POST MATCH discussion: Everton 2-2 Liverpool

IrieLion

TIA Squad Member
ill predict this: neville dive gets NO PRESS time. NONE. instead it will be about everton's fighting spirit to come back from 2 goals down, and how they bossed the game, and how they should have won if jelavic finishes that header in the 2nd half.. bla bla bla. you heard it here first :angry:

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Spot on from Neville again.

The linesman has completely shat his pants.

There is a shocking length of time between Suarez scoring and the linesman flagging. He only puts his flag up in response to Osman looking at him, and basically telling him to flag offside.

Decisions like this need explaining, acting on and apologising for.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
well, in terms of PR, we really came out on top today; suarez having a great game, and his fowler-esque celebration will be talked about for years. Great karma. On top of it, the only player diving was in blue. Everton looked to complain to the ref for every single thing, Howard even coming out of the goal at times to push for cards. They looked like a bunch of sissy girls tattling. And to cap it all off, fans throwing missiles at suarez, and a famous winner chalked off without reason.
And the media wont talk about any of that. What a load of shit.

Gears

TIA Regular
We don't need a decsion to go our way just have the fucking refs call it right.
I like this approach better.

The sooner we change our attitude from 'There's a conspiracy against us' to 'Let's make things more efficient/transparent', the better the refereeing standards will become.

Do smaller teams get favorable decisions their way? I never hear about a conspiracy from them.

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
People say these bad decisions from refs/linesmen even themselves out over the course of a season.

If so when the fuck are we going to get some calls going our way? I'm not even asking for the wrong decisions to be called in our favour. All i want is for the correct calls to be made as at the minute many decisions that should be in our favour are going against us.

This isn't over the course of a game or so. It's been all fucking season long and shows no sign of stopping.

If once is a mistake and twice is a pisstake then at what stage are we at now?

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
As for comments on Suarez dive in front of Moyes, one of the commentators on Sky said it was outline of line, but the other guy said it was all part of the kidology and Moyes got what he deserved, the latter was spot on.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
well, in terms of PR, we really came out on top today; suarez having a great game, and his fowler-esque celebration will be talked about for years. Great karma. On top of it, the only player diving was in blue. Everton looked to complain to the ref for every single thing, Howard even coming out of the goal at times to push for cards. They looked like a bunch of sissy girls tattling. And to cap it all off, fans throwing missiles at suarez, and a famous winner chalked off without reason.
Pretty much this.

Everton's players dived, kicked our players on the floor, made cynical tackles, shirt pulled, exaggerated pain and tried to get our players booked and sent off.

They still needed a perfectly legitimate goal to be disallowed to snatch a point.

Pathetic hypocrisy from that sour faced, dour, miserable freak and his team of shithouses.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
I'd have settled for a point before the game but now it feels like we somehow blew three.

It seems to me that whenever the opposition decides to have a go at us and not just sit back and let us play possession football, the pressing game just goes sideways and we end up by having a general scrap in midfield and allowing them to start dictating the game as of old because we've no enforcer (Lucas) in play; we just seem to fold under any pressure that's applied to us and revert to type by going long and just surrender possession cheaply. No discipline is shown and headless chickens abound.

BrianLfc10

TIA New Signing
No way was it for Coates climbimg. The ref didn't give it, the assistant did and it was hell late for an offside call.

Absolute JOKE.

Tokyo_Red

TIA New Signing
Another echo of rafa is how Rodgers didn't understand that games like this are not won on gameplans. It's too passionate and physical.
And yet he switched the team into a 3-5-2 and brought the more tough tackling more passionate Shelvey which was instrumental in turning the game into one we could win.

He simply trusted the team that has won 3 out of the last 4 and when that went wrong he had the balls to make changes.

steve10

TIA New Signing
The linesman bottled the decision. Replays clearly show him onside. As usual we are getting screwed by refs. Saying that we did not play very well - Everton has plenty of chances. We have a serious problem in midfield with no DM. Suso and Sahin were shoved off the ball very easily. Wisdom had one of his worst games but he wasnt getting any help from his colleagues. Young Sterling needs a break- that was the worst game I have seen him play. Suarez had a very good game and was unlucky not to have the winning goal.

I doubt it.

Even in the post match wrap here on Australian TV, the commentator said it was justice in a way that Suarez's winner was ruled out, because he shouldn't have been on the pitch after his stomp on Distin.
The Australian commentators are absolute bellends. There is no way that was a red card. For one it was not intentional and for another Huth's stamp on Suarez was much worse.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Right, every post on here mentions the disallowed goal. It was a terrible decision but, nobody has thanked BR for changing the formation and saving the players face with the fact that we let a two goal lead slip.

Didn't see game, just using twitter.

It seems that we are forgetting that we were two goals up and let it slip.

Chin up lads.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
I'm furious. Yes, at the referee for letting it turn into a kicking match. Yes, at the linesman for not awarding a clear goal. But you know what? I'm particularly pissed off at our players.

For a team which is supposed to be dominating and winning games through possession, we showed absolutely zero control or patience. Time after time our players were looking for the long ball up to Luis/Raheem, looking for the killer ball, trying to force the issue. That is completely unacceptable. Most of the time those balls are not going to be on. You must be able to show the patience in your play to realise the attack isn't going to lead to a good opportunity and then cycle the ball back to your deepest midfielder and start again. Sometimes you need to do that for 60 minutes before the chance comes, hell maybe even sometimes you have to do it for 80 minutes before the chance comes. But the point is that you maintain control of the game and ball at all times and dictate the terms on which the game will be played: your terms. That is how you kill games.

We were dictated to by Everton today, and that pisses me right off. I'm sure I'll be told "it's a derby!", but that's bullshit. This glorified Stoke can be passed to death just like any other team. We could have stayed above the fray, looked for the simple balls for 30, 40, 50 minutes and make them frustrated. They would have been chasing the ball and in all likelihood picking up cards. That kind of game-chasing is not sustainable, and that's why we ultimately win games that we control. Everton controlled the game today and we let them do it. Going to the 5-3-2/3-5-2 was an interesting move, but still our midfield let the game pass them by. The occasion completely got to our heads and we drew because of it.

I understand that we don't have our first choice keeper, DM, and fullbacks. But by now every player at this club should be able to pass and move over short distances and in traffic. I would rather watch the ball get pinged around midfield in 5 yard passes than watch us continually lob the ball up top for Everton to bring it back to us. It's simply not smart.

I'm hoping that Sterling is given time on the bench to get a breather from the game. I think Assaidi has done enough to merit a starting place and Raheem is getting beaten up every week. I'd also like to see Henderson and Shelvey starting games, as they've both been immense when called upon. Gerrard is still a major culprit in not having the patience to build play slowly. Up top or the bench for him would be a bold move. Other than that we need our midfield to step up and kill games.

Absolutely livid right now.

Schudelfufli

Banned Users
We were bad after the first 20, forgot everything we learned and showed no patience....but that call is a monumental fucking diagrace. Unacceptable is putting it most tamely.

Blitzkrieg

Anfield/Sydney/Orange County
The Australian commentators are absolute bellends. There is no way that was a red card. For one it was not intentional and for another Huth's stamp on Suarez was much worse.
Not saying I agree with them, mate, just saying I highly doubt Suarez or Liverpool get any positive PR out of that game.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Gutted that the goal was disallowed at the end.

Thought we were quite poor today however. Didn't control the game at all. Was not played in the way that BR wants us to play. I think Enrique was quite poor at times today. Johnson was missed dearly.

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
Have to agree to disagree on that. I thought he was assured on the ball, and handled Coleman with ease.
Fair enough, but Coleman is their right back and he should be able to have him in his pocket any day. He did grow into the game, but he was asleep at times.

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
Only saw the second half.
Sterling shows he stills needs to mature as a player, but it would be harsh being critical of him.He will learn.
So does Shelvey.He is turning into the new Steven and though that's wonderful, at times he needs to keep things simple.

For all the talk about us having divers and cheats, it was nice to see Everton cribbing and falling over.Also it was brave of them to man handle Sterling, a lot of times.

Jones has had few good matches, but he showed today why Reina is of a different class.DISTRIBUTION.It was abysmal of Jones, kicking forward, hopeful balls or finding Everton heads.Sterling and Suarez were playing on the shoulders of the last defenders, and I bet if Reina was there he would have put in better balls.
Not being harsh on Jones.I think he has done a good job, but his distribution today hurt the side.

Gears

TIA Regular
Another reason to have a referee watching a tv. It's ridiculous they don't do it. What a crap dated sport.
Someone tell me what the 4th official does all game?

The sad part is that there are some purists out there who are from the olden age, don't want the replay feature because it takes the human element out of the game. Is there something wrong with a human making a decision based on replay footage? It took a mere 10 seconds. The same amount of time it takes to celebrate a goal and run back to the half way line.

Blitzkrieg

Anfield/Sydney/Orange County
Side note: I thought Allen was absolutely anonymous. Couldn't handle the physicality of a derby.

Nismo9

TIA Youth Team
First of all fair dues to the team. Second of all, fuck the FA and their wankstain officials. At first it was mildly annoying but now its just downright disgusting. Decision after decision. Get a fucking grip honestly.

Gears

TIA Regular
I'm furious. Yes, at the referee for letting it turn into a kicking match. Yes, at the linesman for not awarding a clear goal. But you know what? I'm particularly pissed off at our players.

For a team which is supposed to be dominating and winning games through possession, we showed absolutely zero control or patience. Time after time our players were looking for the long ball up to Luis/Raheem, looking for the killer ball, trying to force the issue. That is completely unacceptable. Most of the time those balls are not going to be on. You must be able to show the patience in your play to realise the attack isn't going to lead to a good opportunity and then cycle the ball back to your deepest midfielder and start again. Sometimes you need to do that for 60 minutes before the chance comes, hell maybe even sometimes you have to do it for 80 minutes before the chance comes. But the point is that you maintain control of the game and ball at all times and dictate the terms on which the game will be played: your terms. That is how you kill games.

We were dictated to by Everton today, and that pisses me right off. I'm sure I'll be told "it's a derby!", but that's bullshit. This glorified Stoke can be passed to death just like any other team. We could have stayed above the fray, looked for the simple balls for 30, 40, 50 minutes and make them frustrated. They would have been chasing the ball and in all likelihood picking up cards. That kind of game-chasing is not sustainable, and that's why we ultimately win games that we control. Everton controlled the game today and we let them do it. Going to the 5-3-2/3-5-2 was an interesting move, but still our midfield let the game pass them by. The occasion completely got to our heads and we drew because of it.

I understand that we don't have our first choice keeper, DM, and fullbacks. But by now every player at this club should be able to pass and move over short distances and in traffic. I would rather watch the ball get pinged around midfield in 5 yard passes than watch us continually lob the ball up top for Everton to bring it back to us. It's simply not smart.

I'm hoping that Sterling is given time on the bench to get a breather from the game. I think Assaidi has done enough to merit a starting place and Raheem is getting beaten up every week. I'd also like to see Henderson and Shelvey starting games, as they've both been immense when called upon. Gerrard is still a major culprit in not having the patience to build play slowly. Up top or the bench for him would be a bold move. Other than that we need our midfield to step up and kill games.

Absolutely livid right now.
Would you still be livid if we won the game? Because we only drew this because of a bad judgement call and poor defending.

We still scored two goals. Jones wasn't at fault for conceding.

Rambler

Second is one step away from triumph.
I have to say I thought the referee had a very good game & kept a lid on things. Luis was lucky with the stamp & i get weary of all the conspiracy stuff. The linesman probably made a bad call but having raised his flag Marriner had no option but to disallow it.

TassieRed

TIA Regular
It's amazing how we're all focusing on how we were robbed at the end eh?

We were, but that's not the point. We had other chances to bury the game and totally cocked it up. Sterlings one on one with Howard in the second half was just one example.

We seem to be hard done by by the officials because we fail to lock games up when given the opportunity. We need to rise to the level whereby poor decisions against us are infuriating but not game deciding. Officials fuck decisions up week in week out. It's nothing new.

Despite the fact that we were robbed at the end I thought the end result was a fair one. I'm not sure we did enough to win it. But neither did they.

Second half was much better. Let's face it, Sahin was sent to us by Mourinho to toughen up. I'm sure the kid got taught a thing or two today. Wisdom was weak but he's only young so more experienced gained there. Enrique was creative but was at fault for their second. Not match fit obviously.

Having said all that, pretty gutted that Suarez didn't have the last laugh today. Just to shove it right up Gollums arse.

hoosierred

Coverage in the US is focused on the wrong offside call. And they loved Suarez' goal celebration. No mention of Neville flopping all over the field though.