• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Everton 0-0 Liverpool (EPL 3/3/19 4.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Matip

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 113 82.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 63’]

• Salah

• Mane [off 84’]

• Origi [off 63’]

• Milner [on 63’]

• Firmino [on 63’]

• Lallana [on 84’]

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

huwzie

TIA Regular
Well we didn’t lose. Derby matches are unpredictable. Yes we should win these games but Derby’s are lottery’s. That’s as positive as I can be lads and lasses. Very concerned about some of our key players hitting bad patches of form the same time. Starting to look threadbare on the bench. We need to get back to our form quickly.

Noo Noo

That wasn't good enough clearly.

I'll calm down and give some thought as to what was wrong today. Total lack of quality in the final third but also the full backs not offering anywhere near enough penetration going forward might be another reason.

need City to drop points now. Not happy about that

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Got what we deserved.
Poor performance.
Too many players are choosing the wrong time to be out of form.
Milner is playing like a past it veteran.
Klopps in game management was poor also. Bringing on garbage will only add to a rubbish performance.

Now we need to focus again. We can only keep as close as we can to city now and hope they slip up.

kwala

TIA Regular
We were poor. MO needs a rest, he's just not himself. He had the chances 1st half to change that game.

Milner was truly awful when he came on.

Long way to go more twists to come.

Danny_

Just waiting for the day these game raising cunts go down and it will happen sooner or later. They won their cup final today with their draw. Back to their mid table mediocrity after this. Today highlighted the problem we have - we don't have enough up front. Origi just isn't good enough to be a replacement when one of the front three go down and Lallana is always injured. We never really replaced Coutinho with sufficient quality. I have to wonder if we wouldn't be 7 points ahead in the table if we had just go Fekir or someone else of that quality last summer. Falling behind City might make us play more freely though - we'll see.

sms1986

"I don't see City winning all their matches. They will have a harder run-ins than us. We are only one point away. Anything can happen. Are you on of those who turned off the tele at Istanbul during half time?"

Ok, now. Attack was shit, having Firmino didn't help even a bit. Over hit crosses, picking wrong passes and laboured to pick these fuckwits apart. Well, our 2019 slump continues I guess.
It's almost like you're happy we dropped points or something. We get it, you're endlessly negative.

Bob8

TIA Youth Team
Don't want to get into the idiotic "why didn't
Klopp use the substitutions I would have used on fifa", but I think Keita and Shaq should be on the field when we try to get a winning goal.

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
On the one hand, Everton made it easy for us by playing so open.

On the other hand, their defenders bailed their dumb strategy out time and time again by limitless hustle.

On the one foot, we had concrete passing boots on.

On the other foot, when the passing did come off, the finishing was for shit.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Klopp got that wrong sub wise.
Why are seeing Lallana coming on in a must win game? Done nothing for 3 years.
Hendo was awful and should’ve come off as well.
Vvd Matip and Alisson were excellent. Rest were turd.
Out of our hands now.
We need city to slip up
Agree on your best 3 players

Toro

Florida Red
Congratulations to Everton for winning the World Cup. Their strategy of hoofing it far down the wings to win throw-ins was successful.

We were poor. We couldn't impose ourselves, our final touch was bad, and too many passes went astray.

VVD was absolute massive today.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I should stop (again) trying to predict those games.
Was totally way off the mark in 2/3 (Bayern and now this bitter lot).
But like eddie said, City will slip from time to time and we‘re going to punish them.
It’s not that city will slip up it means we have to be perfect. We’ve played well once in about 8 games.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Now any points dropped is game over for us.
This was a must win. And we fucked up real bad.
What a shit time for our front 3 go missing.
Sorry mate, but we fucked up against West Ham and United. We fucked up way before this match. Derby match isn't going to be pretty and it shows. Banking on it to get us through to win the title will be a massive bad judgement.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
They aren’t going another nine without dropping points. Let’s keep our heads on.
Agree with that. Problem is that I can't see us not dropping more points either mate. Been a shift mentally in this side since Dubai with a lot of stumbling about with the occasional performance like Watford. Mo has picked a helluva time to let his form completely fall off a cliff.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
This was always going to be tough, Everton were seriously fired up and didn't give us any time to settle, but it's another disappointing result and performance, Salah in particular was woeful.

Our attacking/ creative limitations are now being exposed and momentum is definitely with City now. Bottom line is we are a team still maturing and developing. It's not over, we can still do this.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Just way too many draws in the past 10 games, we have had plenty of chances to pull away from the pack, and have just not taken those chances. The race for the title will go to the last game. This is like a win to Everton.

As far as the game goes, just a combination of bad finishing or excellent last ditch defending. The passing was sometimes excellent, then absolute shit. The decision making of the forwards was extremely poor.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It's almost like you're happy we dropped points or something. We get it, you're endlessly negative.
Nope, it's just reality bites... and that's that. I am glad you're offended though because I know I am no super fan.

StevenAlonso

7 points lead to 1 point behind.. I told you guys better to be critical early on than to be sorry later on..Feeling so sad.. It pains. The only thing that made me happy after the year had begun having lost a family member and now even that is drifting apart.. Life and Football are cruel..

RIRed

Lack of quality on the bench is costing us dearly. Poor performance all around. Everybody looked tiered an not focused. However, even though we’re not in the driver seat there is still a lot to play for

carragold

TIA Youth Team
Salah can be really annoying when watching him play. Loses the ball a lot.

Redbelly

TIA Youth Team
Well, that sucks. Way too many loose passes and poor touches today. Some of the players seem mentally fatigued. Klopp really must not trust Keita. Once again, that game was crying out for someone with his ability to drive the ball forward.

Not gonna get too upset. Think this team is actually better chasing than leading, and City will drop points.

Oh, and I learn to hate Everton more with each passing derby.