’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joe Gomez x

Solid professional performance. Two decent goals , most played well and we managed to get all points and a clean sheet against a defensive side. Joel Matip my man of the match, made some brilliant interceptions and won some brilliant aerial challenges, love the way he drives forwards from the back. Trent was a worry in the first half but settled down.
We move on to our next and pray United get something.
YNWA

big noyd

salah played the ball twice with morrison's arms around him, only went down on a halfass clothesline when he tried to break away. laughable that the same people who wanted a pen for that diving twat bernardo yesterday are crying about it

mane & henderson were brilliant again, bob was very good other than the leftfooted miss. giving MOTM to matip for his use of the ball and because he's grown into a trustworthy player just when we needed him

away goal from gini and an incredible miss on an open goal, those city cowards have to be rattled

Werder4life

Just when I started to feel a tiny little bit concerned , up steps Gini. Just shortly after we had to bring on Mr. James Safepen Millner , he puts the pen away. Boooooooooaring!

Nicely done , Bananaskin my arse - no ballboys/gals - carpet dry pitch - time wasting literaly from minute 1 - pathetic.

Fuck off Neil.
Motm Fabinho.
3 points - next.

On a serious note - Matip looked very solid again today - Robbo had an awfull crossing on him , closly followed by Trent. (with crosses) - no harm done.

Last edited:

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
It was a tough match. Cardiff were not going to roll over, they are fighting for their relegation lives. They did their very best to frustrate us. We got our important 3 points. I thought Mane was fantastic, he ran his socks off, Gini always scores in a moment when we really need a goal and Milner what a great penalty. Henderson was just superb, he was up and down that pitch like a man possessed.

All in all, a good and nerve wrecking match. We wouldn't have it any other way. :rolleyes:lol

MOTM is our Sadio Mane:well done:

Well done Redmen and the travelling Kop!:cheers:

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Fab taken off for a possible concussion. Football is really behind the times. When a player is potentially concussed, an extra sub should be allowed. Prevents desperate managers from keeping players on for short term reward.
First time I can remember seeing concussion protocol followed properly. Player wanted back on, and the trainer vetoed it.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Crystal Palace beat Man City- headed by a former LFC manager (Hodgeson)
Newcastle beat Man City - headed by another former LFC manager (Benitez )
Man City play Leicester- headed by another former LFC manager (Rodgers)

How crazy is that? Is this an omen?:)

kwala

TIA Regular
Job done, just keep going collecting the 3 points every week, and see what happens. I expect City to thrash United, so it will take a surprise result for City to slip up.

Thoroughly professional away performance against a well organised Warnock side. If Booby, Mo and Mane took their chances 1st half we'd have smashed them, but it remained tight. Hope Fabinho is OK and it was just precautionary taking him off.

Last edited: