• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post-Match discussion: Liverpool 1 - 0 QPR

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
First win in the last league game since the 08-09 season.

Good omen for next? Hopefully.

Match stats:

Shots on goal LFC 27 - 10 QPR

Shots on target LFC 20 - 3 QPR

Possession LFC 54% - 46% QPR

Corners LFC 14 - 0 QPR

Fouls LFC 7 - 3 QPR

Reactions: ptt

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I'm delighted we got the win for Carra, it's his day. Feeling optimistic for next year, we have a real gem in Coutinho!

I am just watching all the after match stuff on LFCTV, tune in if you can, they are going to be interviewing Carra!

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
i was wondering despite our many goal attempts, we only managed to score one? why???

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Hope in your heart said:
First win in the last league game since the 08-09 season.

Good omen for next? Hopefully.
Not so mate, 09/10 is a season we do not really want to remember and some says it is the season that started our downfall. ;-)

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Decent performance against a poor QPR side. Sad to see Jamie call it a day even though we knew it was coming. We can never thank him enough for his commitment and loyalty over the years. Shame he never played in a title winning side but he leaves a wealthy man.

Best thing Brendan has done this season was buy Coutinho for a song. Top marks there Brendan, lets have another three like that this summer please mate.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
lfc.eddie said:
Not so mate, 09/10 is a season we do not really want to remember and some says it is the season that started our downfall. ;-)
Yeah was thinking about it, that's why I added 'hopefully'. :)

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
charleslee89 said:
i was wondering despite our many goal attempts, we only managed to score one? why???
Bad finishing. If the finishing had been good we'd have scored more goals.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
EdWood said:
I would disagree. There were loads of chances, but it wasn't really all clear cut chances. We had loads of shot outside the box too, and most were cut backs with a lot of defenders throwing their bodies to block. You may also argue that the first "miss" is actually a goal, instead of just part of a shot on target stats.

We played with a lot of fluid movement, but failed in the final 3rd. Picked out wrong passes and blindly take a shot. If it wasn't for Coutinho, we would not be able to create as much as well. Most danger moments come from him. He is probably the most positive sign we could look forward to next season.

That shot from Carragher, if only it went in, it would have been the best farewell gift one can ever receive. Especially for Carragher who hardly scores.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
23 Carra = LEGEND.

Some decent individual performances, Glen covered some ground today and was always a threat going forward. Enrique complimented Glen on the opposite flank.

Coutinho was outstanding and has a very intimate following it seems! Scored a beauty!
Carra hit the post - such an injustice!

Ibe impressed and did himself proud. Looking forward to seeing more of him next season.

Lucas played well. Hendo OK. Downing OK. Sturridge was subdued today, never really got into the game. Borini did well in his brief appearance.

23 CARRA = LEGEND!!!

python.failure

AnfieldCat said:
I'm delighted we got the win for Carra, it's his day. Feeling optimistic for next year, we have a real gem in Coutinho!
Mmmhhh.... we should be very careful with our hopes, look at what some SAINTS are posting in their forums:

Next season: Saints best ever chance to win the Premier League?

With Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Everton and maybe Arsenal* and Spurs** all starting next seasons with new managers, they are likely to all go through a season of transition. Is this Saints chance to seize the opportunity?

No, I am not making it up. It's here.

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
well thank you Carra... thank you for those memories and for being there.

just awaiting next season....
anyone got links of the highlights... didnt see the disallowed goal!

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Good game to watch just to see Carras last game. Coutinho played well as usual but i don't even want to talk about the game, just Carra. The channel i watched it on showed his presentation of the number 23 at the end with him walking around clapping the fans. My channel cut off as he walked over to the fans behind the goal to sign autographs, nothing else needs to be said about the guy really. True legend, will miss hearing his screaming next year.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Nice send off for Carragher. Glad it was a clean sheet for him - that was always close to his heart.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
charleslee89 said:
Oh just pipe down for one day please... This match was about winning, Jamie Carragher and making sure he got a good send off that's all that matters

Glad he got a clean sheet too, may I remind all that again we won without 3 of our best players in Suarez, Agger and Gerrard.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Was in tears...Thats why i fucking love this club. The YNWA in the end gave me goosebumps. Good season lads, we did well. Now lets build on this.
YNWA

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
mattyhurst said:
Oh just pipe down for one day please... This match was about winning, Jamie Carragher and making sure he got a good send off that's all that matters

Glad he got a clean sheet too, may I remind all that again we won without 3 of our best players in Suarez, Agger and Gerrard.
well, i understand that this is carra's last competitive game in a liverpool shirt and was a brilliant servant for the club...never mind about my questions

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
MarlboroMan said:

Future Star? Solid début I thought, exciting and unafraid. Quick but under control.
I agree. Good performance from Harriman.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
EdWood said:
well, it's not the finishing that is the problem..i think it's like what eddie said...the chances aren't clear cut.....so BR and his team have to start figuring out the creation problem and the defence problem which will be exacerbated by carra's departure as skrtel had some nervy moments in the game just now.....

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
charleslee89 said:
well, it's not the finishing that is the problem..i think it's like what eddie said...the chances aren't clear cut.....so BR and his team have to start figuring out the creation problem and the defence problem which will be exacerbated by carra's departure as skrtel had some nervy moments in the game just now.....
We were missing three of our best players, in the three areas you suggest are issues we already know that Liverpool are scouting heavily in that department. Skrtel it is thought by many will be off so regardless of his nervy moments he might not be having another in a Liverpool shirt.

Key for us is that we get those players quickly and we are ready to go In July for Pre season, I'm very positive for the future, why? because I think Rodgers knows the issues, the youngsters coming through, the fact we
actually got to 60pts for the first time since Rafa left.

I'm not going micro analyse every bit of an end of season fairwell match as it is unlikely it will be replicated until the time Gerrard hangs up his boots.