• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Everton 0-0 Liverpool (EPL 3/3/19 4.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Matip

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 113 82.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 63’]

• Salah

• Mane [off 84’]

• Origi [off 63’]

• Milner [on 63’]

• Firmino [on 63’]

• Lallana [on 84’]

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mikodelniko13

poor one from klopp.
henderson 90 min of which 80 of these min were useless running around . lala la for mane , milner for gini not one positive sub , all like for like and continuing a system which was clearly not working .
A midfield who cant play ball as the fabinho had two players surrounding him , full backs closed down by the wingers , clearly everton understanding that henderson free is no danger .
Again salah wasteful . Tactically we were not smart today

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
This place is going to get wild over the next week if not for the rest of the season.

I don't think we've handled teams looking to stifle us when theres the league pressure on top of it. The 3 forwards were poor, but there is no real advantage in making too much of it. They have to do better next time. Henderson was amazing in that first half but fell away in the second. Klopp's plea for Milner and Henderson to lift the team is a worry for me and what the captains are doing. The first sign for me that Virg should be captain. Not because I want to see the back of anyone but because he has proven to be the (ice cold) calm leader.

Virg should be the runaway winner of the MOTM here. Its not even close. Continually bailed out Robbo, Fab and Matip. Probably a few others. He's a level above everyone at the moment.

I can handle Mane making bad passes or decisions, but I can't handle him sitting offside from a deep VVD kick, or us winning possession in our front half and him not even jogging back to get onside (called offside again). I expect that from an old fashioned 80's CF but not from someone playing in a Klopp team.

All we can do is play the next one like we mean it. We didn't lose (which would make things very difficult). We probably need to take max points from here to win it.

Only positive is RedForever is going to have a use for the 700 boxes of tissues he bought on special on Amazon.

Last edited:

Barry O'Connor

I'll say what I fucking want after that utter bollox of a performance. If you disagree then move on. We were shite absolutely fucking hopeless. Our midfield again just like the last 3 years is so far below top 4 it's a joke. Henderson and Milner yeah City are shitting themselves. We have been shit since before Christmas and we were shit for most of August September October and November to but got away with it thanks to Vvd. I don't care if you don't believe me Its my opinion. Klopps subs are a fucking joke. Sturridge and lallana should not be on the bench you'd be better off with my fat arse sitting there. This league was there for us and we are blowing it. The Watford game is the odd one out the rest has been shit. And if anyone says you'd have took been 1 point behind at this point of the season I'll throttle the cunt.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
I have been a big supporter of Hendo and he didn't have a bad game and battles well. I just feel he is holding our game back. Hard to really say why I just think the balance in the midfield 3 is lost with both him and Fab on the pitch, its either one or the other especially in a midfield 3.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Only Utd will cause them problems.
Spurs look goosed
City have lost two more to injury this week (De Bruyne and Stones) and they're already suffering with Laporte and Fernandinho being out. It's not all about the opposition City will face. They are also still in the CL and FA Cup.

Palace and Spurs coul easily cause them problems. I'd actually go as far as saying they're more likely than United.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
At the end of the season only the winner is remembered.

People don't care about sugar daddies or petro dollars.

Only the winner matters
This. I wish people would stop with that embarrassing rhetoric. I'm tired of hearing about how we are competing against "oil money" and "Russian oligarchs" and "blood money". Grow the fuck up and stop using it as some cop out excuse. That's how the world works. Don't like it? Go back to participation trophy games.

Fullmetal

Jedi Knight
I think that this match and the one against manure, we felt the lack of a genuine playmaker like Coutinho.
I feel it's time to give Keita more playing time, bar Watford midfield has been atrocious lately.

sms1986

Nope, it's just reality bites... and that's that. I am glad you're offended though because I know I am no super fan.
Sorry, should we not be challenging for the title or something? We're all aware that it's difficult and we're all certainly aware of how strong City are, but I would much rather have hope that we can pull this off than sit around like some gloomy Evertonian bemoaning our bad luck.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Sorry mate, but we fucked up against West Ham and United. We fucked up way before this match. Derby match isn't going to be pretty and it shows. Banking on it to get us through to win the title will be a massive bad judgement.
Those were the buffer we had, something which we could afford to.
This was bollocks. Front 3 let us down. We could have easily won this if salah was half decent.
We created enough chances today, and we did not convert even one .
See citys last 2 games. They won 1-0.
Now we need to win all our games Nd hope city fuck up. Frankly, we blew it today and have put ourselves under tremendous pressure.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
For a manager who is supposed to have huge balls every single big away game he seems to revert to a midfield of workmen like players and it never works. It was crying out for Keita or Shaqiri and bringing on Milner was a terrible decision, compoundedby then going for Lallana. Baffling decisions for me.

dockers_strike

When were we ten points clear of city for the same number of games played as sky are saying? I dont remember that, maybe its my dotage and Ive forgotten?

We didnt look hungry enough today but the big problem was poor first touch, players in the box wanting 1 touch too many and you dont get that time in the derby. So now we are a point behind city and all the gobshites will be going on about pressure, aided by sky and tyler's 'it's pressure' agenda.

It's always disappointing to drop points, more so to those gobshites across the park. Nice to know they can put 150% effort when they play in the derby but utterly collapse against the two manc clubs. You only have to listen to their cheering at a draw to know how far that club's ambitions have fallen over the years.

Im not certain what the benefit to bringing Lallana is compared to Shaq if Im honest. I just dont think Lallana has much to contribute to games these days whereas Shaq can also produce the unexpected. Divock, Sadio and Mo just didnt work today. There was little link up between the 3. Mo's first touch was shocking.

Big disappointment but as Ive said before, the title will go down to the last game of the season imho.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
I blame our front 3. We knew our mid is not that great. With the chances we had, we should have scored one.

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
I don't get the Lallana sub either, but he did contribute. Won a key foul. Made a nice give and go with (Firmino?), but the pass to him low in the box was over hit (as most were today).

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
This was bollocks. Front 3 let us down. We could have easily won this if salah was half decent.
We created enough chances today, and we did not convert even one .
See citys last 2 games. They won 1-0.
Now we need to win all our games Nd hope city fuck up. Frankly, we blew it today and have put ourselves under tremendous pressure.
I think the problem today was klopps changes.
Salah was hopeless. But stayed on.
Mane was not quite as hopeless but his replacement hasn’t offered anything positive in 3 years.
The midfield had no ideas.
The forwards were all gash.

But klopp could have tried to change it but actually made it worse.

We have given the initiative back to city. It’s ok for people to expect them to drop points but teams need to actually play against them first and not forfeit the game before it’s begun.

We can now Ill afford to drop many more points.

Red Ted

Dreadful performance, our worst of the season in the league, it was a genuine embarassment.

We could hardly string a few passes together, Everton were awful too, they were just a bunch of hyped up hackers & we couldn't deal with it, absolute no composure especially in the middle of the pitch.

That game is why we'll never win a big trophy when we have the likes of Jordan Henderson playing in our midfield, when the attack is off he'll offer square root of fuck all, he hides at the back lingering around our center backs, splitting them when they are more than capable of playing out and we need the extra option in midfield, plus he just passes it sideways when he drops back there anyway.

Haven't felt so pissed off for a while watching us, so many useless wankers today but Henderson's performance was fucking infuriating, that's the captain of our club in a title race and he's the worst player in our team and one of the worst on the pitch.

Salah isn't anywhere near the player he was last season either, that was another shocker today from him, our attack has been absolute dog shit the last 2 months, I had hoped Watford was going to be the turn around and near the norm for the last 10 game, it's just the exception though.

Even Wijnaldum who has been very good this season was shit today, should still have never went off before Henderson though.

Don't think or expect we're going to win the league, you'll only be more disappointed.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Buffer doesn't count for me because as long as mathematically we can lose it, it all counts. We messed up against West Ham, we led and we concede. We could not break that team down when teams like Burnley,Southampton and Crystal Palace could break their defence down. That shows we're not handling the pressure well being up top. Dubai and Marbella trip seemed to have wasted on these players.

Sorry, should we not be challenging for the title or something? We're all aware that it's difficult and we're all certainly aware of how strong City are, but I would much rather have hope that we can pull this off than sit around like some gloomy Evertonian bemoaning our bad luck.
We should be winning the title having clear 7 points advantage we had at one point. Challenging means nothing if you don't win it. I am not talking about luck, but lack of composure and ability to take those chances would come back and haunt us. Not once in my post spoke of luck. From having our fate of winning the title in our hands to hoping for others to drop points is not my thing. It may be yours, but it's not mine.

StevenAlonso

Mane and Salah needs to be taught to respect and help each other.. They dont seem to pass unless they have no chance of scoring and 2 defenders are closing on them.. There egos aren't letting them create an assist for each other and it's costing points ..

Flobs

FADA
Disappointed.
Where was Wijnaldum?
Not his fault mind we were poor.