• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH discussion: Everton 2-2 Liverpool

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
I for one am very proud of this team which managed to win this game.

Well, Marriner decided otherwise, wrongly. There you have it. Again.

Take it on, lads and ladies. Did we deserve this win against a really strong Everton side or not? Up to you.

Wathik_LFC

TIA Youth Team
BULLSHIT!!!!! We have calls going against us all the time and now a disallowed goal. Sorry but this is just fucking SCANDALOUS!

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
Completely jaded with these bullshit decisions costing us points week in week out.

coughing

Where's Steve Finnan?
hope rodgers addresses this in the post match, heads held up high, coates was solid for me, and enrique is getting back to form

Wathik_LFC

TIA Youth Team
Also I like how david moyes talks about diving driving out fans yet his captain got carded for simulation, fucking hypocrite

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I'm sick of bellend officials.

I mean, when the fucking fuck are we going to get a decision.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Definitely onside. Fuck off, linesman.

Very good coaching by Rodgers to counter the problems Everton gave us in the first half. Great tactical dispositions, correct substitutions. Shows he can adapt and take a more pragmatic approach. Echoes of Rafa this.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Another reason to have a referee watching a tv. It's ridiculous they don't do it. What a crap dated sport.

Bionic

Same Sh!t, different ref(s)

Cant believe this keeps happening. Why not allow a team 2 replay decisions per match like they get in cricket, for when refs stuff up. FIFA, keeping football in the stone age it seems...

OhYaBeauty

Same Sh!t, different ref(s)

Cant believe this keeps happening. Why not allow a team 2 replay decisions per match like they get in cricket, for when refs stuff up. FIFA, keeping football in the stone age it seems...
Kills the flow of the game, for one. But surely something must be done.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
I'm sick of bellend officials.

I mean, when the fucking fuck are we going to get a decision.
We don't need a decsion to go our way just have the fucking refs call it right.

FlanagansEars

No real point in bitching and moaning about the disallowed goal. Decisions go against us every single match. It's the way of the world apparently. We didn't deserve to win the game as it was anyway.

Decent substitutions by Rogers who recognised his mistake. Suso and Sahin shouldn;t have started the game, and it showed in the last half hour of the first half as we were absolutely bossed.

The Suarez celebration was absolutely brilliant. Hope Rogers mentions Neville's card for diving in the post match interview.

Blitzkrieg

Anfield/Sydney/Orange County
Rodgers' halftime changes saved the game for us. We were getting murdered in the first half. Well, that and Mirallas getting injured.

And then we're robbed of the win by a horrendous linesman's decision.

Enrique was my MOTM. Composed on the ball, kept Coleman quiet, set Sterling free a few times as well. Honourable mentions to Suarez (apart from the shocking stomp on Distin), Skrtel and Sterling.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I wasn't just the goal. It was the officials falling for all Evertons dirty tricks all afternoon. Persistent fouling, simulation, and gamesmanship and they let them get away with it.

GratefulRed

TIA Reserve Team
Ad-free Member
Well done to the lads out there today, they won the derby fair and square. It wasn't all pretty but they scored three legit goals and kept the physical fowards of Everton at bay enough to only concede two. I thought Enrique was bad on the second goal but overall good effort from the entire team. Three great goals from Suarez, just a shame the Assistant Referee felt like cocking up the last one.