• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Fulham v Liverpool (EPL 17/3/19 3.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Matip

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Lallana [off 72’]

• Mane [GOAL 26’]

Votes: 128 78.5%
  • Salah [off 90+2’]

• Firmino [off 72’]

• Milner [on 72’, GOAL 81’]

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Origi [on 72’]

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sturridge [on 90+2’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Gave them a present and then got one back. Take the points and run.

Salah has done enough for us to be given plenty of grace...but needs to get his head out of his arse, fast!
We had good break around the 60 minute mark, Salah had the ball with 2 players breaking to the left and he went right cutting any angle off to play in either of the 2 players. Very poor in hos decision making.

Also on the game I really hate Jim Beglin as a commentator, Fosuh Mensa had two arms over Gini's shoulders holding/pulling him in the area and he says he can't see nothing in it ..... Effing idiot

kwala

TIA Regular
Mane of the match?

Salah is so far off the pace, hopefully he finds himself on international duty. His dribbling, passing, shooting, and decision making were all terrible today, but then, we weren't that great as a team.

3 points, move on, next!

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
So it begs the question would you rather play well (or what YOU judge to be well) and be in 5th or 6th place or be top of the league with a handful of games to go? If we do win it will you be grumbling that we don't deserve it because we've been "shit" for most of the season.
Just for the record I didn't think we were at our best today but after an away win in the CL midweek maybe the result is more important.
I keep seeing these idiotic comments ( sorry T.C.B ), that it is one or the other. Either we play well and lose or play bad and win.
I can understand a debate about pragmatism in football, playing nice or play to win. But playing badly is not a tactic. Misplacing passes in the final third, horrible crosses and lack of creativity is the blueprint for winning.

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
I saw the highlights, i know milly sliced it. And the header back was a bit weak, but it was an easy grab for Allison. he just did not go for it. Keeper mistake. Three points are massive, and we got them.

jaffod

Hard to fathom how we can be so dominant and yet play so poorly when in possession. Game should have been well and truly over by the hour but yet again our propensity for trying to walk the ball in nearly cost us.
No complaints about big Virg and Allison, they'd have been entitled to give Salah and Bobby a slap if we'd dropped points, the pair of them need to get their thumbs out of their arses asap.
Mane carried the attack again and Fabinho bossed the midfield, they were the 2 stand outs.

Wtf is it with Tyler? Is he genuinely senile? I'ver never heard such an OTT reaction to a player getting booked in the first half as this fucking cretin displayed today, several comments about how he might get sent off or how it might cost us. Then some outrageous comment about our players being nervous flyers because it was windy. Cunt.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Wtf is it with Tyler? Is he genuinely senile? I'ver never heard such an OTT reaction to a player getting booked in the first half as this fucking cretin displayed today, several comments about how he might get sent off or how it might cost us. Then some outrageous comment about our players being nervous flyers because it was windy. Cunt.
Turn the volume off. That’s what I did after thirty minutes.

Carra was getting on my tits as well. Started going on about complacency, knowing full well that if we did fuck it up he’d start the ‘told you so’ stuff. Complete Barnum Statement.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
I keep seeing these idiotic comments ( sorry T.C.B ), that it is one or the other. Either we play well and lose or play bad and win.
I can understand a debate about pragmatism in football, playing nice or play to win. But playing badly is not a tactic. Misplacing passes in the final third, horrible crosses and lack of creativity is the blueprint for winning.
I agree mate. That post was made at a poster who spends his entire time saying how "shit" we've been, how "shit" Mo is, and how we are top by pure luck.

jaffod

Turn the volume off. That’s what I did after thirty minutes.

Carra was getting on my tits as well. Started going on about complacency, knowing full well that if we did fuck it up he’d start the ‘told you so’ stuff. Complete Barnum Statement.
Carragher is as big a prick as Tyler these days.

Tony walker

Same old storey .
Find it difficult when the pace of play is so slow .
We had it in the bag , they flucked one to get it level .
But we created more chances and got the winner .
Without the signings of Allison Virgil and Fabinho we wouldn’t be anywhere near top of the league , they are difference between last seasons side and this campaign .need top class competition at the forward line to have stronger options . A goal scorer preferably .
Corner kicks lately have been abismle , these are goal scoring situations that need to improve .
All we can do is win our remaining fixtures .
A win is a win ,
Pick up the trophy at the end of the season and wins like today’s won’t seem that bad
Bet yer City would take today’s result .
We can do this , and it might take the guts we showed today to achieve .
We showed the Character to get the win .
Well done boys .
Great week .
Keep on going

Redopium

We made hard work of it but got there in the end, VVD should have booted that ball into touch leading to their goal but it was a collection of errors Milner, Virgil and Becker. We should have had game won by half time but poor finishing again almost cost us, Mo can't buy a goal at the moment and Trent giving possession away and getting caught out, back to the top of the table and pressure back on city. :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

big noyd

seemed like a good week to get shaqiri involved, they were allowing us so much time & space

but once the game turned there for about 15 minutes i guess it could've turned out poorly. salah's 70 yard sprint to stop a counter attack was crucial

Tony walker

Really wanted to see Shaq play a part. He deserves to finally get a game, but not by dropping Salah. Bringing Sturridge on instead of Shaqiri, does not bode well for his future here.

Like when Van Dijk scored off one against Bayern?
Milly provided our best corner today ,Trent couldn’t get the ball past there first defender .