Post Match: Cardiff v Liverpool (EPL 21/4/19 4pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

• Matip

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Robertson

• Wijnaldum [GOAL 55’]

Votes: 45 29.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Keita [off 70’]

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Salah

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Firmino

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Fabinho [on 70’, off 74’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Milner [on 74’, GOAL 80’]

• Gomez [on 86’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Matip was good going forward although he was hardly challenged at all. Gini scored a wonder goal but I voted for Keita. It was his best game for us since Burnley away. He used the ball well and won it back in good areas. Starting to look like the player I thought we might be getting when we bought him. JK's persistence paying off and he is definitely one to watch next season.
Only reservation I have for Keita is his pace, not running pace but adapting to the overall pace of the game. A match like this where the opponent sits back and letting you have the ball he will shine. When he plays against team that come at him and close him down quick, he has a problem. Hopefully he sort that out come next season then we do have a player in our hands.

Red over the water

Just what the Doctor ordered. Back to the top after a professional win. It took a little while for the breakthrough, partly down to Cardiff battling, partly down to a couple of missed chances and partly down to a horrible, dry pitch. Still, Klopp exudes calm authority and the team didn’t panic, but kept plugging away and got what they deserved.

Man Utd are rubbish, as they showed today. Surely they will respond and fight hard on Wednesday. It probably won’t be enough, as there’s a massive gulf in quality between them and Man City, but hopefully some pride might be the leveler.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Learned today from the DAZN-commentator that Warnock himself is a ref. So he should know the rules.
lol Some ref Wallnut is when he thinks Robbo's shirt pull on Morrison was worse than Morrison's on Mo Salah. There again, it's been said that for a top league like the Premier we do have the crappiest refs, so Wallnut should fit in real good.

pass_and_move

TIA New Signing
Big result, as they all are now. Tough opponents who made us fight for 3 points. Stonewall penalty and superb finish by Gini (Tommy Smith would have been proud of that). Overall a great performance. Sadly the Premiership is no longer ours for the taking, but here's hoping that today's wupping by the mighty Everton will galvanise MUtd into some sort of response midweek. For the first and only time in my life I will become a Man U fan come Wednesday. Keep on believing!

Commando

Ad-free Member
Just in from a day out in Chester. Watched the game in the downstairs (below street level) bit of a pub in the Chester Rows. It had a vaulted ceiling and the biggest array of spirits I've seen outside of an AI resort on my hols. A great win, a lovely ride back on the train and bus. Got home to our garden looking and smelling lovely. The house has that late spring/early summer warmth to it. All is right in the world.

I should have put this in the Room 010 things you love thread.

But,

Hey ho.

Have a great evening fellow TIAers.

COYR YNWA

[email protected]

Ps - just saw Warnock’s post match interview. He claimed they had one offside that was on, and he gave Mo Salah 9.9 for the dive.

Can’t wait until they are relegated, the bum.
here s his full post match reaction and he gave US a lot of compliments afterwards *credit where it is due*
p.s. i have a saying a moron who knows he is a moron he s at least not a FULL moron.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
First game of the season I didn't get to see unfortunately. My Dad has been very ill and is thankfully on the mend so I got to spend Easter Sunday with him and my family, any time with him is precious because his health has been so poor recently.
I was able to keep an eye for phone updates and thankfully we got the job done. I hope to see the full.game later.

Commando

Ad-free Member
First game of the season I didn't get to see unfortunately. My Dad has been very ill and is thankfully on the mend so I got to spend Easter Sunday with him and my family, any time with him is precious because his health has been so poor recently.
I was able to keep an eye for phone updates and thankfully we got the job done. I hope to see the full.game later.
Best wishes to you and your Dad @T.C.B

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
Grinded out 3 points against a taem set up to bore the fuck out of us, just as expected. Good solid performance and controlled basically from start to finish. Never really felt like Cardiff were any threat whatsoever.

Hopefully Cardiff get back to winning ways now to keep the pressure on Brighton, who we may need to be playing for something on the last day.

Frustrating dry pitch, which soem of the boys clearly struggled with. Robbo's deliveries today were very average and too many relatively easy chances missed.

All of us will be Man U supporters for 90 minutes on Wednesday. Hopeully the spanking they got at Goodison will motivate them for Citeh and they don't do a Chelsea.

Just watched the manager interviews. Neil Warnock = prize cock.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Great win as I lost count how many times we tripped over the ball on that dry surface went for Hendo as motm gave everything again but good performances from Gini in the 6 and Joel again very solid.

Regarding the penalty I have seen the odd comment saying it was soft, no way, blatant holding offence, however, what is sad is that Mo has to fall over for it to be given, the ref should have blown as soon as there was no advantage.

Well done fellas, I did get a bit nervous after missing 3 good 1st half chances.

Last edited:

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
here s his full post match reaction and he gave US a lot of compliments afterwards *credit where it is due*
p.s. i have a saying a moron who knows he is a moron he s at least not a FULL moron.
I like him. 70. Lively as hell. Just lost a match, and he's joking with the reporters. When I've watched Cardiff this season, they always give it a shot. They've given some big clubs close matches. Right after we went up it seemed they came at us and nearly scored. He's done a good job. Surely deserves another season. Let's not forget their club record signing went to the bottom of the Channel. I'll never forget his walk around the pitch the match after that. I think he and Cardiff have been a credit to the league this season.

FGred

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery mate

pass_and_move

TIA New Signing
I like him. 70. Lively as hell. Just lost a match, and he's joking with the reporters. When I've watched Cardiff this season, they always give it a shot. They've given some big clubs close matches. Right after we went up it seemed they came at us and nearly scored. He's done a good job. Surely deserves another season. Let's not forget their club record signing went to the bottom of the Channel. I'll never forget his walk around the pitch the match after that. I think he and Cardiff have been a credit to the league this season.
I can't stand the guy. Massive knob head. His feud with Rafa was just plain daft. Quote

"Neil Warnock insists he has no problem with Liverpool but admits he will always carry a grudge against their former manager Rafa Benitez.
Benitez was in charge of the Reds in May 2007 when Warnock's Sheffield United side were relegated from the Premier League, a fate he believes the Spaniard largely contributed to.

With Liverpool preparing for a UEFA Champions League final against Milan, Benitez fielded what Warnock believes was a hugely weakened side against Fulham in their last away game of the league season."

Who the fuck are Sheffield Utd?

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I can't stand the guy. Massive knob head. His feud with Rafa was just plain daft. Quote

"Neil Warnock insists he has no problem with Liverpool but admits he will always carry a grudge against their former manager Rafa Benitez.
Benitez was in charge of the Reds in May 2007 when Warnock's Sheffield United side were relegated from the Premier League, a fate he believes the Spaniard largely contributed to.

With Liverpool preparing for a UEFA Champions League final against Milan, Benitez fielded what Warnock believes was a hugely weakened side against Fulham in their last away game of the league season."

Who the fuck are Sheffield Utd?
What has always infuriated me about that is that Rafa's selection was irrelevant. From my post a few weeks ago:

What makes Warnock a spectacular dickhead is that he targeted Benitez. He absolutely had a legitimate complaint against West Ham over the Tevez/Mascherano registrations. But West Ham beat ManU (Tevez goal) to stay up and relegate Sheffield United. Liverpool's opponent Charlton went down because they did not get the win they needed to survive against a massively distracted team. Meanwhile, Ferguson got a complete pass despite the fact he fielded a more weakened team and simply lost. You can actually find ManU fans who will cite the weakened team as one of Benitez' many sins, when Liverpool was a side player mathematically, Sheffield United finished 4 points ahead of Charlton.

Ferguson rolled over for West Ham, so Warnock pointed a finger at Rafa's team selection.

His anger was in part also due to LFC's 1-0 Fulham loss the previous week, but in fact Wigan was the last team not relegated...and Benitez had beaten them with a similarly weakened team just two weeks earlier - weakened for the same reason, a Champions League tie.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Hope your Dad is on the speedy road to recovery and is home soon T.C.B.:)

Last edited:

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Aww, I thought Neil was very gracious in defeat and he does have abit of a sense of humour and was very complementary to us, so I have to give him some credit. I am sure he is a nice man away from being 'football manager.

Last edited: