Post Match: Everton 0-0 Liverpool (EPL 3/3/19 4.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Matip

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 113 82.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 63’]

• Salah

• Mane [off 84’]

• Origi [off 63’]

• Milner [on 63’]

• Firmino [on 63’]

• Lallana [on 84’]

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
Jaffod and Elessar...Id say most people agree with your overall sentiment towards City, just maybe not the cheating/conspiracy stuff.

City (PSG too) are are a horrible club, whose success has been built on the back of an organisation with a horrible human rights record. Id also argue they've built some of the their success in ways that aren't really in the spirit of the game. i.e endless oil money which has taken them from lower table mediocrity to one of the best sides in the world overnight, and a global club network that allows them to move money around. Unfortunately, the spirit of the game counts for fuck all. Whilst all this is not pleasant to your average football supporter, it is generally in compliance with the recently created Financial Fair Play (FFP), bar some minor breaches. For the most part, it is extremely clever circumvention. These kinks in the FFP model may be ironed out over the next few years, or maybe not...

With regards to the earlier Man United cheating discussion, I just cant see any reason or rational into that train of thought. For me, they were just brilliant on the field and psychological masters off it. Too bad the city sucks and their fans are knobends.

This is the last ill post on this issue. No hard feelings Jaffod and Elessar, we are all Redmen at the end of the day. YNWA.

jaffod

Jaffod and Elessar...Id say most people agree with your overall sentiment towards City, just maybe not the cheating/conspiracy stuff.

City (PSG too) are are a horrible club, whose success has been built on the back of an organisation with a horrible human rights record. Id also argue they've built some of the their success in ways that aren't really in the spirit of the game. i.e endless oil money which has taken them from lower table mediocrity to one of the best sides in the world overnight, and a global club network that allows them to move money around. Unfortunately, the spirit of the game counts for fuck all. Whilst all this is not pleasant to your average football supporter, it is generally in compliance with the recently created Financial Fair Play (FFP), bar some minor breaches. For the most part, it is extremely clever circumvention. These kinks in the FFP model may be ironed out over the next few years, or maybe not...

With regards to the earlier Man United cheating discussion, I just cant see any reason or rational into that train of thought. For me, they were just brilliant on the field and psychological masters off it. Too bad the city sucks and their fans are knobends.

This is the last ill post on this issue. No hard feelings Jaffod and Elessar, we are all Redmen at the end of the day. YNWA.
Fair do's mate but I still don't agree.

In City's case, having their owners pump millions into their coffers under the guise of sponsorship amounts to more than a minor breach of FFP.

As for United under Ferguson I don't think it's stretching it to suggest they regularly gained 10+ points a season due to referees shitting themselves at OT and elsewhere. It really was laughable what they got away with. Who knows how many times that made the diffference?

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
just opened this forum page and see a couple of posts about mourihno being a legend and the bullying tactics of purple nose ............terribly disappointed to see such shite on our forum. in my wonderful eyes, manure and anyone associated with that shite in particular purple nose should be obliterated from football. end of rant!

p.s.
there are many things in life that I dislike, but only very very few things I hate and that shite group is definitely one of them!
truly end of rant!

Dane

NEXT!
Fair do's mate but I still don't agree.

In City's case, having their owners pump millions into their coffers under the guise of sponsorship amounts to more than a minor breach of FFP.

As for United under Ferguson I don't think it's stretching it to suggest they regularly gained 10+ points a season due to referees shitting themselves at OT and elsewhere. It really was laughable what they got away with. Who knows how many times that made the diffference?
I'm nowhere near as old as you :J, so don't have personal memory, but were referees not intimidated in front of the Kop during our dominance?

Commando

I'm nowhere near as old as you :J, so don't have personal memory, but were referees not intimidated in front of the Kop during our dominance?
I'm not sure that it was the crowd at OT that worried refs. More the idea of a purple faced, steam coming out of his ears, Alex Ferguson (with threats of "you'll never referee here again") that persuaded them to favour Uniturd.