Post match: Everton v Liverpool (epl 21/6/20 7pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Matip [off 73’]

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Milner [off 42’]

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Keita [off 65’]

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Minamino [off 46’]

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Firmino [off 65’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Gomez [on 42’]

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Oxlade Chamberlain [on 46’]

• Origi [on 65’]

• Wijndum [on 65’]

• Lovren [on 73’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
This would have been the last game I'd have chosen for the restart if that were possible. Poor game as expected.
We created very little, Minamino needs to build an understanding with those around him. This league will be more physically demanding of him and he will need to impose himself more to have a chance here I feel.
I thought Keita showed glimpses of what he can do, Ox is wasted out wide, Gomez is not a fullback and the loss of Robbo and Milner unbalanced the left side.
Lovren. Well that cameo summed him, he's a brainless liability. Matip is made from biscuits too so we need to bin Degsy and get another centre half option this summer along with a back up left back.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Sometimes things just don’t fall right for you. Today was one of those days. There were a lot of encouraging signs in the first half. A few times were we were just a small touch or a missed tackle on the Ev’s part and we were in.
Given the chance to play that game again and we’d slot them.
The Ev showed no ambition until ten minutes from time. I won’t blame any of our players (even Degsy) for being rusty. I’ll put myself now in the place of Lovren. Late on in a massively important game at this stage of the season. I would be bricking it. He himself probably was. He never once hid. He challenged for every ball. He was beaten sometimes. But history will show him as part of the Reds team that reached this stage in the season with only one defeat in the stats.

Danny_

Bad performance but can't expect too much after so long out. What we learned again was that the second string isn't good enough. It wasn't just Lovren coming on although this did send our defense into a blind panic. It was Oirigi as well - sorry but his time is up. He isn't a terrible player but he isn't good enough for us. There is a massive drop in quality when any of the front 3 are not playing.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Quite a bit of criticism for some players on here. I can think of a couple myself (not mentioned so far) that we’re just as bad or worse than Divock or Degsy.
No player in a red shirt didn’t try tonight. There was effort all over the pitch.

Alright Now

Quite a bit of criticism for some players on here. I can think of a couple myself (not mentioned so far) that we’re just as bad or worse than Divock or Degsy.
No player in a red shirt didn’t try tonight. There was effort all over the pitch.
Well said. We are in late season form while the players are in early season form

Craig_Johnston

I'm very down under, but my wife disagrees
It was what I feared. Was befuddled by the substitutions though. If Salah was fit enough for the bench, why wasn't he fit enough to come on?

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I thought Naby's passing was excellent today. I think he will really shine and show what a gifted player is next season.

I know Lovren was playing well today, at least it wasn't Alberto Moreno coming on.

Dave-D

Doesn’t he though. I’ve genuinely had enough of him now.

He’s not just a liability in terms knowing he’s going to do something fucking mad, it also gives the opposition someone obvious to play on. We saw this against Watford, and we saw it tonight. Everton really enjoyed there being a centre back they could just bully.
You could see the boost it gave Everton the second he stepped foot on the pitch and the tactics changed as well. It became lump it at Lovren he’ll fuck up and he did fuck up at least twice.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Walked. Got my 10000 steps in. Just as well, had a chippy tea for the first time since the Bournemouth game...fish and chips with a carton of curry poured over it. Heavy stuff.
Go ed lad. That’s a proper tea. But you must be a capitalist. Coz proper tea is theft.

I’ll get me coat.

Last edited:

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Sorry guys, fell a sleep somewhere in the first half. Did I miss anything ?

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC

petergriffin2020

I thought Naby's passing was excellent today. I think he will really shine and show what a gifted player is next season.

I know Lovren was playing well today, at least it wasn't Alberto Moreno coming on.
Moreno still gives me PTSD, nice lad but he’s probably my least favorite Liverpool player I’ve watched (to be fair i missed the Diouf days). He got beat on the break by Juan Mata! Anyway when we bought Robbo, even before I knew how good he was going to be, I was still like “play him, he can’t be any worse than Moreno defensively.” Pleasantly surprised that he has done that well and then some!

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Not a great game,but to be expected.
@cynicaloldgit was right on with his assessment.
Lovren has had his share of chances,why persevere any more with him?
Alisson MOTM for me, he is why we got a point.
Thought Matip was quite good until..
Hendo a decent game.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
disappointed but not surprised, other than not having our strongest 11 but honestly, after such a long time out, longer than a normal pre season would be for some players, going through the worst pandemic in their generation, the minds might not be on football, it will take some time for us to get back to the rhythm and its a blessing we built up such an unassailable point lead that the championship is an eventuality, so lets not be too hard on the lads and celebrate when we eventually get over the line. This team has given us alot. Lets get through the line together.

nikz200

I see that mostly people are having a go at Lovren when we didn't have more than 3 shots on target and we let Richarlison have his way in the box, If they were more clinical we could have easily been 2 goals down in this game. But ok we can chalk it up to game rust , and we will see in the palace game how we do, hopefully we can show our teeth there, cause today we looked blunt as hell and our defence did not look solid today even before lovren came on.

Alisson MOTM cause he just is.

sandsoftime

Typical crap Italian counter-attacking football from Ancelloti.

But we were mediocre.

However, a win against Palace and a draw against City, and we are champions!
Danger I see from this game... as fans we are becoming victims of our own success.
if every other club plays as defensively in each game against us... how crap will it become, as a Liverpool fan, to have to watch such torrid affairs each week.... Why take us on head to head to get a thrashing... put eleven men defending your last third and there is a chance of getting a point.!
The Ancelloti's and Mourinho's of this world... are slowly strangling the life out of the game..!