• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Fulham v Liverpool (EPL 17/3/19 3.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Matip

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Lallana [off 72’]

• Mane [GOAL 26’]

Votes: 128 78.5%
  • Salah [off 90+2’]

• Firmino [off 72’]

• Milner [on 72’, GOAL 81’]

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Origi [on 72’]

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sturridge [on 90+2’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
erm seriously?? you think we were fucking brilliant today???? id love to take a poll of marks out of 10 for our performances this season,i reckon the average score would be 8 at the very tops,prsonally id give 7,and thats for the results certainly not the football we play.
Another one who doesn’t deserve a title challenge.

No we weren’t great today, but we’re top of the league because we’ve been great all year. You don’t amass 76 points after 31 games by being shite. That’s a stupid thing to think.

Nur der BvB09

Coudn t see the match live so i saw the Highlights Right now!
First of all Well done REDMEN!
Second Goal or better the Penalty goes to KOP for shiting the Goalie to death with their vocalities!
Kop have to be mentioned as Always when they are away so Take a BOW every single one of YOU!
Mane was the standout performer but i went for D.Origi cause i liked a lot his Holding the ball.
We Keep on marching that s what matters at the end of the day.
Well done everyone on and off the pitch!YNWA
P.S i m loving the view of the Table as well!

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Man. This is fun!

You all having fun?

This challenging for the title stuff is great. Also, it’s awful. But mostly it’s fun.
Well, any other season, and we would be having a lead of 10+ point's, with the way we have played.
I think even under Brendan's and rafas title charge, the points we got were way high for a team to finish 2nd.
So, as much as this is fun and all, we always get the toughest title races.
We have built a team from scratch, not with oil money.
Yes it's fun, but I wish we just got a bit luckier.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
100% agree...basically i think apart from a handfull ogfgames we havent played very well all season god knows how we are top of the league.
We might not have played with the same gung ho attack that we did last season but we have controlled and deserved to win the games we have won. We are where we are because we deserve to be and not because of luck

Notasuperfan

And now, we have a break in domestic football. Although it is the qualifiers for all most national teams, I believe the occasional resting of our key players like our Trident and our spine should be enough to win those games in the qualifiers. Klopp should push this point to the various national teams' coach

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
I understand a bit of the negativity here, this match did my nerves in too. But we are grinding out points, among the remaining eight teams in Champions League, and battling for the league. This is everything I had hoped for this season....and it is still not over. Sure we won't mind an easy 4-0 in the league, but let's not stop looking at the big picture! Top of the league, pressure back to City, two weeks to rest, and resume battling all the way to June 1st.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Well that was stressful. Totally in control of the game and should’ve been out of sight before that cock up!. One mistake and we get punished.
Still, it’s 3 points and we’re top again. Well done James Milner with the penalty, coolness personified.
TAA was poor again today, delivery from both full backs wasn’t good enough.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Seriously, though. I don't recall when the last time was I saw so much open space on a football pitch. Mysterious shape from Fulham.
Acres of space for both full backs who failed to deliver decent supply into the box.
A lot of Mo's problems come from trying too hard to create chances for himself from nothing. I thought TAA looked lead-footed and complacent all game to be honest.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
I think that now I have got my ticker back to normal after that game it is time to reflect.
We were miles better than Fulham today but not sharp enough to force a few of the many chances into the net. Frustrating, but good enough to just see it out thanks to a brain fart from their keeper.

I suppose it is difficult to come down from a special night in Munich beating our managers arch enemy to a domestic kick about with a team destined for the drop....but win them we must.

Tricky balance this for the manager. Somehow he has to get their adrenaline flowing in all our remaining games. As the season draws to a close he will be helped of course, if we continue to win. Nothing like the reality of the finishing line suddenly coming into view when you are still in contention to give you a second wind. It will also help if we are still in with a shout in the CL. The chance to win the biggest two trophies in the world!

My guess is that will happen after the Chelsea game. We just need to find another gear in the meantime until it’s a reality. Couldn’t think of anyone better than Juergen to lead us into that the final charge

RedForever2014

My word that match put my abstention from alcohol for lent to an extreme test.

Some constructive criticism:

- TAA needs to start blowing more hot than cold (superb at Bayern, slow thinking and heavy limbed today).
- Robertson's efforts in getting in behind defenders needs to start yielding more clear cut chances, his final ball can be poor.
- Milner seems to make more mistakes when used from the bench, that slice that put VVD and Alisson into trouble was the latest of a few examples when he's come on in matches.
- Salah needs to sort himself out. I don't care if he doesn't score again this season as long as he creates for others.
- Fabinho's bookings come with his job, but he could be more careful and take them when they matter. Thankfully he needs four more before a suspension and we only have seven matches left. He needs to go a couple of matches without getting booked though.
- Alisson is either a master of split second time wasting and intricate passing, or slow thinking at times.

But some great plus points:

- Matip has stepped up, a lot better than he was. He's arguably moved ahead of Lovren in the pecking order.
- Mane is the main man - superb form and a dangerous player. He literally gets on the end of chances of his own creation. He'll be crossing to himself next.
- VVD and Alisson are so good that mistake was almost unbelievable. That says how good they are.
- A great range of passing from the three deepest central players - Matip, VVD and Fabinho.
- Another Rolls Royce performance from Gini, whose efforts aren't fully appreciated.
- Our best midfield is Fabinho, Gini and Milner. Fabinho is more mobile than Hendo and a better passer. Gini is a better holder of the ball than Hendo and Milner offers more going forward. Klopp has to be able to have his Bob Paisley moment and be prepared to leave Henderson out of the big matches.
- Lallana doing ok as a player to rotate in, as long as it's with two first choice midfielders.
- Origi offering something as the first in line off the bench to replace one of the front three. He has physicality, pace and ball control to add something to games in the last half hour, whether we're chasing a game or holding a lead.

After a WDWDW PL sequence, it was important to get more WW's in there. The next five matches are huge, if we can get the PL sequence to five wins in a row (versus Spurs, Southampton and Chelsea) and see off Porto, we'll be well set for the final sequence of matches.