• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Genk v Liverpool (UCL 23/10/19 8pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Milner

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Lovren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Robertson [off 64']

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Keita

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [GOAL 2’, GOAL 56', off 73']

Votes: 102 87.9%
  • Salah [GOAL 87']

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Firmino [off 80']

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Mane [GOAL 77']

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Gomez [on 64']

• Wijnaldum [on 73']

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Origi [on 80']

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
To open at full time.

Liverpool: Alisson, Milner, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Good second half. Everything started to click towards the end. Genk's late goal doesn't change much.

An excellent result for us, with two beautiful goal from Ox, the second being a worldie, and fine goals from Mané and Salah too. (y)

Sweeting

I think he's just on the bench for the first team CL experience atm,if we get into the next round with a group game to spare,i reckon he'll be picked to play in that one.
I think he would play Shaqiri, Lallana and Origi.

I get that Origi had emotional ties to Genk, fine, but did Wijnaldum really need another 30 mins in his legs while we were cruising?

I lile the Klopp is ruthless but I wosh he hadn't lied to the kid and told him he can't go on loan as he will be a first team squad member. He's no closer to gametime than he was 2 years ago.

I'd be pissed if I were Rhian. If Klopp thinks he isn't good enough that's fine but he is getting stringed along at the moment.

Incognito

The Normal One
Away win in group stage for finally.
The Ox back and boy with some crazy goals.
Ox and Keita playing like the new signings we've been craving for. Keita absolute beast. Fab brilliant as always.
Bobby with his tricks, Salah passing to Mane. And both on score sheet.

Happy happy! :):giggle:

RodM

I think the scoreline rather flatters us as Genk look like a handy outfit.

Went for Ox as MotM with Keira and Milner as supporting cast.

Anyway, 3 points away from home and a pretty entertaining match. Far better than whatever happened last weekend.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Any away win in the CL is good. Nice to see Ox score a couple, the 2nd was a beauty. Mo and Sadio combined really well at times in the 2nd half and Mo's goal was superb. I might have used Lallana instead of Gini and maybe would have give Brewster 15 minutes too but Klopp is a better judge of it than me.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
My votes to
=1. Ox. Beautiful goals: First goal, set the stage for the night. 2nd goal, settle the nerves.
=1. Millie. Absolutely beast tonight. First on the right back, then left back. What more can you ask from a professional. LFC, renew his contract already!
3. Fab. We were having a nerve wrecking 1st half. He managed to stop as much as he could in its track from Genk.

Game of 2 halves. As mentioned in my post in the pre-game. Stray passes almost cost us the first half. The offside non-goal was so-so close. More control from the boys in the 2nd half. Ox settled the game, then Mane and Mo wrapped it up with the usual brilliance.

I hope that people do not blame Degs for Genk's goal. His team mates should have covered, or yelled at him to knock the ball out instead of trying to shepherd the ball out. Too bad that we did not get a clean sheet. Our boys got really sloppy in the final 5 minutes though.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Ox and Keita were both very good tonight. Keita looks for the pass, and slows play until the pass is on. He could go at the defence a bit more, but he can kick on from this.
I dont think both will start on Sunday, probably Gini, Hendo or Milner plus one of these two. Hard to know which of them deserve it more as both played really well tonight. They are the technicians, and there is just reason why Klopp has put faith in them.

LFCFFC

I get that Origi had emotional ties to Genk, fine, but did Wijnaldum really need another 30 mins in his legs while we were cruising?

I lile the Klopp is ruthless but I wosh he hadn't lied to the kid and told him he can't go on loan as he will be a first team squad member. He's no closer to gametime than he was 2 years ago.

I'd be pissed if I were Rhian. If Klopp thinks he isn't good enough that's fine but he is getting stringed along at the moment.
Understand the frustration but we're still very early into the season. Klopp's got a good track record for refusing to jeopardise a player's career just for the sake of squad depth. I'd be willing to bet we'll see more and more of him as the season rolls on and fatigue builds in the front 3.

If he keeps his head down and keeps training well, opportunities will come.

munster red

I get you but it might have been a change too far tonight. Thought it was great for Keita, Ox, Gomez and maybe Lovren too, to get minutes.

Kloppo got Brewster a UCL medal. He likes him. He'll mature quickly and by Xmas we should see him a bit i hope. He'll be nursed back gently like Gomez. What a guy Klopp is.