Post Match: Everton 3-3 Liverpool

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Well I least I can go out & enjoy my pint with the bluenoses tonight.....

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Great game.

Johnson and Agger played like shithouses though, shit both of them. Skrtel not much better. Flanagan, the one everyone continues to shit the bed over, did more defending the those 3 combined.

Lucas needs to watch those fouls, terrible miss by Allen.

Mignolet and Suarez were superb. Gutted not to win, relieved not to lose.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Let just say the God of set-piece visied the ground today....
We could have won it, and the team seriously defended like shit. Bring back Kolo please.

But then it is one point gained, and denied them two, and we should be on higher morale coming next match, so it is not so bad....

But for God's sake keep Toure in the CB slot, or fix that defense

Flanagan lad take a bow! I'll be the first to admit I was completely unjustified in being worried about you pre-match. What a performance!

But MOTM has to go to Mignolet. If it wasn't for him we would have been dead and buried. Fantastic game. Just a shame we couldn't hold on although to come back in the dying moments is good enough for me.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Lukaku looks like a handful. Deserved the MOM.....

Oh apart from Mignolet I guess

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
'Not one for the purists' as they say, but a fantastic game. Most exciting game I've seen us play in a while. 3-3 is definitely a fair result. Still not forgiving Joe Allen though, he's let us down too many times.

Armchair expert

TIA New Signing
Mignolet MOTM saved our bacon so many times. Flanagan earned his place for the next match. Mirallas should have walked for the foul on Suarez. Good result in the end for us, but could have won it too.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
To sum up the game, Mirales should have got a red, and Allen should have scored... Sturridge should have been sub in much earlier than he was. Mignolet MOTM.

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
Lukaku was all over us second half and we got bullied a bit again. Sorry Everton, your best players are not yours.

spizfromoz

Flanagan, what a game, owned the left slide. He's really come along so calm in a big game. But whole midfield walked over sorry to say and Mignolet earns us a point. What a close in keeper. mirallas definitely a red card for me.

abcd

Mad game which demonstrated the strengths and weaknesses of this side for all to see. Having seen the team before kick off would have taken a point. Joe Allen could have killed the game stone dead and that gave Everton the impetus but really in the end I think Liverpool have to be happy enough to have nicked a point in the end. There are always things to point to in a derby like Mirallas' tackle for example. Winning games like this, Swansea or Newcastle is what makes all the difference at the end of the season but its a point in the bag, move on to the next one away to Hull next Sunday.

RedLaw

JFT96
WOW. Easily game of the season.

Got to be one of the best derby games... EVER! And thank the lord for Daniel Sturridge.

Toro

Florida Red
Honestly, getting a point away at Everton is a good result. We have to take care of business against the lower teams, win all our matches at Anfield and be happy to take a point away from home against the top teams.

So, mission accomplished. Mostly.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Somewhere in some basement red riot is trying to work out how to rationalize what he's just seen.

You can't, that's real football son.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Result flattered us in my opinion.

Mingo saved us time after time. Weak in midfield again...we drop off too much and give teams space. Henderson does give us anything going forward and looked lost once Lucas came off. Johnson was poor but Flanno, Luis and Skrtle all put in a shift. Stevie was quiet and Agger looked off the pace.

Why does this team lack energy in the second half!!!?

RaoulDuke

Hardly-Known Member
The draw might be a fair outcome.
But mirralas should have been sent off in 1st half and allen had to score the 3rd goal.
Still frustrating despite all of evertons chances.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Lukaku is a beast, I actually thought Agger marked him great in the first half. But at set pieces he's just too much a handful, why couldn't we have got him on that loan deal, everton should consider themself blessed having him.

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior
Awful defending today. Mignolet saved us from losing the match by 2 or 3 goals. The CB pairing was wrong today I thought. We needed a real leader in there and both Skrtel and Agger were not vocal enough. In fact, their communication was dreadful today. Causing quite a few errors. Pretty sure either Toure or Sakho would have took the game by the scruffs. Would have been far more effective at defending set pieces as well. I personally don't think Agger should have started this game.

Disappointing overall because we were in the lead twice and everyone thought we could push on this week to become genuine challengers for a top 4 spot but as of yet, clearly many issues yet to be resolved. We seem to be making the same mistakes for the big games:

Too much dilly-dalllying in the back. Mistakes from trying to play the ball out leads to errors and additional waves of pressure. Johnson, Lucas, Agger, all guilty of that.

Lucas' tackles created at least a handful of dangerous set pieces for them. Again, this is the sort of thing you need to sort out for the big games as they make a dramatic difference to the result.

Allen was dreadful which means we have yet to resolve our #10 issue.

Generally questionable managerial decisions. In particular the insistence of having us dropping pressure far too quickly in the 2nd half to allow teams a way back in to the game. We seem to want to play on the counter more than we are confident in playing higher up in almost every 2nd half. As well, we were defensively porous. BR went for the wrong CB pairing. They were indecisive. Suffered from lack of communication. Weak on headers and nowhere near aggressive enough in the tackle for a derby.

RaoulDuke

Hardly-Known Member
redbj said:
Somewhere in some basement red riot is trying to work out how to rationalize what he's just seen.

You can't, that's real football son.
you mean we cannot quit game and load a pre match save game?

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
ILLOK said:
Great game.
Johnson and Agger played like shithouses though, shit both of them. Skrtel not much better. Flanagan, the one everyone continues to shit the bed over, did more defending the those 3 combined.
Lucas needs to watch those fouls, terrible miss by Allen.
Mignolet and Suarez were superb. Gutted not to win, relieved not to lose.
Says it all, really. Nothing to add, except that Allen really isn't up to it.

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
only 1 thing to say Joe freaking Allen.
just knew that absalute sitter was going to cost us points .