• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Fulham 1-3 Liverpool (Sturridge hat-trick)

Libero

flares can look good if done right

eg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKPO3a5iAys

Hajduk 100 Year anniversary, the whole city was lit up with flares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_LpSfxIgw

Wathik_LFC

TIA Youth Team
Good game. I don't think Lucas handball was a penalty even though some refs do give them. Coates bumping into a defender also wasn't a foul.

Played well and even borini looked good.. Here's hoping summer additions are spot on. Can't wait for next year already..

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Quagmire81 said:
It's tradition in many countries tho. And usually they are used to celebrate a goal. It's about prestice between the fan groups, just like with a tifo before the start of a game. it's all about who's best basicly. It's much better battling that way than throwing disrespectful and distasteful songs at each other which adds to hosility way more In my opinion.
Distateful songs is one thing, but an atmosphere like a Champions League semi final at anfield is all about the songs mate. Flares dont add anything only restricted vision for the paying punter. Its like letting a smokebomb off when your 12 in a shopping centre if you ask me, childish. Atmosphere is affected negatively in my eyes.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
brightonpete said:
i'm sure the good people at the f.a will put a stop to the smoke bombs,then everyone can get back to watching the game thru their ipads.
and as far as childish goes...,grown men,wearing replica kits,singing songs,isn't then?? it's just a bit of fun,fuck knows if i'll ever get to go to another away game,but i'll be happy if my view is clouded out in a red haze for a few minutes.
Football chants is the core of a football following mate, i dont understand your gripe with this. We all have different views, i'd prefer not to have to put up with it. yeah there is a childish elemnt to wearing replica jerseys but again thats wearing the teams colours, hand in hand with support, quite a lot of the support do not wear the replicas anyway, choosing a LFC polo t shirt or no representation at all in a lot of cases. Lighting smokebombs tops the poll of chidlish behaviour out of these misdemeanours for me!!

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I mean, tell me, there is no fire hazards in using flares? We definitely do not want a case of the Bradford city stadium fire in 1985 where many peopled died. Anything that has potential of setting off fire should be banned because in a confined space like a stadium and when there is panic, many people will get injured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXktZf8gfEw

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
WellRedKev said:
Distateful songs is one thing, but an atmosphere like a Champions League semi final at anfield is all about the songs mate. Flares dont add anything only restricted vision for the paying punter. Its like letting a smokebomb off when your 12 in a shopping centre if you ask me, childish. Atmosphere is affected negatively in my eyes.
Fair enough, smoke bombs are not the same as flares so I agree. I like the football culture involving flares and tifos tho.