Post Match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 26/12/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 78’]

Votes: 146 80.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Henderson [off 82’]

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Keita [off 69’]

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Salah [off 69’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino [GOAL 31’, GOAL 74’]

Votes: 76 42.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Milner [on 69’, GOAL 71’]

• Origi [on 69’]

• Lallana [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Best we have played this season and we should have scored more, so proud of this team and their Character ;-)

Trent take a bow you are World class, however great performance all round, from each and every player, Mo and Sadio may have missed chances but their team work stopping Leicester playing from the back cannot be overlooked.

We love you Liverpool we do

Ron Swanson

I gone with Gomez for my MOTM which is no mean feat when Trent gets two assists and a goal (and what a goal) but he kept Vardy in his pocket all night and didn't put a foot wrong, such an assured performance from the young lad.
Great game possibly our best performance of the season total domination.
The scary thing is that Trent is only going to get better, the lad is just crazy good. Top of the league 13 points and a game in hand it's wonderful fantastic but most important deserved place to be.

RodM

This is actually the half way point for most teams. We are now on 52 points with a game in hand and 13 points clear.

I don't want to jinx it but I think we are going to avoid the drop!

MotM for Trent, Bobby and Hendo. TBH it was an astonishing performance from the squad against a team that are more than capable. This wasn't just a victory. This was a statement.

Limiescouse

What an utterly dominant performance, one of the best under Klopp. This is the fucking 2nd team away from home. We just destroyed them.

26 wins out of 27.. Savour this, this is going to go down as one of the great teams of world football.

Trent.. take a bow, my god boy, a god.
One of Fergie's title came with only 21 wins. We're going to be there by January.

Magnus

TAA, Henderson and Keita. I gave those 3 MotM in that order. Maybe I was wrong. Could certainly be others in that group as well.

This is the best match I have seen us play this season. Locking down Leicester like we did for the first 60 is so incredibly remarkable and stands out as the seasons best 60 min for me, although I guess we could have created more goals, but that is pedantic. Then, of course, our energy levels dropped a bit, Leicester finally got to play. For 5 min. Then we made a subs, and killed them beyond any sort of recovery that a mortally wounded fox can hope for.

This is some of the best football I have seen in my entire life and some of you didn't see that, claiming Leicester are very poor and nonsense like that, which I found sad ( also saw some outrageous complaints in the match thread when Leicester finally got to touch the ball, that made me question some people and how they see football).

But let us at the very least be united in celebrating what is a fantastic win !

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
Wow, what a result! The boys were on fire. Was expecting a bit of lethargy after Qatar, but nothing to see here!

Extremely nervous in that first half, even after going one up. I knew that Vardy only needed a sniff. Kept Maddison in check, which I think contributed a lot to the result.

That was a lesson in football. Great team result. Fantastic to see Keita continue his excellent form.

Liverpool, fuck yeah!!!

macca1970

Think Klopp is gonna praise teh hell out the attitude in this game. Everyone never stopped working. Started with direct play and letting Leicester have the ball. Then from the 20th minute, switcjed to possession based play, and Leicester couldn;t get anywhere near.

I;ve had enough with posters in the in-game thread moaning about Salah being poor. His game apart from the finishing was good. Chilwell shit himself gouing forward to stay with Mo. With Mane wide left, and Salah wide right, our tactics was to strecth Leicester, adn it worked. When TAA came forward, Mo would come insde, taking Chilwell with him, to leave TAA in acres of space.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Don't ever, EVER, doubt our boys. Absolute mentality monsters. They beat the motivation and desire right out of Leicester players. Crushed their will to compete. There were stretches of time when it looked like we had 14 players on the pitch. Leicester thought they were going to come in here tonight and take it our boys, and again despite what they were saying publicly, BRog and his side wanted this match in the worst way.

Well guess what? Our boys were ready, and this was a statement match.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
We've had a season and a half of near excellence now , but that performance today was bordering on absolute perfection. Anyone who doubts that this team are going to be crowned champions come season's end are a part of a rapidly diminishing number.

Hendo motmagain for me , for what seems like the last ten games now. I'm sorry I ever doubted you skipper.

Limiescouse

Magic images of Gomez and Virgil talking while walking off. I cant read lips, but from their eyes it was clear they were saying "I thought that vardy lad was supposed to be good." They both just oozed confidence, but authentically. Like they werent remotely surprised by how dominant they were. And yes, I saw that just from their eyes.

When Gomes is on form like he's looked the last few games this is a sensational CB partnership.

Last edited: