• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Fulham 1-3 Liverpool (Sturridge hat-trick)

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Le_hunt said:
is it the hormones rush takling, or did Daniel Sturridge just made me wanna buy his kit to celebrate his hat-trick marking the day my little Alice was born ?

such a long fucking day. for the missus, brave as a Warrior in labour. hardly got more than two hours of sleep combined.

(...)
Congrats, mate! :)

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Does anyone have a good link to download the game?

TheSweetSilverSong

Great win!!! :)

Noting few important things:

- We won without our best player in each area of the field (Suarez, Gerrard, Agger)

- Sturridge got his first hat trick for us and 11 in 15 I think now which is great!

- Coutinho already has a shrine of worship, and rightly so, what a player!! 2 assists again, and magical passing!

- We turned a game around after trailing behind, extremely rare this season.

- I think Rodgers responded well to anything he saw was not working - whether tactical or players struggling.

Very happy with this win!!! :D

Lucas or Allen said:

We could play this next season and keep Reina.That leaves the defence to sort out.
Maybe Kelly will come back good or we will sign a CB to bring us on.

Coutinho was great today and Danny too.We were bad in the 1st half but I put that down to the formation.
Mark my words, this is a forward line that I believe can win trophies in 3-4 years time!!

Sturridge up front much more mature and peaking at 26/27, Suarez still at his best at 28/29, but also Sterling and Coutinho not being youngsters any more at 21/22 & 23/24 respectively, with a lot of experience till then, and this forward line playing together for 4-5 years...

Can't wait to see this front line develop these next few seasons!!!!!!!!!

:)

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Another good point on this win. Good to see Coutinhos hair cut hasn't sapped his skills. I know I was worried and I'm sure I'm not alone

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
SoueysTash said:
Another good point on this win. Good to see Coutinhos hair cut hasn't sapped his skills. I know I was worried and I'm sure I'm not alone

[bh.]

okocha10

Football Master
TassieRed said:
Apparently our highest ever away total in the premier league. That's a nice stat. We all love some stats after a game so how about chewing on these for a bit:

We have the 3rd best attack.

We have the 5th best goal difference.

We have the 6th best defence.

And where will we end up? 7th.

Doesn't seem to make sense to me. Bottom line is, we don't win enough of the games that really matter. We just don't. In the mini-table of the top 7 teams playing each other we are dead last.

But considering our start to the year it hasn't panned out too badly. We just need a bit more mongrel in the team. Grind out dirty draws when we should lose. Snatch victories we don't deserve. That sort of thing.

I mean, united have been SHIT this year and they won the league. I just can't get over that!
Well do not forget how our season began. We had 2 easy penalties and a red card in the first game of the season. It's hard to create a momentum without self confidence.

mafiaman20

Midfield General
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet but Shelvey could have helped himself to a least one goal but let two chances on the follow-up go by not showing enough anticipation. Or maybe I'm just being too harsh.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
mafiaman20 said:
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet but Shelvey could have helped himself to a least one goal but let two chances on the follow-up go by not showing enough anticipation. Or maybe I'm just being too harsh.
Big chance for shelvey today and, not for the first time, he fluffed his lines.

Needs a season of pl footy on loan imo

Red Island

11 goals for Sturridge so far this half season for us..sooooo.. if it were a full season are we looking at another 20 goal a season striker alongside Luis? :) nice thought. not many teams in the league have that now!

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
If only we had Strurridge from the start of the season...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

OhYaBeauty

sozioökonomische- said:
Does anyone have a good link to download the game?
The site I sent you to last time will definitely work for this one again

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
OhYaBeauty said:
The site I sent you to last time will definitely work for this one again
I seem to have, ah, misplaced it. -_-

Gears

TIA Regular
Watching that Rodgers interview, I can't help but think he feels a bit alone as a manager. he's done ok, and the football we're playing is brilliant.

At the same time, rafa is available so he's probably worried.

S

showmethemoney

Just finished watching the game on a proper TV & just wow!

Countinho & Dan Sturridge.......fantastic.

Fabio Borini was sooooooooooooooo unlucky not to get two.

But that pass on the outside of Cou's foot...just majestic!

Sine

Satan's Junior Caddy
Have you seen the Scouse Smokebomb Liverbird!

Classsss.

S

showmethemoney

Sine said:

Classsss.
See this on Twatter...

We need to be careful with the pyros though.

We will either get in trouble with the KnowFA or we will have our away capacity reduced by clubs.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Question: was Sturidge booed since before the 1st goal, which i believe he celebrated on wrong stand section. Or was it after?

PS: almost forget, but man, that would have been a goal, have Borini got it a few cm to left

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
yeah Sturridge was booed, think it was because of his Chelsea history? That was my assumption.

Overall another great away victory. We rode our luck with the handball but i never thought Coates fouled Kalacinic. Nothing in it at all. Would have accepted a penalty for Lucas' handball to be honest but we showed a ruthless streak going up the pitch and scoring.

Sturridge was unplayable, had a great game, his touch, link up play and indeed his finishing. Hope he can limit his off days to a minimum next season and have plenty of these man of the match performances. Was a joy to watch.

Coutinho, what a ball. Quieter than his recent worldie performances but that through ball was world class, and he showed other great touches. Love that signing. Hard to choose between him and Sturridge as signing of the jan window.

Overall the tactical change at half time seemed to work, so maybe the backroom staff and Rodgers deserve some credit for that. I know a few people have been questioning their expertise on here in recent weeks. Coates was still a bit raw, hard for someone that hasnt played much to be thrown in to the action like, overall he did ok.

Enrique had an impact on the game when he came on and everyone else chipped in with good performances.

Very happy with the 3-1 win. Onwards and upwards next season.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
And Sturridge. 12 goals in 15 games, is that right? Not many strikers in the country having that kind of returns huh. The encouraging thing is that he does seem to have a lot to improve on yet! And the worry is that he will stagnate but he looks very very promising up there especially with Coutinho behind him.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Gears said:
Watching that Rodgers interview, I can't help but think he feels a bit alone as a manager. he's done ok, and the football we're playing is brilliant. At the same time, rafa is available so he's probably worried.
He talks too much...

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
gasband said:
And Sturridge. 12 goals in 15 games, is that right? Not many strikers in the country having that kind of returns huh. The encouraging thing is that he does seem to have a lot to improve on yet! And the worry is that he will stagnate but he looks very very promising up there especially with Coutinho behind him.
11 in 15 gasband.

still very impressive. Could have had more than 3 yesterday too!!

Sine said:

Classsss.
I think they are muppets for letting off smokebombs, childish behaviour and selfish too. Hopefully this doesnt become a trend and we do it every game now. At one stage the smoke was impacting on Pepe Reina's view, clowns.

gasband

Ad-free Member
WellRedKev said:
11 in 15 gasband.

still very impressive. Could have had more than 3 yesterday too!!

I think they are muppets for letting off smokebombs, childish behaviour and selfish too. Hopefully this doesnt become a trend and we do it every game now. At one stage the smoke was impacting on Pepe Reina's view, clowns.
Still very impressive. But we need him to be more clinical. All world class strikers have a ruthless streak in them. He just always tries to be fanciful at times and too over elaborate.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Good game.

Cou, Sturridge, Reina won the game for us. We played the game without Agger, Gerrad and Suarez and won - it will increase the confidence of the squad.

Lets take the positives, work on the negatives and move on the next one(a biggie since Carra's final one).

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
gasband said:
Still very impressive. But we need him to be more clinical. All world class strikers have a ruthless streak in them. He just always tries to be fanciful at times and too over elaborate.
Suarez guilty of the same, that could be why they seem to link up well!!

gasband

Ad-free Member
WellRedKev said:
Suarez guilty of the same, that could be why they seem to link up well!!
I guess thats why many people never really saw Suarez as ever being suitable as the central striker. He puts in goals but misses probably as many because of wasteful finishing or running and dribbling out of space. But Sturridge aspires to be a central striker and has the qualities to be it. And he needs to improve on the other aspects. But like you say, they link up well and with Coutinho and if my dream happens for next season, with David Villa, what an attacking quartet that will be.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
gasband said:
I guess thats why many people never really saw Suarez as ever being suitable as the central striker. He puts in goals but misses probably as many because of wasteful finishing or running and dribbling out of space. But Sturridge aspires to be a central striker and has the qualities to be it. And he needs to improve on the other aspects. But like you say, they link up well and with Coutinho and if my dream happens for next season, with David Villa, what an attacking quartet that will be.
i have been calling for David Villa too, if possible. Would add that clinical touch to our exciting attacking talent. Bit of experience in there too, maybe show Sturridge the way on certain things. Two years of double figure goals and a wealth of experience is what you'd get. Priceless if you ask me. Well, i tell a lie, 8m!!

gasband

Ad-free Member
WellRedKev said:
i have been calling for David Villa too, if possible. Would add that clinical touch to our exciting attacking talent. Bit of experience in there too, maybe show Sturridge the way on certain things. Two years of double figure goals and a wealth of experience is what you'd get. Priceless if you ask me. Well, i tell a lie, 8m!!
Or even a season long loan, furthermore, he is out of season next summer and we are probably one of the best teams in the world outside of European places who can offer him regular football. Top teams in CL or Europa might not even have a place for him.