Post match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 22/9/19 4.30pm)

Match of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 14’]

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 90 56.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • Henderson [off 83’]

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Salah [90+2’]

• Firmino [GOAL 30’]

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Mane [off 71’]

• Milner [on 71’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lallana [on 83’]

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Gomez [on 90+2]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Defence carried the day. Decent first half, awful second. We looked dead on our feet in the last half-hour.

Still, we got three points that's all that matters. Not to mention that we failed to win there last season on the way to accumulating 97 points.

So all in all, it can't be said that we deserved to win but that makes the win all the more sweeter. Plus, there probably was another VAR meltdown by the bluemoon cunts, which is an added bonus.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Voting for the first Gomez in the starting lineup, on the basis that it probably means Robertson. Adrian and Fab got my other votes.

Altogether a nervy one, but they're not mugs so to be expected really. Their defence kept our front three very quiet. Adrian with a couple of good saves, he's been a very able deputy for Alisson so far.

Onwards and upwards!

Flobs

FADA
We looked absolutely fucked on sixty.
I can not agree with that. At 60 mins it looked as if Chelsea were running out of steam. 7 minutes later it was a different story, Henderson was subbed off and we looked shagged or more to the point lazy and complacent (except Milner yet as usual when he comes on he looks too slow and is invariably late). Then I agree with Klopp Henderson looked shagged and so did Salah.
Wijnaldum other than 2 or 3 hold ups was never in the game and that was even more evident in the last 15 minutes.
What I noticed is we looked slow yet I don't think we were I think the pitch was fast in comparison to our previous 2 matches played on ploughed fields. It seemed we were in marshy bog mode and not fine wet pitch mode.
Anyway a good win with 2 brilliant goals (well 3 if you include Kanté's which was from nothing.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Tyler in the last 2 minutes, trying his absolute best to invoke the commentators curse through saying, I quote "they are going to be played 6 won 6, and they are going to be 15 straight premier league wins, and they are going to be 23 unbeaten in the premier league.

I am thrilled that the last year comparison spreadsheet will show improvement as far as results are concerned. Let's keep on seeing Green!

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Good god. They are really giving Frank plenty of airtime to talk about how unlucky they were and how it’s a long term project and how fans need to be patient and they have to get the players up to speed and....

That twat preaching patience and understanding after all the good managers him and his bessie have ousted is rich.

W00die

Ad-free Member
Just think, next season if the front 3 aren't firing properly we'll be able to bring on Mbappe!

We really need to try and maintain possession better when under pressure though. But who cares, another 3 points is what really matters & an away win against a 'top(?)' side is good.

RodM

As an aside, what was Trent booked for? I was distracted at the time trying to kill a couple of flies that were shagging on my telly.

Wilkored08

Because that's word for word what they used to say about us!
[/QUOTE
As an aside, what was Trent booked for? I was distracted at the time trying to kill a couple of flies that were shagging on my telly.
Time wasting at throw ins....plastic players ran to ref to complain...big kids telling tales in playground type complaining....f**"*grow up.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I was watching the whole match in bits. We looked fantastic the first half. TAA goal was magnificent. We were steam rolling Chelski in the first 45 minutes. The 2nd half was so flat, our boys looked tired after 60 minutes. Mo and Sadio were rather sluggish the whole match. I was expecting Frank's boys to come out fighting anyway. He has a young and inexperienced side who were not giving up right till the end.They are a very decent side.

Matip, Fabinho, Robbo and Adrian were exceptional today and got us our 3 points.
It was a hard fought match. We got the 3 points from a difficult opponent and hostile place, and that is all that matters
My old ticker was minutes away from the defibrillator!

My worry is that, our boys seem to look tired mentally and physically in the 2nd half in matches. Maybe Klopp needs to rest players and rotate abit more. Lallana's substitute was a strange one.

Anyhow, I am happy that we got this one in the bag.

Dimitriy

They tried to replicate the Napoli strategy... and It seems we agree who stood out on our part... I expected such a tough game, but didn't expect them to "run for their lives". "Eeasy goals" usually provoke this kind of opposition reaction. We could have, kill the game, early in the second half, but didn't, and maybe play a sort of tiki-taka and more horisontaly. However, they showed extreme tenacity and quick feet and kept vigil on Bobi...
PS. How do you think this N'golo Kante would fare in our team, such a machine...
All the best guys...TOP OF THE LEAGUE !!!

Last edited:

pass_and_move

TIA New Signing
God we had to scrap for that. But,come the end of the season, those 3 points could be vital. Not our best 2nd half and overrun at times, but we stuck at it. I'm giving VAR the man of the match.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I went for Adrian, Robbo and Joel as MOTMs.
I'm a bit concerned about how often dangerous crosses come in from Trent's side. I lost count of the number of times the ball went long over Trent's head to Alonso. Hence why Joel had such a stand out performance. It was necessary. The commentary team alluded to him being drawn in to cover the threat from Mount. Surely Trent is now experienced enough to tell a midfielder that he's covering two players (Alonso and Mount) and get some assistance.

Anyway, three points is all that matters. I'll take three points each game from now until May.

COYR YNWA