Post Match: Cardiff v Liverpool (EPL 21/4/19 4pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

• Matip

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Robertson

• Wijnaldum [GOAL 55’]

Votes: 45 29.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Keita [off 70’]

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Salah

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Firmino

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Fabinho [on 70’, off 74’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Milner [on 74’, GOAL 80’]

• Gomez [on 86’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Having slept on it, there’s more I have to get off my chest about Warnock. Don’t like him!

There’s a certain type of fella who can come across as reasonable, avuncular, even gregarious in the right light. That’s Neil Warnock to the untrained eye. But you barely have to scratch the surface before you see the true man.

We should swap jobs for a week? Narcissist! He’s basically saying he’s as good as Jurgen, and he would prove it if he had our players. And he’s also suggesting that Jurgen might not do as good a job as him with his players. Warnock is deluded. He’s 70 odd years old. After all those years in football, you would think that someone by now would have given him a top job! Why is it that the likes of Cardiff, representing a short stay in the lower reaches of the Prem, are the highlights of his long career? It’s obviously because the whole football world has got it wrong. So, narcissist. Let me keep going.

Blind! Mo dived? Are you kidding me. He had a massive grock all over him, man-handling him, both hands all over him, wrapped around him, unbroken contact, for the best part of ten seconds.

Press conference - they’re a very good team aren’t they? This is the part designed to lull you in. He makes what sounds like a nice comment before sticking the boot in. It’s the sort of thing an angry parent does, as they give a child a sweet while simultaneously squeezing their arm. It confuses the child, and deep down the child knows the person is a wrong ‘un.

Grudge holder. The whole Rafa business, he would let it lie!

There, I’ve said my piece on Warnock. Not a nice fella, at all.

I was watching him in his press conference and couldn’t decide if it was a bad wig, a bad hair transplant, or what. And all the skin where no hair grows, for miles around the ears - how many face lifts have you had, Colin? Should be drinking his Horlicks but desperate to stay relevant, desperate to mix it with the likes of Jurgen.

No mark.
Agree with every word of this. I cannot understand those who think Warnock is some kind of lovable rogue. He's a bitter, vindictive, xenophobic anti-football cunt.

Swap places with Jurgen indeed. The suggestion here of course is that JK doesn't know what it's like to manage a team like Cardiff, apart from Mainz of course. Just waltzed into Liverpool with all these fantastic players around him. Neil probably thinks JK only has to stand on the touchline and practise his fist pumps for the final whistle. Piece of piss.

Warnock at Liverpool? I'm sure VVD, Allison and co would learn a lot about how to waste time, feign injury and maim opponents. And those Cardiff lads would give their left bollock to be coached by JK for a week. Breath of fresh air after working with that weasel.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
I do not know if this has been talked about yet, but some ideots on sm have said yesterday that our away fans sang a song about Cardiff's Dead Sala.

I've read it on blue moon as well. This is of course a lie and has never happened and was even checked again after Peter Moore intervened. Here is the apology from Caught Offside.

Twats

Last edited:

FGred

I do not know if this has been talked about yet, but some ideots on sm have said yesterday that our away fans sang a song about Cardiff's Dead Sala.

I've read it on blue moon as well. This is of course a lie and has never happened and was even checked again after Peter Moore intervened. Here is the apology from Caught Offside.

Twats

You are right they have apologised since as both sets of fans denied our supporters were saying bad things about Sala. Caught Offside are a right shower of shit they are constantly printing lies about our club, even after their apology they still left their vile claims up on their website

FGred

I have an extra reason for wanting to win something this season. My wife is also a fan and it looks like the Lung Cancer will ensure this is her last season. We will be cheering for United for the first time in our lives.
I am really sorry to hear that but I will pray for her to be able to enjoy LFC winning a trophy or two. We all will reluctantly cheer for them and I also hope they have some pride and at least have a go on Wednesday. All the best.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Narcissistic behaviour runs deep with old British managers, especially when they are faced with a foreign manager. Allardyce once said he could bring the same glory as others could if he’s managing Inter, Real or United. Hodgson slammed the media and fans when being questioned whether his method of handling the kids in our academy is the right one, to which he replied his methods translate from Malmo to god knows where for 35 years. Then you have Pardew who go out of his way trying to egg Wenger and our manager on. It’s not something new, they are all cut from the same damn cloth.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I found it dificult to name a player for motm yersterday. No one was really outstanding. The reason I voted for Matip was he had a decent game defensively and carried the ball well through our midfield. How I understand your post you gave your motm to another player. And I think that‘s ok. It all depends on the pov.
I‘ve got the feeling that some players have more credit by us fans than others. Players with less credit have to perform really outstanding to become motm. For other players a mediocre performance is enough to achieve that if there was no other outstanding
player.
Maybe I‘m wrong with my opinion, but that‘s what a forum is about.
I picked Wijnaldum because I liked his overall game, and then he got that lovely goal we needed so badly. But Matip was my second choice. My comment was more surprise that in a game where no one truly shone, and we dominated possession, any one defender would be singled out. That is doubly the case given the attention that VvD usually commands and the importance of the fullbacks to our overall play. I actually expected the votes to be fairly scattered - I thought Firmino had a brilliant game as well, really orchestrating the attack against that very structured Cardiff defence.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
You are right they have apologised since as both sets of fans denied our supporters were saying bad things about Sala. Caught Offside are a right shower of shit they are constantly printing lies about our club, even after their apology they still left their vile claims up on their website
If you’ve ever looked at their website, every single article is transparent clickbait.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Having slept on it, there’s more I have to get off my chest about Warnock. Don’t like him!

There’s a certain type of fella who can come across as reasonable, avuncular, even gregarious in the right light. That’s Neil Warnock to the untrained eye. But you barely have to scratch the surface before you see the true man.

We should swap jobs for a week? Narcissist! He’s basically saying he’s as good as Jurgen, and he would prove it if he had our players. And he’s also suggesting that Jurgen might not do as good a job as him with his players. Warnock is deluded. He’s 70 odd years old. After all those years in football, you would think that someone by now would have given him a top job! Why is it that the likes of Cardiff, representing a short stay in the lower reaches of the Prem, are the highlights of his long career? It’s obviously because the whole football world has got it wrong. So, narcissist. Let me keep going.

Blind! Mo dived? Are you kidding me. He had a massive grock all over him, man-handling him, both hands all over him, wrapped around him, unbroken contact, for the best part of ten seconds.

Press conference - they’re a very good team aren’t they? This is the part designed to lull you in. He makes what sounds like a nice comment before sticking the boot in. It’s the sort of thing an angry parent does, as they give a child a sweet while simultaneously squeezing their arm. It confuses the child, and deep down the child knows the person is a wrong ‘un.

Grudge holder. The whole Rafa business, he would let it lie!

There, I’ve said my piece on Warnock. Not a nice fella, at all.

I was watching him in his press conference and couldn’t decide if it was a bad wig, a bad hair transplant, or what. And all the skin where no hair grows, for miles around the ears - how many face lifts have you had, Colin? Should be drinking his Horlicks but desperate to stay relevant, desperate to mix it with the likes of Jurgen.

No mark.
I agree with everything in your post, you’ve explained it so much better than I could. I can’t understand why the media pander to the likes of Warnock, Allardyce and Pulis. Apart from save teams from relegation, what have any of them achieved as managers? And yet the media love them! They’ve become very wealthy by being rewarded for failure throughout their managerial careers, the result of the football managers merry go round. Get sacked, get paid off, get another job, then do it again! They’re masters at it.

Nur der BvB09

Twats

That apology is a disgrace in itself. Instead of blaming themself publicly for acusating inoncent Football fans no they give beleave the comments of 2 tweets from man City fans and are in my eyes = to the FUCKING S*N

Joe Gomez x

They can’t be Liverpool fans, they’ll be trolls from other clubs. If anything, Liverpool should be offering Milner another contract, or he’ll walk in June when his current one expires. We need him to stay, a fantastic roll model for the younger players.
They are all Egyptian, they are followers of Salah and nothing else. If Salah leaves they leave, happened with Roma aswell. The lads say stuff like ‘ you make me and mo sad’ ‘you don’t help the red team win’. Either they are Set 8 students who speak and think like spastics or plastic fans.

Joe Gomez x

I found it dificult to name a player for motm yersterday. No one was really outstanding. The reason I voted for Matip was he had a decent game defensively and carried the ball well through our midfield. How I understand your post you gave your motm to another player. And I think that‘s ok. It all depends on the pov.
I‘ve got the feeling that some players have more credit by us fans than others. Players with less credit have to perform really outstanding to become motm. For other players a mediocre performance is enough to achieve that if there was no other outstanding
player.
Maybe I‘m wrong with my opinion, but that‘s what a forum is about.
Agree with you there. Love Virgil but if the man plays decent, he’s getting MOTM but someone like Milner or Gini will have to score 2 minimum to get it. To be honest I do enjoy watching Liverpool defenders in general receiving MOTM awards as football stats don’t favour defenders

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Agree with you there. Love Virgil but if the man plays decent, he’s getting MOTM but someone like Milner or Gini will have to score 2 minimum to get it. To be honest I do enjoy watching Liverpool defenders in general receiving MOTM awards as football stats don’t favour defenders
There's also the flipside that we just become accustomed to Van Dijk's dominance and take it for granted.

We have the best defensive record in Europe whilst Van Dijk has a combined 9 goals and assists from centre back.

He's our best player, it's only logical he gets the most MOTM votes.

dockers_strike

I have an extra reason for wanting to win something this season. My wife is also a fan and it looks like the Lung Cancer will ensure this is her last season. We will be cheering for United for the first time in our lives.
Im not a religious person but, I will talk to the footballing gods tonight to ask that your wish comes true for her.

jredp

clean sheet again, 3 valuable points, Gini with a 'wow' shot, and we are on top again.
I guess there are people who see that as a 'softish ' pen, but Morrison had both arms locked around Salah and that is an absolute hindrance to his movement. Any other place on the pitch, that is a free kick, so as the rules go, in the box, that's a penalty. No discussion about it/end of !

Foldy

Cool as a cucumber coming out after half time, the focus and determination has been outstanding in this team this season. Warnock calling Salah a diver is like Rolf Harris calling out Jimmy Savile. A genital wart of the football world and with any luck his last season in the Prem.

Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend

We are staying close to Albert Docks.

Hardest thing to find in London is a good cup of coffee. Going to try Nero this morning as I haven’t had a cup since leaving home. Finally got the body clock switched over after a tough two days of adjusting (our 4yo son, especially. Caught a cold on the plane).
Where are you staying in London?
Nero's not bad, Pret a Manger has good coffee, extra shot but if you are close to borough market you can get great coffee the at the coffee company or any independent portuguese cafe.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Where are you staying in London?
Nero's not bad, Pret a Manger has good coffee, extra shot but if you are close to borough market you can get great coffee the at the coffee company or any independent portuguese cafe.
Just leaving. Spent first few days near Pimlico Station and last few near Russel Square. Grabbing a train from Euston to Manchester in an hour.

Loved my time in London. Great city and lovely people. Especially the pints, 4 days and didn’t have the same beer twice. Excellent ciders too

scouseheadross

Septical

Isn't it nice of Bob, helping the old man across the road.
Obviously much love for him in that group. Hope he sticks round for a bit yet. Chuffed as I thought he'd be a great signing for us but it wasn't until that amazing season at left back when he became a legend. Couple more quality years since then. Oh, and all the pressure penalties! Ledge.