Post match: Everton v Liverpool (epl 21/6/20 7pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Matip [off 73’]

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Milner [off 42’]

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Keita [off 65’]

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Minamino [off 46’]

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Firmino [off 65’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Gomez [on 42’]

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Oxlade Chamberlain [on 46’]

• Origi [on 65’]

• Wijndum [on 65’]

• Lovren [on 73’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brush85

Sleepy...our ability to create drops dramatically when a certain couple of players arent there and faced up with a wall

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Predictably shit. Even more so than initially anticipated. Awful in the final third and Klopp's subs didn't help at all, quite the contrary.

Red over the water

Understandably an iffy display, almost like preseason. Everton have a good strike partnership and they were always putting themselves about a bit and sniffing around. It wasn’t really clicking for us.

Before the game lots of people commented about how no fans would hurt Everton, and dull their home advantage. I actually think it helped them, as they could concentrate on their game a bit more, rather than have the weight of that baying mob on their back.

Ancelotti has them well organized and there wasn’t a lot of space out there for us.

It’s all a bit meh, as we weren’t very good, but at least we kept our unbeaten run going against them. There’s better to come, but for now, I’m happy enough that the footy is back.

RodM

Well after all the wait and anticipation that was pants.

Everton set up for 0:0 and got what they went for. We tried to create but ended up with stale possession.

It was the first game for 3 months and by God it felt like it. Normally this would be a kick around at Prenton Park. The injuries are not good but for the rest there is match time. However, neither wing worked well. We need Robo and Salah back to fitness.

Allison and Hendo as MotM FWIW.

petergriffin2020

lovren was up until 5 am watching q anon youtube videos last night, wasn't ready to play
Just like Calamity James and his video games. :LOL: Thankfully the quality of the squad has improved to the point where that kind of player is not a starter.

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
anti football Everton shite. 100 days for that, life was less stressful without football i think. That game just annoyed me, hate to see us struggle to breakdown such a weak team. So win midweek and then a point a Shitty does it?

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
How often has that been tried? He has mostly played on the left.
Left forward as well, he is far far more effective when central midfielder for me. Showed at the end of the game he was central, drove forward and won a free kick.

richieh10

We need 5 points and that’s with city winning every game. We beat place and avoid defeat at the emptyhad and it’s ours. I worry though coz city will have the upper hand, they are used to playing in front of literally 100-200 people so they will
Certainly have the upper hand

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
So waiting until July now. Will this season ever fucking end.....

NZred

The Red From NZ
Fuck me that was a terrible match. We love all midfield creativity when Naby went off, odd not to use Mo either. Would have preferred Henderson went to RB, TAA to LB, Gomez to the middle, OX to CM and Mo came on when matip went off. Lovren is just fucking atrocious.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Left forward as well, he is far far more effective when central midfielder for me. Showed at the end of the game he was central, drove forward and won a free kick.
He's scored a few from the left though, important goals too.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Citeh only 23 points behind now and they have a game in hand
To listen to Kelly Cates on Sky now, you’d have thought our trip to the Emptihad would decide the title. She appears to have forgotten that we still have another six games to play after that one.

Embarrassing from any presenter, let alone King Kenny’s daughter.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
He's scored a few from the left though, important goals too.
Not sure of your point? Yes he scored some important goals, he has also been vastly invisible when playing wide forward. As he was again today.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
More rust than my '76 Audi. Unfortunately, the rust did have us losing Millie and Matip to injuries. Let's hope that they are okay and coming back quickly.

My dad called down a few times from upstairs asking why there were no cheering and shouting of joy from me. I do not recall there was any clear cut chance from our boys in this game. We controlled the game well enough...just need that edge, which was missing in today's match.

My 3 picks:
1. Ali - Saving our bacon with full concentration after there were nothing to do for most of the match. Clean sheet!
2. Hendo - Did well throughout the match. One of the few who did not have much rust. Passes were good. I do wish he would give it a crack with a long range shot rather than lay the ball wide to TAA.
3. Matip - Partnered well with VVD in this game. Nothing much leaked pass the back line. Unfortunately that changed after he had to leave the pitch. It was nervy with Degsy coming on to replace Matip.

Let's hope it will be a better performance against Palace.

Last edited:

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Not sure of your point? Yes he scored some important goals, he has also been vastly invisible when playing wide forward. As he was again today.
Not really, scored some important goals from the left. Hasn't played on the right for ages.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Mane obviously didn’t get “the take the knee” e mail. He sprinted off down the wing from the kick off whilst everybody else was kneeling down.