Post Match: Everton 0-0 Liverpool (EPL 3/3/19 4.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Matip

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 113 82.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 63’]

• Salah

• Mane [off 84’]

• Origi [off 63’]

• Milner [on 63’]

• Firmino [on 63’]

• Lallana [on 84’]

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
That was a painful fucking read after a painful fucking weekend.

What is everyone losing their minds over, a draw to the Bitters? Going to watch it when I get home but reckon it’s a case of missed chances

Get used to it. We are Liverpool tralalalalala!!

santana

jose mourinho is a legend and sacked by man utd so sometimes it is not working and naby keita is the african pele but not shining with liverpool maybe due to him or club or klopp !
it happened

santana

klopp is the best but he play in safe mode , if you ask liverpool team to play without thinking of trophy just play for fun they will smash any team any time !

Retro Helix

klopp is the best but he play in safe mode , if you ask liverpool team to play without thinking of trophy just play for fun they will smash any team any time !
I like your positivity but pressure is a reality and if our team can't handle it then they will never be champions.

Elessar

I'm going on what I've seen over the last 30 odd years from when Ferguson first started bullying the FA, match officials, the media and anyone else who stood in his way.
But I accept you'll know more than me, given your age and close proximity to the English game over the same period.
Even a few referees admitted that they gave United penalties and sent opposition players off because they was afraid of Ferguson. Ferguson himself admitted that it was part of his tactic to destroy referees and make them afraid of him. Bullying was a part of his tactic according to the so called Sir.

Then we have the visiting in the referees dressing room after the first half in many games if you believe Rafa but maybe he lied but he isn't that type of man. It is cheating and should have been a long suspension for Ferguson and United should have been relegated if it is true.

United won many games thanks to cheating. That is a fact. Not according to me. According to a few referees.

donks

TIA First Team
As the dust has settled and my mood has somewhat cleared, I've brought myself around to actually posting in a controlled manner. There's a few points I took from Sunday's game and the title run in as a whole.

1. City wont win all their remaining games especially with injuries mounting up and fixture congestion in April, however in our current form we will struggle to win 7/9 games and that wont be enough for us to win the league.

2. The pressure is clearly getting to certain players, we had no composure in the final third when the big chances presented themselves and our final ball at times was miles off not even close to being executed. In the last 20 mins we reverted to long balls and showed no composure in the heat of the battle.

3. Klopp has lost his bottle on the line. His substitutions were never the best but lately they have negatively impacted the team. He showed no bravery or ambition with his subs and he seems to have retreated into a don't lose conservative shell.

4. It's time to take the shackles off and go for it now. This conservative style and team selection isn't going to win the title for us so we need to be brave and attack. Draws are killing us like they did in 08/09. If we had lost to United and beat Everton we would have one point more than we do now and the same with the Leicester/West Ham games. Go for games and make positive team selections and substitutions.

5. High Energy/Gegenpressing/Heavy Metal Football whatever you like to call it, we need it back now. There should be no fatigue issues for us and we need to use this to our advantage by playing a high energy and high tempo game.

We simply need to go on a run now of 4/5 straight wins and apply the pressure to City. If we can sneak back ahead after the next 5 games or even remain as we are now, we have a serious chance of winning it with our run in compared to theirs. Players and Management have to step up now and show more, the chance is there don't hide and go into a shell, go and grasp this opportunity.

sms1986

We definitely have to just go for it, second would be a massive improvement and a great success but winning the league for the first time in ages and getting back to where we belong - that would instantly make Klopp one of our legendary managers.

Phather Fil

Drrrrink!!!
We're in the best shape we've been in for years, we have the best manager we've had for years, we're in second place with 1 point in it. The Ox is imminent, hopefully giving us more teeth in midfield. If we can beat Tottenham & Chelsea at home, then I'm only worried about Newcastle away and Wolves on the last day at Anfield (less so than Newcastle away).
We can do this, and at worst we'll have lost out to arguably the best team/squad in Europe, who we led for most of the season, foiled by our own inconsistent form/warm weather training (we were sh*t after each holiday).
How many of us would have jumped at our position now at the start of the season? Heads up everyone! It's ours to take!!

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
We're in the best shape we've been in for years, we have the best manager we've had for years, we're in second place with 1 point in it. The Ox is imminent, hopefully giving us more teeth in midfield. If we can beat Tottenham & Chelsea at home, then I'm only worried about Newcastle away and Wolves on the last day at Anfield (less so than Newcastle away).
We can do this, and at worst we'll have lost out to arguably the best team/squad in Europe, who we led for most of the season, foiled by our own inconsistent form/warm weather training (we were sh*t after each holiday).
How many of us would have jumped at our position now at the start of the season? Heads up everyone! It's ours to take!!
I completely agree.

But just on the warm weather training. I’m no sports scientist, but I read that the point of going away somewhere warm is that you can do longer better quality sessions, because you are not constrained by the weather being shite.

Red over the water

Nine games left. Man City could win them all and then it’s irrelevant what we do, in terms of the title. It’s unlikely they will do that. Most likely is they drop points in one or two games, three would be a pleasant surprise and four no chance. What does it mean for us?

We need nine wins, or most likely, eight wins and a draw (assuming City drop points in two games) to win the title.

On the basis of recent form that looks beyond us. But football is a funny game. Maybe now we will regroup, dig in, and start to rack up a series of wins. We are well capable of that, and we need to if that title is going to come home. The main thing is to stay hot on their heels so if they do stumble, we take advantage. If we allow them to build up a 4 point cushion by the time their trickier fixtures come around, we would have been fools, as they will win with no pressure.

This hasn’t gone. Not by a long way. Time to roll up the sleeves and get to work.

Noo Noo

Nine games left. Man City could win them all and then it’s irrelevant what we do, in terms of the title. It’s unlikely they will do that. Most likely is they drop points in one or two games, three would be a pleasant surprise and four no chance. What does it mean for us?

We need nine wins, or most likely, eight wins and a draw (assuming City drop points in two games) to win the title.

On the basis of recent form that looks beyond us. But football is a funny game. Maybe now we will regroup, dig in, and start to rack up a series of wins. We are well capable of that, and we need to if that title is going to come home. The main thing is to stay hot on their heels so if they do stumble, we take advantage. If we allow them to build up a 4 point cushion by the time their trickier fixtures come around, we would have been fools, as they will win with no pressure.

This hasn’t gone. Not by a long way. Time to roll up the sleeves and get to work.
Kind of reluctant to post this as I think we should purely focus on ourselves. It goes against what I've been saying on here of late.

Anyway, here goes. City average 2.45 points per game this season. Based on that figure City could drop 5 (4.97) points in their remaining 9 games.

On average we would drop slightly more than that (5.28).

It is that close. Basically I think its a simple sprint from now on in. Never mind what has happened up to now. Its a straight run and City have a teeny advantage.

Dane

NEXT!
Amazing how many of our fans are indifferent to City's blatant cheating.
I dont think it's indifference, more so an acceptance that no matter how much you believe it and bang on about it, nothing will change.
So waste valuable emotional energy on it?

Elessar

I dont think it's indifference, more so an acceptance that no matter how much you believe it and bang on about it, nothing will change.
So waste valuable emotional energy on it?
Because if you put your head in the sand then you know for certain that nothing will change. It is a bit lazy IMO.

Clubs like Manchester C, Manchester U and PSG will continue to get away with it because we the supporters are to lazy to do something about it. We the supporters are the only ones that can do something about it because the FA, UEFA and FIFA will do shit all if we don't put pressure on them and protest week in week out.

sms1986

Because if you put your head in the sand then you know for certain that nothing will change. It is a bit lazy IMO.

Clubs like Manchester C, Manchester U and PSG will continue to get away with it because we the supporters are to lazy to do something about it. We the supporters are the only ones that can do something about it because the FA, UEFA and FIFA will do shit all if we don't put pressure on them and protest week in week out.
Are you or the likes of Jaffod trying to get protests started?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Personally I think there is a big difference between Ferguson using his influence and standing in the game to influence referees (something every club would do if they could) and the flagrant abuses of FFP and financial doping that City have engaged in.

Not really that arsed about the first. Really concerned about the latter.

I also think the way the big Spanish clubs use their compliant media to unsettle players and making a mockery of tapping up rules is of bigger concern than Ferguson.

Elessar

I started to do it before back in the Gillett and Hicks days. Almost no one listed to me because we had splashed out big money on Mascherano and Torres. Almost no one cared how we paid for them.

I want fair play and you won't get it by being lazy.

Dane

NEXT!

So who have you complained to?
Except us and your school mates?

Joking aside, I'm far more concerned about the blatant disregard our club has towards ticket touts.
They are complicit in these thieving cunts ripping off decent supporters.

Never hear anyone threatening a protest about that do we?

jaffod

Why should we have to? The evidence is out there and the authorities are aware of it. City appear bang to rights and not for the first time. Last time Infantino held secret meetings with City and PSG to discuss ways of smoothing things over. The whole game is corrupt from top to bottom.
If City win the league part of me hopes they win the fucking lot because maybe that's the only way the likes of the FA and UEFA will be arsed to do anything when it's clear they are making a mockery of it all.