Post Match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 26/12/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 78’]

Votes: 146 80.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Henderson [off 82’]

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Keita [off 69’]

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Salah [off 69’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino [GOAL 31’, GOAL 74’]

Votes: 76 42.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Milner [on 69’, GOAL 71’]

• Origi [on 69’]

• Lallana [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[email protected]

Honestly. We won’t see better than this unless they get better again next year, and as it stands we can’t fucking rule that out. Imperious. The greatest of teams.

What’s that, these are the second best team in the league, yer? OK, fuck it, shall we start the engine and blast for home then, lads? Start playing full whack, yer? Sound.

Twat. Twat. Twat. Twat.

Get home you scruffy fucking one-road-in, one-road-out loving bellends, with your middle England and your fucking awful fucking music. Go’ ed.

Brenno, with his trackies. Fuck it, shark head.
From The Anfield Wrap !Made my Day, Up the REDS

Tony walker

For me we absolutely dominated the game last night bar a brief second half 5 minutes.
Our midfield 3 of hendo gini and Naby suffocated the life out of Leicester’s midfield .
Our midfield was also supported by Vigil and Joe bringing the ball out .
Andy and Trent pushing forward .
We Clicked last night .
Great rotation by Jurgen .hes used the squad well .
Can’t wait to see our new signing in January .
I’m beginning to think he can challenge Mo in his position .
Any thoughts ?

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Amazon Prime made a good impression this month.

You know what was lovely, they didn't cut away from the pre-match in stadium atmosphere. Instead of being told about the latest betting odds or just going to an advert break they let us see the entire light show, the fireworks, hear the crowd and get a feel for how the atmosphere on the night was.

Also noticed in the Man Utd game that they didn't mute the crowd so that when Greenwood scored there was a roar that was much more natural than the little "Yay!" We normally hear so as not to interrupt Martin Tyler's moment.

All in all Amazon just set the bar for user experience a bit higher than Sky, BT or BBC ever have. Appreciate we are living on borrowed time for them "giving away" the matches as part of Amazon Prime but for now it is clearly the superior service and at a cheaper price.
I'm no fan of Amazon in general but their coverage was so much better to what we are used to. More discussion at half time and about the match.

Have to say I quite like Ally McCoist after that.

Tony walker

Yeah, the domination and grip our lads had on the game was something else really. Every single time Leicester had the ball, the way our lads pressed them and pushed them towards a mistake was fantastic to see. The quickness in recovering the ball allowed them to suffocate Leicester most of the times. Often, you'd see downright panic creeping into Leicester's ranks. They bravely tried to play their football with the ball kept on the deck (credit to them for actually trying to play football), but our lads wouldn't let them go away with it. They were so hungry, so full of willingness to get and keep that ball, and to make something productive with it... the passing quality was wonderful throughout. Wonderful, from every player.

I'd give a 10/10 to every player tonight, bar maybe Allisson, but that's just because he had strictly nothing to do. It must have been the most quiet night in his life as a goalkeeper. And maybe Mo and Mané who just couldn't convert the magnificent chances they had.
The center-back pairing was imperious, magnificent. Vardy had strictly no chance, never, nor had any other Leicester player.
The full-backs... where to start with? They gave us the width on the sides and exploited it so well. Trent was on another level, especially in the second half. What a player we have on our hands here. And the fact that he's a local boy and a fan makes it only sweeter! Robbo too struck terror in the Leicester hearts. He was perfect defensively, and always dangerous when going forward.
Our midfield trio was key to make the pressing stuff, to recycle the ball swiftly and keep the pressure on at all times. They were all perfect. The incoming lads were fantastic too. Milner and Lallana fit in seamlessly after Hendo and Keita came off.
If there was maybe a slight shortcoming, it was the chance/goal ratio. Mo and Sadio weren't on their A-game, but they are humans, not robots. That kind of shite happens. They still did their pressing job, their runs, their passes, and while not converting their chances, they were still creating space for others to pounce upon. Fist and foremost for Bobby, who has entirely found his mojo back after several very difficult weeks/months for him. What a game from the lad!

That's the beauty with this squad now. When we have injured/unfit/tired/off-form players, there is still enough quality around to make the difference. We have currently Lovren and Matip out. Fabinho isn't available and Ox is injured again. These all have made important contributions for us recently. Bobby has had a long time without being at his best. The squad coped with it. Fingers crossed that it can continue like that. There is that hunger that you can feel now, the hunger for the biggest trophy of them all. If we can go on without being hit by a horrible injury-jinx, and without complacency getting to our lads' head, then nr. 19 is definitely at the end of the road for us.

Please go on like that, lads, it's a joy to watch you play football!
One of the best posts I’ve ever read ,you’ve Hit the nail well and truly on the head

bazza66

TIA Oldie, still in the Youth Team though
Ad-free Member
I don't visit that rag's website on principle but based on the title they must have observed the same thing seen from that corner of the ground that found its way onto Twitter. Three busybodies with mowers cutting grass that was reserved for our lads celebrations. Dickheads.
Whiney Manc Kaspar is just one of the small-time twats who really annoyed me yesterday. As well as their staff, their fans were dickheads, as usual.

Sorry if I offend anyone on here from the Midlands, but what is it with twat fans from places like Wolverhampton, Leicester and Birmingham? "Liverpool slums?" "Never work again?" "Feed the Scousers?" Really?

Also, "Champions of England, you'll never sing that". What the fuck, you deluded small-time cockwombles. You've won it once. Once.

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You should be so lucky to live anywhere half as good, you Scum-waving twats. Yes, just fan bantz from those loveable little underdogs yesterday.

You yesterday

Us yesterday

Small-time pricks 0
18 times champions 4

Yes, ok, your curries are better but you are still a shit-hole nonentity.

South American Red

Just amazing. I thought I was watching Barca of some years ago. Never let LC a sniff on the ball.

Regardless of that, I kind of agree with Kasper Smicunt. The penalty was what killed them. A counter attacking side is always still alive at 0-1. Thankfully Milner's nerves of titanium sank the pricks

Henderson omnipresent. Gini W got them chasing ghosts. Bobby merciless.

I am seriously considering to put my week's budget on a bet on the Reds for the next match. Wolves must be hidding under their beds...

Magnus

Could've scored ten goals easily,we're on another fucking level and i was grinning in confidence right after the first couple of minutes knowing we'd beat them,great stuff.
It was one of the most beautiful games I have seen, and now that you are reporting in alive and sound, I can appreciate it even more ! Were you at the game or at some family gathering perhaps ?

Seen it all

A Realist is a Pessimist with Experiance!
Whiney Manc Kaspar is just one of the small-time twats who really annoyed me yesterday. As well as their staff, their fans were dickheads, as usual.

Sorry if I offend anyone on here from the Midlands, but what is it with twat fans from places like Wolverhampton, Leicester and Birmingham? "Liverpool slums?" "Never work again?" "Feed the Scousers?" Really?

Also, "Champions of England, you'll never sing that". What the fuck, you deluded small-time cockwombles. You've won it once. Once.

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You should be so lucky to live anywhere half as good, you Scum-waving twats. Yes, just fan bantz from those loveable little underdogs yesterday.

You yesterday

Us yesterday

Small-time pricks 0
18 times champions 4

Don't hold back now, let it all out!

jaffod

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You yesterday

Us yesterday

Small-time pricks 0
18 times champions 4

(y) Brilliant that mate.

Redsi73

I'm no fan of Amazon in general but their coverage was so much better to what we are used to. More discussion at half time and about the match.

Have to say I quite like Ally McCoist after that.
Was very impressed with Amazon Prime coverage. Yeah its basically the BT guys but as they have no time slot restrictions they have free reign on what to show.

Post game analysis went on for absolutely ages, and it was great to watch the goals and pundits views without all the usual nonsense

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
I just came across a Leicester fan (a little kid) vlog on the game. As a football fan, I loved it. The kid's entire family and his little friends were there. This bodes well for proper fans for the new generations, and it does not matter which team one supports.

Edit: He also said "Liverpool fans are too nosiy!" :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Could've scored ten goals easily,we're on another fucking level and i was grinning in confidence right after the first couple of minutes knowing we'd beat them,great stuff.
After fifteen minutes we could have been four up. I have to admit that the Mem and I were getting nervous - so many missed chances - was it going to be one of those nights.

We felt a bit silly after the match, after all, how could we doubt our mentality monsters.

[email protected]

I just came across a Leicester fan (a little kid) vlog on the game. As a football fan, I loved it. The kid's entire family and his little friends were there. This bodes well for proper fans for the new generations, and it does not matter which team one supports.

Edit: He also said "Liverpool fans are too nosiy!" :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Poor littel lad! it must have scared him to death Hearing proper fans singing;)

Rewood1104

Fat lady not singing yet for me. She’s maybe on her way to the opera house, but…..

Anyway, I’m with those who put that performance up there with the heady days in the 80s. It was imperious. One comment though. I get to a few games and find the best way of really judging a player is by watching him the whole game. I like to think I was the forerunner to player cam. One of the best examples of where I changed my mind on a player was with Mascherano. Watching him on and off the ball and realising how much of an impact he had in that midfield was an real eye opener. And so to Keita. I want him to be good. But I have watched him on a couple of occasions and he hasn’t really impressed. Admittedly, this hasn’t been in the last few games where he has deffo played better. But even on telly last night he didn’t really inspire me. He just doesn’t seem to be in complete control of the ball when hes moving. His passings ok, but he does give the ball away a bit. Yet still he got rave reviews. Maybe I’m being harsh in such heady days, but we are only half way through the season and we are need to utilise every player from now on. I think minamino will figure highly at some point. But, I’ll await my player cam before committing.

C’mon you red men.

andyclegs

Andy C Legs
The Barnes/Beardsley team were better aesthetically I would argue. Lovely, stylish football, almost Brazilian in style actually. But football at the top level has changed dramatically in the last 30 years. It's now quicker, more athletic, more scientific, more mentally demanding. This present side has skill to burn but also operates at FTL speed. It would press the 87-88 team off the park. Two great LFC sides in two very different eras.
I'd love a ticket to that one❤

RedLar

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You

Us

You yesterday

Us yesterday

Small-time pricks 0
18 times champions 4

Come on Bazza.... tell us how you REALLY feel

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
I just saw this game. I just cannot find the right words to express how 'out of this world' our boys were last night. Our team gave the world a masterclass in pressing. The team were relentless, the opposition were out breath, Leicester's defenders were almost constantly bombarded by nearly every single red shirt on the pitch and I have to say, I was impressed by Leicester's defence.

The scoreline does not reflect how well our boys played, it could have/should have been 8-0 really. What I noticed alot in this match, that the boys have been controlling the ball with their chest very well, particularly Naby and he is so intelligent and far-sighted in the way he cuts through the opposing midfield and defence. TAA is on his way to being one of the top full backs of the world and superstardom in the realms which is held for the likes Gerrard, the Brazilian Alberto, Maldini etc. His role is unique because he seems to all over the pitch. I don't know, but sometimes he seems like a midfielder to me in certain matches.

I honestly don't know who to give MOTM, all the lads were amazing. They went to a tough ground and I was expecting a draw really and to get a 4-0 result is a huge bonus for us.

Anyhow, still a long way to go and we have a tough encounter with Wolves. One game at a time.

Well done Redmen. Also, a huge shout out to the travelling kop, they are amazing, especially on a cold, wet and windy night at the King Power Stadium

Last edited:

NZred

The Red From NZ
Little late to the party, but holy hell what a performance.

Henderson and Naby, especially, were both outstanding. It's not often that Big V is the second best CB on the pitch, but Gomez was outstanding. Mane was wasteful but lethal, Firmino was clinical, Salah was.....rubbish to be honest. TAA, is he human? 21 fucking years old.