Post match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 22/9/19 4.30pm)

Match of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 14’]

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 90 56.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • Henderson [off 83’]

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Salah [90+2’]

• Firmino [GOAL 30’]

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Mane [off 71’]

• Milner [on 71’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lallana [on 83’]

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Gomez [on 90+2]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Notasuperfan

We should have reshuffled the midfield earlier....Hendo was gassed and Gini wasn't even in the races at all. AOC and Milner would have made a difference. But what's the point of Lallana? He is finished as a top flight player. Afraid to go stuck in now, can't retain the damn ball in a scrap and still loses the ball so easily...

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Bloody good result. Beautiful first goal. Was a struggle second half and I'll be honest: I lost the feeling in my arms and legs with that late Chelsea header that just sailed wide. But we got what we needed. Thank goodness we only need to go to that shithole once a year.

Red Submarine

We've won the fucking lot.
God only knows what was going on in that last 30 minutes but I hope it doesn't happen again! Fucking awful. Still, 3 points and the shitsmears lost yet again so happy days. Also I'm on the beach in St Pete so fuck it Time for a frozen cocktail I think

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Game of two halves. Klopp should have changed it sooner but we held on. Matip was fantastic, Adrian is a real upgrade on Mignolet, I thought Fabinho was world class in the 1st half but faded in the second with everyone else.
It would be churlish not to expect Chelsea to make a game of it in the second half which they did. Lampard has plenty of quality players there so they were always going to have a go after the interval.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
For me it felt a very strange match. Tale of two halves, night and day difference. Chelsea youthful, pesty and riling, and weren't going away or lying down. Champions find a way even when it's not all clicking and our boys found a way to get it done. The officiating was very uneven too. A yellow for "time wasting" ? Really?

Matip far and away my MoTM. Absolute world class in the air and overall imperious in defense.

Werder4life

Got a bit interesting in the end. Great away win. The Napoli away showed towards the final minutes - massive drop in pace all around. Fortunately we got away with that. Who's next?

Matip my MOTM today - I'm truely amazed what a CB he has become under Kloppo at Liverpool. Was always considered a bit soft back in BL days - now brimming with confidence and has a shitload of steel now as well. I'm really happy for him.

Herb

Real battle in that second half. Just couldn’t keep hold of the ball. Could tell our front three and midfield was fatigued after the midweek game. Somewhat lucky to escape with a victory but who’s arsed. Thought Adrian and Matip were immense. Real shifts put in by Gini, Hendo and Robbo as well.

Now a nice, deserved rest for the main lads on Wednesday and hopefully they’ll be raring to go against Sheffield United Saturday lunchtime.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
We needed to sort out the management of the game when we are 2 up. We should have expected a response in the second half, and were unprepared. The midfield was bossed around in the last 30 minutes.

At the end of the day a fantastic 3 points, unbelievable result. Our competition will struggle going there.