• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Fulham v Liverpool (EPL 17/3/19 3.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Matip

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Lallana [off 72’]

• Mane [GOAL 26’]

Votes: 128 78.5%
  • Salah [off 90+2’]

• Firmino [off 72’]

• Milner [on 72’, GOAL 81’]

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Origi [on 72’]

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sturridge [on 90+2’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSweetSilverSong

People go on and talk about how bad the performance was, but the reality is that we just won 2 back to back away games, 1 in the Champions League and 1 in the League, where both competitions saw us struggle to win (at least lately). If these two wins re-ignite the belief to the players that they can win away, then the benefits are much more than the already massive points (and aggregate win-qualification respectively) earned.
Also, the other teams that played midweek in Europe came and struggled (Utd, Chelsea, City), also against "inferior" opposition.
We won, and that's all that matters now!

Also, coming in the last 15 mins to turn a draw into a victory is even more important than having had won 1-0 in my book, as clean sheets is one thing we already know we can produce, but this late win shows that in the rarer case where we do concede, we do have it in the team to produce a late goal and turn the game around. This was not the first time, it was a confirmation of what we have consistently been doing, more so than any other team in the league as stats say. Having done so in an away game in this last game, reminds the players and the fans that we're doing this over and over again, and ignites belief to help us produce this when it looks bad.

Mane MOTM for sure.

Massive, massive win it was on Sunday. Gomez and Ox to return.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
City will score 3/4 against that Fulham defence
Since i don't see this going to goal difference or that we could actually win on that having to gain at least 7 goals in the last 7 games i don't see how it matters how many City put past them. They still only get 3 points. Just remember if we win the rest of ours then even a City draw is enough to see us champions. The only way this matters is if city draw 2 and we lose one or if we draw one and they lose one. Since i've already decided we're going to win the rest of our games there's no way GD can even come into it :-)

Red over the water

You never know in football, but in all likelihood City will beat Fulham and keep their noses in front of us. Their bigger test will come when they have the run that includes Crystal Palace away, plus Spurs and Man Utd. If they come though all that without dropping points they will deserve to be champions (well, apart from the FFP cheating, which is significant). Drawing Spurs in the CL will also be a factor in that tough run.

As ever, we have to concentrate on ourselves. If we keep winning City will feel immense pressure. If we allow them to go to four points or more ahead of us, they will stroll home to the title, as we will be handing them a free hit. It’s on a knife edge which way it will go. We have to sprint to the finish line and we just might win it.

Gazmaninaus

Really with 7 games to go any way you win is a great win. I seem to remember a 3-3 draw with West Bromwich (I think). Where we were leading 3-0 with 15 to go and playing swash buckling football. So much for that result. The rest is history. Anyway in the last three seasons we have reached 75 points on three occasions. However this year we still have 7 games to go. Really a difficult week with two great results.

sms1986

Really with 7 games to go any way you win is a great win. I seem to remember a 3-3 draw with West Bromwich (I think). Where we were leading 3-0 with 15 to go and playing swash buckling football. So much for that result. The rest is history. Anyway in the last three seasons we have reached 75 points on three occasions. However this year we still have 7 games to go. Really a difficult week with two great results.
That was Palace, not West Brom. West Brom did something similar in Ferguson's last game with United though - United were winning 3-0 and later on 5-2 but it finished 5-5, partly thanks to Lukaku. United conceded three goals in five minutes towards the end of the match.

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
That was Palace, not West Brom. West Brom did something similar in Ferguson's last game with United though - United were winning 3-0 and later on 5-2 but it finished 5-5, partly thanks to Lukaku. United conceded three goals in five minutes towards the end of the match.
Hmmmmmm... you seem to know a hell of a lot about United for a so-called “Liverpool fan”....

:think:

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
If i survive this international break i'll have a huge decision to make :((

Watching our game against Spurs on TV (didn't miss a single one this season)

or

go to the Frankfurt v Stuttgart game with my father.
:((

Arminius

FSG PR plant

or

Live > TV for me. Especially when it should not too hard to get home without hearing the score and watch it recorded.

PeachesEnRegalia

No Offense, @Maria....

or

What if I told you, that you could go to the game with your Dad, and stream the Liverpool match on your phone?

We’re all here to do what we’re all here to do.

Flobs

FADA

or

I would say that that decission boils down to your relation with your father. Even though both my son and I are Liverpool supporters if my son invited me along to a L'OM match I'd be down there in a jiffy (I think he might even regret it ;-)).

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
@Scott Jones , you on an international break or something? For Gods sake open up the Spurs pre-match thread. I've just found myself wandering through some of the other threads on here and they were scary enough but now i'm even out of those to read. Buck your ideas up mate, how hard can it be, 1 paragraph, 4 lines and 18 swear words

Alright Now

@Scott Jones , you on an international break or something? For Gods sake open up the Spurs pre-match thread. I've just found myself wandering through some of the other threads on here and they were scary enough but now i'm even out of those to read. Buck your ideas up mate, how hard can it be, 1 paragraph, 4 lines and 18 swear words
I think you are underestimating the work that goes into writing a novella. But I do agree that Scott seems to be resting on his laurels or struggling for inspiration. Perhaps you can present him this: