Post Match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 26/12/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 78’]

Votes: 146 80.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Henderson [off 82’]

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Keita [off 69’]

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Salah [off 69’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino [GOAL 31’, GOAL 74’]

Votes: 76 42.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Milner [on 69’, GOAL 71’]

• Origi [on 69’]

• Lallana [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macca1970

With the whole team playing well, and the rules stating to pick three max, I went with TAA, Henderson and Andy for MOTM. The reason for Andy was that he took up good defensive covering postions forour centrebacks throughout the game. Bobby with two goals (amazing team and individual contribution in his second goal) somehow misses out.

Flobs

FADA
The really disheartening part (for everybody else in the league) was , that the lads basicly whiped the floor with the supposedly 2nd in-form team at their place. Restricted them to 2 or 3 half chances and fluffed as many sitters as we scored.

Merely Mo was a little bit off the boil tonight - and that was just his shoot/pass decision making - otherwise he put the fear of god into poor Chillwell...
4 shots 0 on target against what 16 shots 6 on target?

FGred

I was worried about this game by Gomez was sensational with TAA I’d like to thank the press for building up Leicester and therefore making us concentrate and treat them as if they were Barcelona. This is the best Christmas present ever YNWA
Rogers looked shellshocked and he now knows what a gulf there is between him and Klopp.

MGMKLML

The most obvious penalty out of the most obvious penalties in the world. No clue what to argue about.
What a delight, oh my word. After all of those 2-1 this was just a piece of art.

Could someone please help me with the "We're champions of the world" chant words? Couldn't get it properly from the TV broadcast.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
The simple truth today- Liverpool was too good.
We're looking like unstoppable force and we are the team that deserves the crown in that 2019-2020 season.
Pure joy!!!
Hendo was brilliant, as Wijnaldum at the midfield... and what about Firmino....
This was a night to remember!
Great to see Bobby firing not just his goals but his touch and normal quality was back

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
According to Kasper they were in the game until the ref decided to "make himself a hero". Blatant penalty, no doubt at all.

What a cock. Does he actually believe that tripe?

That was a footballing lesson Kasper and don't forget it. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He can suck it. We were kind not put 10 past them.
Before the penalty, he was foul mouthing

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
How the hell can they be arguing that wasnt a penalty. He leaned towards the ball and it strikes his arm the ball had travelled 30 years too.
Its 50/50.
If the ref gave it VAR wont overturn it. If the ref didnt give, dont think VAR would either.
The question is , was he using his hand to stop the ball intentionally going to VVD. On the replay, it did to me.

Sweeting

According to Kasper they were in the game until the ref decided to "make himself a hero". Blatant penalty, no doubt at all.

What a cock. Does he actually believe that tripe?

That was a footballing lesson Kasper and don't forget it. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah I'm struggling with the "not a pen" argument.

He either watched it come in from the corner and failed to get out the way, so he was clumsy. In which case it's a penalty, unlucky dont be clumsy.

Or he intentionally leaned into it thinking he could chest it away. Still a penalty.

The ball went 35 yards before it hit his arm.

Last edited:

macca1970

How the hell can they be arguing that wasnt a penalty. He leaned towards the ball and it strikes his arm the ball had travelled 30 years too.
In this day and age, the more you say something is true, the more people start to believe it's true. Cue the media in their reports soften the penalty decision to something like 'could have gone either way'.

Anyway, four goals against ouir closest rivals. A masterclass of a performance. Bring on Wolves.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
The initial wastefulness had me worried, I was also quite nervous about this game (again because of reading some of the post on TIA forum, about we would take a draw or others). Instead, it was the domination of match which was to come. Wow! What a game, Redmen! This game was also the payback that Leicester could not hold off Citoil last year for that final few games.

With the exception of 5 minutes of scrappiness, our boys were at their very best. Mo and Mane missed a few sitters, but Bobby and TAA more than made up for the missing goals. We did not give them any time to breathe at all. Milner? Mister calmness personified.

Too many players I wanted to vote for best 3 today. I like it when it is hard to pick MotM because all of them have been playing so well. Here are mine:

1. Bobby: Appears that his confidence is back. Bagged another 2 today. Really good run to get into the space for a beautiful header. The second, almost similar to the winning Club World Cup goal, calm and collected, take the time, and then smashed it to the back of the net.

2. TAA: So many nice crosses, and cracking shots too. Two amazing assists and a brilliant goal. His first shot from a Gomez's throw-in pretty much set the tone for the game. TAA was basically letting Leicester know, "watch out, you are going to have a hell of a horrible time from our right". The right side was the outlet throughout the game as well.

3. Robbo: I really want to give the vote to Hendo, he was so calm and steady in the centre. Hope that our captain is OK. However, when we were threatened on the very rare times, Robbo was there making interception and put the ball away. TAA may have received all the glory for this game, but I think Robbo did an amazing job covering the back.