Post Match: Cardiff v Liverpool (EPL 21/4/19 4pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

• Matip

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Robertson

• Wijnaldum [GOAL 55’]

Votes: 45 29.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Keita [off 70’]

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Salah

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Firmino

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Fabinho [on 70’, off 74’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Milner [on 74’, GOAL 80’]

• Gomez [on 86’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
I have an extra reason for wanting to win something this season. My wife is also a fan and it looks like the Lung Cancer will ensure this is her last season. We will be cheering for United for the first time in our lives.
Sorry to hear. Hoping my father-in-law is still around when we get back home. Pancreatic. .

William Clarke

redshirt
I have an extra reason for wanting to win something this season. My wife is also a fan and it looks like the Lung Cancer will ensure this is her last season. I will be cheering for United for the first time in my life.
Really sad hearing of your wife's lung cancer. Let's hope the lads give her the league or champions cup before her demise. My sincerest wishes to your wife @costared.

And yes, like yourself, I'll be rooting for Utd to at least take a point from the derby game.

Barry O'Connor

I have an extra reason for wanting to win something this season. My wife is also a fan and it looks like the Lung Cancer will ensure this is her last season. We will be cheering for United for the first time in our lives.
Sorry to hear that lad. I wish you all the strength you need and here's hoping the reds can get over the line for you and your wife.

Semmy

A bit late to the Post Match After Party:

We were in London (Piccadilly Circus) for about 2.30pm. Some family stuff to do and then a black tie event that had a "Champagne Reception" starting at 5pm. So how was I going to get the Cardiff match in.

First had a look around the venue - no proper bar, just posh seating areas - and no TV screens. Ok, so what's the plan?

Get changed into the tux - minus black tie, then find a bar/pub nearby. Me and Lad. My missus knew that we wanted to watch the Cardiff game - so she could get ready, and then send us a message to meet her for around 5pm. I'm banking on her being fashionably late, so maybe just maybe we will get most of the match in - def the 1st half.

Found a pub - The Leicester Arms I think - short walk from Piccadilly.

Had a large screen upstairs but no sound. United had lost 4-0, and they looked like they were ripping into Agent Solskjaer.

So we watched the 1st half. Just get this feeling inside, every match recently - where its so involving, it means so much, I live through every pass, throw in, corner, foul, - every detail I soak it in - it means so much. It does, and its addictive, and unbearable at the same time.

Surely we will do Cardiff - had some good chances. The ball was moving slowly, Cardiff were playing slowly.

Then bang - Gini. He celebrated like when he scored against Boro a couple of years ago to guarantee a champions League spot. Love it.

Got a message from missus - can we make our way over? Told my lad - he looked at me, I looked at him.... don't think we can get out of this.
So we walked back.

Got a glass of champagne - lad next to me, looked at me - his phone buzzed. It was an LFC notification. We looked at each other - he got his phone. I saw his expression, and I knew it was cool. Millie, ice cool.

And we enjoyed rest of the night.

An odd game that I will remember for a long time, but for different reasons.

Now united are going to be under intense scrutiny after that performance - and Agent Soljskaer has a job to do on Wednesday.
Bizarre. We were right there at the same time yesterday. Stopped in for a pint at a pub founded in 1733. St James Tavern off Shaftesbury Ave

Last edited:

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
The lads will give it their all for you both. I’m sure of that.

bazza66

TIA Youth Team
We are staying close to Albert Docks.

Hardest thing to find in London is a good cup of coffee. Going to try Nero this morning as I haven’t had a cup since leaving home. Finally got the body clock switched over after a tough two days of adjusting (our 4yo son, especially. Caught a cold on the plane).
I found the same problem in Australia - when it was good it was great, but there seemed to be a lot of dross living off the reputation Aus has for good coffee. If you end up in the West End on this trip then there's loads of pitfalls as well.

Anyway, a couple of my old pit stops on the way to work:

Monmouth (27 Monmouth Street) near Covent Garden

Great selections here.

Notes (St Martin's Lane)

Nice cafe right next to Trafalgar Square. Decent coffee.

Caffe Vergnano (Charing Cross Road) also used to be ok.

Red Submarine

Believer
I found the same problem in Australia - when it was good it was great, but there seemed to be a lot of dross living off the reputation Aus has for good coffee. If you end up in the West End on this trip then there's loads of pitfalls as well.

Great selections here.

Notes (St Martin's Lane)

Is Bar Italia (opposite Ronnie Scott's) still good?

Semmy

Great selections here.

Notes (St Martin's Lane)

That's awesome as Monmouth is very close to our hotel near Russel Square

Maria

Just a coincidence, and hopefully yes! Will send you a pm later in week, out touring for the day again. Leaving Covent now heading back towards Leicester Square and Piccadilly. Want to take the young one to Lego and M&M store
There are some lovely gelato places there, Gelupo, 7 Archer St, Soho, Ia Gelataria 27 New Row, St Martin's Lane.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Salah clearly cares about the golden boot with trying to take the penno yest. Milner having none of it, rightly so, and proved why he is the taker when on the pitch.

Loved the old man celebration...then realised hes younger than me!

William Clarke

redshirt
UPDATE:

Fab's injury and time on the pitch.

Came on as substitute 71st minute
Injured in head to head clash with Zahore in 72nd minute
Treated on the pitch until 74th minute before going off
Milner came on in the 75th minute.

Did Fab even touch the ball?

T.C.B

Be strong mate, hopefully she gets to see us lift the trophy.

Joe Gomez x

Salah clearly cares about the golden boot with trying to take the penno yest. Milner having none of it, rightly so, and proved why he is the taker when on the pitch.

Loved the old man celebration...then realised hes younger than me!
Decided to read the comment section on Milners Instagram after the game....had to stop after 20 messages in a row criticizing him, asking for him to be sold.

Red over the water

Having slept on it, there’s more I have to get off my chest about Warnock. Don’t like him!

There’s a certain type of fella who can come across as reasonable, avuncular, even gregarious in the right light. That’s Neil Warnock to the untrained eye. But you barely have to scratch the surface before you see the true man.

We should swap jobs for a week? Narcissist! He’s basically saying he’s as good as Jurgen, and he would prove it if he had our players. And he’s also suggesting that Jurgen might not do as good a job as him with his players. Warnock is deluded. He’s 70 odd years old. After all those years in football, you would think that someone by now would have given him a top job! Why is it that the likes of Cardiff, representing a short stay in the lower reaches of the Prem, are the highlights of his long career? It’s obviously because the whole football world has got it wrong. So, narcissist. Let me keep going.

Blind! Mo dived? Are you kidding me. He had a massive grock all over him, man-handling him, both hands all over him, wrapped around him, unbroken contact, for the best part of ten seconds.

Press conference - they’re a very good team aren’t they? This is the part designed to lull you in. He makes what sounds like a nice comment before sticking the boot in. It’s the sort of thing an angry parent does, as they give a child a sweet while simultaneously squeezing their arm. It confuses the child, and deep down the child knows the person is a wrong ‘un.

Grudge holder. The whole Rafa business, he would let it lie!

There, I’ve said my piece on Warnock. Not a nice fella, at all.

I was watching him in his press conference and couldn’t decide if it was a bad wig, a bad hair transplant, or what. And all the skin where no hair grows, for miles around the ears - how many face lifts have you had, Colin? Should be drinking his Horlicks but desperate to stay relevant, desperate to mix it with the likes of Jurgen.

No mark.

Last edited: