Post match: Everton v Liverpool (epl 21/6/20 7pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Matip [off 73’]

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Milner [off 42’]

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Keita [off 65’]

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Minamino [off 46’]

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Firmino [off 65’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Gomez [on 42’]

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Oxlade Chamberlain [on 46’]

• Origi [on 65’]

• Wijndum [on 65’]

• Lovren [on 73’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[email protected]

GUARD OF HONOR! Yeah their going to give us more then a Guard of Honor if we keep playing like we have been. It’ll be bend over and take it up the butt with no Vaseline as right now I feeling like the score will be 4-0 City, unless we get really hungry and start playing like CHAMPIONS again! Sorry but I’m pissed off at what I’ve been seeing on the field!
Do buzz off, troll.

Falcon51

Do buzz off, troll.
I’m no troll matey, but I call BS when I see it. I’m a big fan! I don’t live in a fantasy land! I still whole hardily support the Reds, but if their playing crappy I’m expressing myself. Anyway, we shall see won’t we?

Flobs

FADA
Ignoring the worst player on the park thing (i thought there were a few candidates for that accolade to be honest) I think our problem when this happens is the way we play. We really dont get behind opposition teams like City do, not enough anyway. That's why they score more, they are constantly turning the opposition defense. How we play in the wide areas simply doesn't put players in behind the opposition full back. There's a tendency to look or turn inside. It gets easy to defend.

Why that is I cant say but it's been a Liverpool problem for years.
i only used 'worst player' as that was what the poster I replied to used about Trent I really just wanted to point out that at least Trent makes an effort.
If Firmino doesn't do the business then we are going to struggle unless Henderson gets forward axially. We just don't have other playmakers. City have De Bruyne chappy. The only other option, that we don't use, is the shot from outside the box then you need the forwards to attack the rebound another thing we don't do (except Matip but he's rarely high enough up the pitch).
This is why we miss Salah, even if he can not pass he dribbles into dangerous positions.

Noo Noo

i only used 'worst player' as that was what the poster I replied to used about Trent I really just wanted to point out that at least Trent makes an effort.
If Firmino doesn't do the business then we are going to struggle unless Henderson gets forward axially. We just don't have other playmakers. City have De Bruyne chappy. The only other option, that we don't use, is the shot from outside the box then you need the forwards to attack the rebound another thing we don't do (except Matip but he's rarely high enough up the pitch).
This is why we miss Salah, even if he can not pass he dribbles into dangerous positions.
Fair points but I think there's a movement issue as well. We dont work the wings enough to get the full backs to the by line. Note how many crosses we put in from deep or the edge of the area.

City have the advantage of better movement and actually stretching defenses out sideways. Teams can set up narrow to defend against us knowing that they will seldom get pulled out.

So far we've managed to get round the issues very well but we do get stuck from time to time and to me it always seems to follow the same pattern.

I do agree that if Firmino isn't playing well we are even blunter than normal.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I’m no troll matey, but I call BS when I see it. I’m a big fan! I don’t live in a fantasy land! I still whole hardily support the Reds, but if their playing crappy I’m expressing myself. Anyway, we shall see won’t we?
When you say you’re sick of what you’re seeing on the pitch, do you mean the one game we’ve played since the restart? Or are you also including the Blackburn game and the reserves game too

I think now is the time to chill out. We’ve won the league. It’s done. What Klopp has had to do is figure a way back into the footy, and also keep an eye on next season.

it was fairly obvious that we were playing in 2nd gear on Sunday. And that’s absolutely fine under the circumstances. It’s been a short pre-season to get started again, and the plan is to have a very short break before 20/21 kicks off. Klopp has to think about the fact that although the record books will say the 19/20 season finished and then the 20/21season started, the reality is that this will feel like a 47 game league campaign.

We’ve seen players dropping like flies all over the restarted fixtures (and we lost Matip and Milner) and Klopp has already said that it was a responsible, safety first performance to ease the players back in and protect them for the slog ahead.

If Guardiola wants his players flying out of the traps and smashing everyone 5-0 for no fucking reason, then good look to him. He’ll have 20 fucked players to deal with come March. Or maybe he’ll be able to get some horse blood in them by then.

For us, we have two objectives. Get the five points we need to clinch the league. And set the squad up to retain it next year. That means we probably can’t finish the season playing mental high octane football and battering the shit out of everyone. Do I care? No, I couldn’t give a shit.

Noo Noo

A win on Wednesday then they can pull the plug on the machine Jonsey. We will only need 2 points from the remaining 7 fixtures but we will need a win just to settle any nerves and shut the "dickheads" up.
I think....................(carefully now) that if we win this evening a draw against City will be enough as we effectively take 2 points off them.

Red Submarine

We've won the fucking lot.
When you say you’re sick of what you’re seeing on the pitch, do you mean the one game we’ve played since the restart? Or are you also including the Blackburn game and the reserves game too

I think now is the time to chill out. We’ve won the league. It’s done. What Klopp has had to do is figure a way back into the footy, and also keep an eye on next season.

it was fairly obvious that we were playing in 2nd gear on Sunday. And that’s absolutely fine under the circumstances. It’s been a short pre-season to get started again, and the plan is to have a very short break before 20/21 kicks off. Klopp has to think about the fact that although the record books will say the 19/20 season finished and then the 20/21season started, the reality is that this will feel like a 47 game league campaign.

We’ve seen players dropping like flies all over the restarted fixtures (and we lost Matip and Milner) and Klopp has already said that it was a responsible, safety first performance to ease the players back in and protect them for the slog ahead.

If Guardiola wants his players flying out of the traps and smashing everyone 5-0 for no fucking reason, then good look to him. He’ll have 20 fucked players to deal with come March. Or maybe he’ll be able to get some horse blood in them by then.

For us, we have two objectives. Get the five points we need to clinch the league. And set the squad up to retain it next year. That means we probably can’t finish the season playing mental high octane football and battering the shit out of everyone. Do I care? No, I couldn’t give a shit.
But on Blueloon they're all saying that we're absolutely shit. Now I don't know who to believe? :cry:

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
dear oh dear. a few posters seem to think that the amazing record breaking season we have had with scintillating football, star and legendary performances is now some king of "norm", and anything below it is automatically sh*te. As someone who remembers the Paisley teams and football before big business- top teams are allowed to lose, and are allowed to have bad days, or below days. If we lost under Paisley it was said that he never changed a losing team ! However, all we did was draw (not lose) to a credible opposition, that we dominated. We didnt concede, we got a point away, and edged ever closer to the title we havent won for 30 years. Add on top of that this is the first game after the covid19 break where they will be understandably NOT yet at their unbeatable best, add the uncertainty surrounding the times and the players regarding the virus and their families, add the fact they had to change in a porta cabin, and add the significant loss of fans, and the roar of derby fans. I think its job done, and I see nothing wrong with our second draw of the season. This team HAS shown its class, time and time again in the last 18 months, such that you cant really question it.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Poor Andy Robertson tonight will melt in the heat!
Mane, Keita, Salah and the Brazil boys will love it.
Plenty of water on the pitch to help zip the ball about. Palace want a slow game.
Bit of bogey team for us are Palace.

Last edited:

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
We like a test so we make it difficult for ourselves with one or two players playing under general anaesthetic,it takes a long time to wear off on Lovren tho,maybe he doesn't need it.

Red Submarine

We've won the fucking lot.
dear oh dear. a few posters seem to think that the amazing record breaking season we have had with scintillating football, star and legendary performances is now some king of "norm", and anything below it is automatically sh*te. As someone who remembers the Paisley teams and football before big business- top teams are allowed to lose, and are allowed to have bad days, or below days. If we lost under Paisley it was said that he never changed a losing team ! However, all we did was draw (not lose) to a credible opposition, that we dominated. We didnt concede, we got a point away, and edged ever closer to the title we havent won for 30 years. Add on top of that this is the first game after the covid19 break where they will be understandably NOT yet at their unbeatable best, add the uncertainty surrounding the times and the players regarding the virus and their families, add the fact they had to change in a porta cabin, and add the significant loss of fans, and the roar of derby fans. I think its job done, and I see nothing wrong with our second draw of the season. This team HAS shown its class, time and time again in the last 18 months, such that you cant really question it.
Plus, Ancelotti is no mug! He's had time to play about with what's available to him now, and played a tactical blinder against us really. We weren't great, granted, but I think Mascot88 is bang on the money about that. It's fine. It is what it is. Looking forward to next season and if anyone wants to talk about asterisks we should have one for this season with, in brackets, 'Most Deserved Campaign Victors in Sports History'. ;)(y) It's been a fucking nightmare but this is just the beginning. COME ON YOU FUCKING BEAUTIFUL REDS!!!!

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I think it’s partly an age thing. Once you’ve seen Jimmy Carter or Sean Dundee’s name on the team sheet then you will forgive the current team pretty much anything. We are not watching the fucking Harlem Globetrotters.

Falcon51

Basically, I meant the last five to six games overall! To include non PL games we’ve played in, that’s all!

Falcon51

I agree with all you said except I have a question for you. Why is it that MC had the same break as our Boys but weren’t able to whip a team just as bad In the League standings as what we did? That’s what I was getting at, so for me the break was no excuse not to come back and play like the Champions they are! Today’s game was simply awesome and what I’ve come to expect. Sure I know there’s off times but, when you know the potential is there and you see them playing like they did,it was worrisom. I’m still a rabid fan as you are!

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I so for me the break was no excuse not to come back and play like the Champions they are!
You’re not a sports scientist though. Jürgen and his staff know what they are doing, and if they think we had to ease in against Ev, that’s OK with me.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I agree with all you said except I have a question for you. Why is it that MC had the same break as our Boys but weren’t able to whip a team just as bad In the League standings as what we did? That’s what I was getting at, so for me the break was no excuse not to come back and play like the Champions they are! Today’s game was simply awesome and what I’ve come to expect. Sure I know there’s off times but, when you know the potential is there and you see them playing like they did,it was worrisom. I’m still a rabid fan as you are!

Difference is we were playing Everton in a derby game at Goodison,even when we've been head n shoulders better than them in the past,it's hardly ever an easy (non physical) game (even when we have won by a few goals).Not only did we have to play our first competitive match in 3 months against them,without our LB bombing forward to help Mane on the Left and our Rightsided Forward to help TTA on the Right (those are massive losses in our first 11 and a big part of our game),we had to make sure none of our top players got injured,in what could have been a scrappy/nasty game with tackles flying in.

When we lose our ability to use our wings properly,it effects the way we have to play,our first 11 are a well oiled machine,you start taking cogs out of it and it's not quite the same,if we had like for like on the bench then i'd say we'd carry on playing like we did tonight against Palace.

Man City play totally different to us and play through the Midfield,they have the good fortune (good fortune??? i mean they are FFP cheating cunts) able to have 2 players for almost every position,they lose Aguero and bring on Jesus,or Sterling and swap him with Sane or D.Silva for Folden,Fernandinho for Rodri,De Bryune for Silva and so on,thats why they came out playing championship form in their first 2 easy games.

Last edited:

RedLar

Everton created the better chances, and they were shit. They should have nicked it. For all our huff and puff, we created nothing of note. Can't remember Pickford having to save a shot. Worst excuse for a derby ever. Terrible.

MOTM is Allison. Sums it up.