Post Match: Everton 0-0 Liverpool (EPL 3/3/19 4.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Matip

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 113 82.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 63’]

• Salah

• Mane [off 84’]

• Origi [off 63’]

• Milner [on 63’]

• Firmino [on 63’]

• Lallana [on 84’]

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sms1986

Why should we have to? The evidence is out there and the authorities are aware of it. City appear bang to rights and not for the first time. Last time Infantino held secret meetings with City and PSG to discuss ways of smoothing things over. The whole game is corrupt from top to bottom.
If City win the league part of me hopes they win the fucking lot because maybe that's the only way the likes of the FA and UEFA will be arsed to do anything when it's clear they are making a mockery of it all.
I guess you don't agree that protests will help, then. What does going on about it on forums where you don't seem to be able to change anyone's mind do?

Limiescouse

Why should we have to? The evidence is out there and the authorities are aware of it. City appear bang to rights and not for the first time. Last time Infantino held secret meetings with City and PSG to discuss ways of smoothing things over. The whole game is corrupt from top to bottom.
If City win the league part of me hopes they win the fucking lot because maybe that's the only way the likes of the FA and UEFA will be arsed to do anything when it's clear they are making a mockery of it all.
If they were secret, how come they were widely reported on at the time?

jaffod

I guess you don't agree that protests will help, then. What does going on about it on forums where you don't seem to be able to change anyone's mind do?
I've got news for you mate, not everyone will agree with what you post on this forum. So why bother?

Dane

NEXT!
I've got news for you mate, not everyone will agree with what you post on this forum. So why bother?
Fair play to him though.
He is trying hard to contribute to every sub forum, and quote every one of your posts.

sms1986

That's obvious, my point is - if you're so bothered by the cheating, then why not do at least something constructive about it?

jaffod

I didn't know they were. Just makes it even more baffling why no action was taken. Who knows, maybe money had something to do with it.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
This thread is genuinely awful and filled with conspiracy theory rubbish. Every time I hit refresh, I half expect to see a post on 9/11 being an inside job and chemtrails.

sms1986

This thread is genuinely awful and filled with conspiracy theory rubbish. Every time I hit refresh, I half expect to see a post on 9/11 being an inside job and chemtrails.
Pepe Silvia is behind everything!

Wait a minute....PEPe Silvia?!:shocked:

Elessar

Because of football leaks. One man behind it, now jailed. Before they caught him he for example leaked info that caught players like Messi, Ronaldo and Xabi hiding money to avoid paying tax. He also leaked the info about the Ronaldo rape case.

Elessar

UEFA and FIFA had to take him down or they both would be finished. He was their biggest threat ever. He could have cost them many billions. He could have cost clubs like Man C and PSG many billions.

Limiescouse

I didn't know they were. Just makes it even more baffling why no action was taken. Who knows, maybe money had something to do with it.
Again, widely reported on at the time.

UEFA had an "oh fuck" moment when they realized that their legal footing was not as strong as they hoped and did not feel comfortable testing those waters against clubs as well resourced as City and PSG. Therefore, to help protect against the entire thing collapsing under a successful legal challenge, especially over an issue that the regulation was not primarily supposed to address, they brought in the architect of the regulation, Infantino, to help negotiate a settlement.

We have come to learn that maybe the basis of the negotiations of the settlement were not made in good faith or were based on doctored documents, but the actual settlement process was pretty transparent for an organization like UEFA.

jaffod

That's obvious, my point is - if you're so bothered by the cheating, then why not do at least something constructive about it?
Pepe Silvia is behind everything!

Wait a minute....PEPe Silvia?!:shocked:
I'll tell you what I find really, really odd. That you feel the need to post this sort of stuff in response to Liverpool fans who are basically just letting off steam on an issue that clearly isn't conspiracy theory nonsense or whatever you want to call it.
It seems pretty clear City have bent the rules and not for the first time so why try and belittle people venting their frustration about it? You might think myself and others are pissing into the wind, that's fine, but I don't get your motivation.
Very, very strange.

sms1986

I'll tell you what I find really, really odd. That you feel the need to post this sort of stuff in response to Liverpool fans who are basically just letting off steam on an issue that clearly isn't conspiracy theory nonsense or whatever you want to call it.
It seems pretty clear City have bent the rules and not for the first time so why try and belittle people venting their frustration about it? You might think myself and others are pissing into the wind, that's fine, but I don't get your motivation.
Very, very strange.
The first one was actually asking you a question seriously. The second one was just a silly response to another post.

You have valid reasons to be annoyed about the likes of City, I don't like it either - I just don't feel the need to post about it.

jaffod

The first one was actually asking you a question seriously. The second one was just a silly response to another post.

You have valid reasons to be annoyed about the likes of City, I don't like it either - I just don't feel the need to post about it.
But you'll spend half your day badgering people who do. Fucking mental that.

Limiescouse

Because of football leaks. One man behind it, now jailed. Before they caught him he for example leaked info that caught players like Messi, Ronaldo and Xabi hiding money to avoid paying tax. He also leaked the info about the Ronaldo rape case.
You have your timelines all wrong. City's settlement with UEFA was reached in 2014. Football leaks did not come out until after that and the relevance they have to the city story is based on the allegedly fraudulent basis for City's position in the settlement negotiations, not the fact that a settlement was pursued in the first place.

jaffod

It's a forum, people respond to posts.
So let me get this straight.

You actually agree with the jist of what I'm saying but don't feel the need to post anything in agreeance.

But you do feel the need to post stuff in an attempt to mock those who do.

Like I said, very strange.

sms1986

You actually agree with the jist of what I'm saying but don't feel the need to post anything in agreeance.

I'm sorry if you think it's mocking you, but my post was just a joke.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Knock it off please lads. Nobody wants to read your handbags.

RedForever2014

I find it bizarre that people actually think that bias, prejudice, cover ups and conspiracies (the definition of which is two or more parties colluding) doesn't go on.

I mean didn't LFC suffer one of the biggest cover ups of all in relation to 1989?

Taking a view that football authorities don't preside over fair and proper 'sport' is something that is valid and indeed worth shouting about.

Last edited:

sms1986

I find it bizarre that people actually think that bias, prejudice, cover ups and conspiracies (the definition of which is two or more parties colluding) doesn't go on.

I mean didn't LFC suffer one of the biggest cover ups of all in relation to 1989?

Taking a view that football authorities don't preside over fair and proper 'sport' is something that is valid and indeed worth shouting about.
Its not that such things don’t happen, its that not every decision/incident we/you don’t like is part of a conspiracy or due to corruption.

RedForever2014

Its not that such things don’t happen, its that not every decision/incident we/you don’t like is part of a conspiracy or due to corruption.
Clearly not every decision or incident is because if it, but beyond conspiracy and corruption, bias and prejudice plays a bigger role than people will acknowledge.

Take penalties, the hysteria in the media, emanating from their bias, about any penalty given to us, definitely subsequently influences referees.

This is not only because it plants seeds of doubt about the 'diving' of our players, but referees must subconsciously not want to be at the centre of the next media interrogation into whether a penalty awarded to us was one or not.

Phather Fil

Drrrrink!!!
I completely agree.

But just on the warm weather training. I’m no sports scientist, but I read that the point of going away somewhere warm is that you can do longer better quality sessions, because you are not constrained by the weather being shite.
Yeah, I believe it’s good for players with muscle injuries as well, although I would have thought that the Middle East would be way to hot for legging about. I’d have chosen somewhere more moderate... Southport or Morcombe.

Red over the water

My considered opinion on Man City:

Crooks! Very deep pockets, obviously, but using various inter-company channels to disguise cash flowing this way and that, and as for FFP, it is a great concept, but significantly undermined with Infantino playing the role of both poacher and gamekeeper.