POST MATCH discussion: Everton 2-2 Liverpool

Tokyo_Red

TIA New Signing
BR learned huge lessons today and honestly I thought sterling was going to do a Messi at the death. I think BR is the man for us. I really do now. He learned so quickly and had we held our nerve in the first half we'd have won that. Good performance and we are unbeaten in 4! Let's keep rolling.

Bonnar-Of-The-Kop

Keeping It Simple
Well that was a bit crazy. Would have taken the draw pre-match but to have all 3 points slip away on a incorrect offside call, leaves a bitter taste.

Negatives: Awful defending for the 2nd goal, allowed Everton too much space on the flanks and didn't create that many chances (although with it being a derby, it was to be expected).

Positives: Should have taken 3 points against a very good Everton side, youngsters coped well with the derby, team showed some grit and we were argueably the better team.

All in all, decent game overall and apart from being robbed at the end you can't argue that much with result.

boogieonalice

TIA Regular
center ref was fantastic all day i thought... consistent if anything.
All i can guess is that either the linesman incorrectly called offside, or if he thought coates climbed up over to win the header...

thought i heard macca suggest that dowd, the 4th official, had said something to the ref in the earpiece. W
hen suarez celebrated in front of moyes i saw dowd shaking his head all upset... do i smell conspiracy from one of the worst officials in the league!?!?!?

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I couldn't watch the second half but from the changes he made it looked like he did what we needed to do, not seen the goal at the end so can't comment, before hand a draw, maybe a nicked win is what I would have expected, glad we've stopped the rot regardless still questions at the back, however the punch by Jones let them back into it, I think if we could have kept solid for 5 minutes or gone in at half time in the lead we would have won.

Still playing our strong side in midweek in no way backfired in my view on the result, as it sounds like we were better second half, so that can be put to bed.

Gears

TIA Regular
Let's talk about the facts here.

Suarez was onside.
The linesman called this offside.
The referee was forced to trust his decision.

At what point are we going to rely on instant replays to determine tight calls like this. The fact remains that the "human element" gets it wrong despite having 4 officials on the pitch!

You may say the referees are bribed, but if you take a picture of the onside play and shove it in their face, they won't be able to make any bad decisions. Bribery exists in the FA at the very top end and this has been proven.

Introduce instant replays, this way we won't be able to tell who is making bad decisions due to pressure versus bad decisions due to lack of visibility.

Getting ridiculous really the amount of cock ups the refs make against us. Every point matters and yet during the course of the season the officials end up being responsible for taking around 10 points away from us.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I am literally fuming, I celebrated that goal like we had just won the Champions League Final, come back in the room, its still 2-2, WHAT THE FUCK!! I'm raging!

IrieLion

TIA Squad Member
same shit different match. refs are a joke as usual. FA is worth F all because they will never admit this. Wisdom looked shaky but a little better after the half and mirallas went off. midfield boys shoulda tracked back to help him. Bitters can sing all they want about suarez, it was their player who looked daft by diving, and suarez pretty much scored a hat trick today. maybe, just maybe someday we will get linesman who understand the offside rule. MAYBE.

La_Triade

TIA Youth Team
Bah. Unbelivable.

But a good performance, i like the attitude of the likes of Sterling and Wisdom. Also Jonjo was very good.

Take it away lads, finally we are an effective team, we are a threat in front of the goal and we play some nice football. I'm satisfied, i've not been in years.

Anthony

Obviously gutted by the linesman decision

The game was great; Suso, Sterling and Wisdom will gain so much from this game
Great management from Rogers at the 1/2
We keep growing as a team and I think will be really competitve every game going forward

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
Which of you gits slept with Lady Luck, wearing a Red Shirt and didn't call her the next day?

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I wasn't just the goal. It was the officials falling for all Evertons dirty tricks all afternoon. Persistent fouling, simulation, and gamesmanship and they let them get away with it.
Simulation, from Everton??? Never, its stuff like that that makes Moyes fall out of love with the game!

Gears

TIA Regular
Definitely onside. Fuck off, linesman.

Very good coaching by Rodgers to counter the problems Everton gave us in the first half. Great tactical dispositions, correct substitutions. Shows he can adapt and take a more pragmatic approach. Echoes of Rafa this.
Another echo of rafa is how Rodgers didn't understand that games like this are not won on gameplans. It's too passionate and physical.

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
Rodgers' halftime changes saved the game for us. We were getting murdered in the first half. Well, that and Mirallas getting injured.

And then we're robbed of the win by a horrendous linesman's decision.

Enrique was my MOTM. Composed on the ball, kept Coleman quiet, set Sterling free a few times as well. Honourable mentions to Suarez (apart from the shocking stomp on Distin), Skrtel and Sterling.
Thought Enrique was mediocre at best. Definitely at fault for the Naismith goal, had one good ball to send Sterling in, but overall, gave the ball away too much and defended poorly.

rab

Shelvey should have started as Sahin was bullied out the game.

Sterlings decision making was poor but great to see some fight in a player so young.

Not enough pressure on the ball in wide areas meaning they could pepper the box with crosses.

How Fellani doesn't get sent off every week is a mystery, he could have had half a dozen yellows in that game.

However you'd take that result given the pressure we were under after they equalised and great to see Rodgers be able to change things when needed. Shocking decision again at the end has a huge negative bearing on the result for us, must be three or four of those we've seen so far this season. Disheartening to loose from being 2-0 up especially with the ruled out goal at the end.

Lets hope Phil Nevilles dive gets plenty of press and for those idiots that seem to be able to get away with throwing coins at almost every derby at Goodison.

Also Suarez celebration was class, would love to know what Moyes came off the bench to say to him.

Archer

TIA First Team
watched skysports analysis - the linesman didnt put his flag up until asked to by a blue shirt, and its too long after coates jump to be for a foul

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I'm sick of bellend officials.

I mean, when the fucking fuck are we going to get a decision.
I've already given up any hope regarding decisions from refs, mate. I'm afraid being at the hard end of ref decisions has rapidly become part and parcel of being LFC these days...

Blitzkrieg

Anfield/Sydney/Orange County
Thought Enrique was mediocre at best. Definitely at fault for the Naismith goal, had one good ball to send Sterling in, but overall, have the ball away too much and defended poorly.
Have to agree to disagree on that. I thought he was assured on the ball, and handled Coleman with ease.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Getting ridiculous really the amount of cock ups the refs make against us. Every point matters and yet during the course of the season the officials end up being responsible for taking around 10 points away from us.
They gave the games to WBA and scum plus took 2 points from us today. We should be 5 points more at the least. This does not even out at the end of the year no way.

boogieonalice

TIA Regular
well, in terms of PR, we really came out on top today; suarez having a great game, and his fowler-esque celebration will be talked about for years. Great karma. On top of it, the only player diving was in blue. Everton looked to complain to the ref for every single thing, Howard even coming out of the goal at times to push for cards. They looked like a bunch of sissy girls tattling. And to cap it all off, fans throwing missiles at suarez, and a famous winner chalked off without reason.

OhYaBeauty

watched skysports analysis - the linesman didnt put his flag up until asked to by a blue shirt, and its too long after coates jump to be for a foul
If that's true its the most diabolical, evil twisted shit the world has seen in a decade

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
well done to the PROFETIONAL officials again if we made as many mistakes as these guy,s do we would be out of a job.
there is certain times in the game were players need to lift there heads and see a pass had so many optitunities to play players in with acres of space but decide to carry the ball on another few yards with to many touches .

Blitzkrieg

Anfield/Sydney/Orange County
well, in terms of PR, we really came out on top today; suarez having a great game, and his fowler-esque celebration will be talked about for years. Great karma. On top of it, the only player diving was in blue. Everton looked to complain to the ref for every single thing, Howard even coming out of the goal at times to push for cards. They looked like a bunch of sissy girls tattling. And to cap it all off, fans throwing missiles at suarez, and a famous winner chalked off without reason.
I doubt it.

Even in the post match wrap here on Australian TV, the commentator said it was justice in a way that Suarez's winner was ruled out, because he shouldn't have been on the pitch after his stomp on Distin.