Post Match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 26/12/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 78’]

Votes: 146 80.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Henderson [off 82’]

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Keita [off 69’]

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Salah [off 69’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino [GOAL 31’, GOAL 74’]

Votes: 76 42.0%
  • Mane

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Milner [on 69’, GOAL 71’]

• Origi [on 69’]

• Lallana [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
QUOTE="SBYM, post: 1198791, member: 31662"]
He's gonna love talking to you on Monday morning.
[/QUOTE]
I doubt that as we get an extended year end holiday so we won't be seeing each other till the 6th.

Of course, he has already received an appropriate email.;)

saymyname

Really amazing match thanks LFC. Loved it, thanks Amazon aswelll, better commentary than every channel. I forgot the name f the main commentator... he was boss as fuck and Ally McCoist, always liked you made our two matches on Amazon like fun! FUN... imagine that.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
From minute one we totally dominated.
We didn’t let Leicester get started and killed the crowd.
Everyone was superb (bar Salah who tried but everything he did went wrong) and gets 10\10.
Maddison was showed by Henderson how to play midfield.
vardy was dealt with.
Until it’s won I’m not getting carried away but we’d seriously have to have a mega drop off to throw this away.

Monument Mark

Given we haven't even played half our season yet, I think it's still far too early to worry about the title. Let's just worry about beating Wolves next game. But in the meantime, I'm sure lots of us will be watching them tonight hoping they can do the double over City. No doubt about it, if you're an LFC fan in 2019, football really is great -

Libero

Is that 4 clean sheets in a row now? Since Gomez has been in the team... not much talk of that seeing as we couldn’t buy a clean sheet earlier on.
I must admit I was quite nervous about this fixture before kick off with the travel from Doha and winning the World Club Cup but to come away and win 4-0 away with that sort of performance blew me away.

And to be a bit selfish, it’s about time we got a performance like that as fans haha... really could have been 6 or 7. Dominate from the first minute to the end with everyone doing their part.

A lot of credit is going to Henderson and rightly so, since Fab has been injured he has really stepped up another level and just been the perfect example of a leader. Keita was fantastic again today, was good to see Gini back as that was a surprise selection for me as I thought he may be out longer. VvD and Gomez at the back superb, and what can we say about Trent he is such a special player and pleasure to watch.

Long may it continue.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I'm gasping for air after that. Rarely has the expression "different class" had more meaning. Is this the very best Liverpool side of all time? Certainly in my lifetime only the 87/88 team can compete.
Yeah, the domination and grip our lads had on the game was something else really. Every single time Leicester had the ball, the way our lads pressed them and pushed them towards a mistake was fantastic to see. The quickness in recovering the ball allowed them to suffocate Leicester most of the times. Often, you'd see downright panic creeping into Leicester's ranks. They bravely tried to play their football with the ball kept on the deck (credit to them for actually trying to play football), but our lads wouldn't let them go away with it. They were so hungry, so full of willingness to get and keep that ball, and to make something productive with it... the passing quality was wonderful throughout. Wonderful, from every player.

I'd give a 10/10 to every player tonight, bar maybe Allisson, but that's just because he had strictly nothing to do. It must have been the most quiet night in his life as a goalkeeper. And maybe Mo and Mané who just couldn't convert the magnificent chances they had.
The center-back pairing was imperious, magnificent. Vardy had strictly no chance, never, nor had any other Leicester player.
The full-backs... where to start with? They gave us the width on the sides and exploited it so well. Trent was on another level, especially in the second half. What a player we have on our hands here. And the fact that he's a local boy and a fan makes it only sweeter! Robbo too struck terror in the Leicester hearts. He was perfect defensively, and always dangerous when going forward.
Our midfield trio was key to make the pressing stuff, to recycle the ball swiftly and keep the pressure on at all times. They were all perfect. The incoming lads were fantastic too. Milner and Lallana fit in seamlessly after Hendo and Keita came off.
If there was maybe a slight shortcoming, it was the chance/goal ratio. Mo and Sadio weren't on their A-game, but they are humans, not robots. That kind of shite happens. They still did their pressing job, their runs, their passes, and while not converting their chances, they were still creating space for others to pounce upon. Fist and foremost for Bobby, who has entirely found his mojo back after several very difficult weeks/months for him. What a game from the lad!

That's the beauty with this squad now. When we have injured/unfit/tired/off-form players, there is still enough quality around to make the difference. We have currently Lovren and Matip out. Fabinho isn't available and Ox is injured again. These all have made important contributions for us recently. Bobby has had a long time without being at his best. The squad coped with it. Fingers crossed that it can continue like that. There is that hunger that you can feel now, the hunger for the biggest trophy of them all. If we can go on without being hit by a horrible injury-jinx, and without complacency getting to our lads' head, then nr. 19 is definitely at the end of the road for us.

Please go on like that, lads, it's a joy to watch you play football!

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I'm gasping for air after that. Rarely has the expression "different class" had more meaning. Is this the very best Liverpool side of all time? Certainly in my lifetime only the 87/88 team can compete.
It needs to win the league first, but I'm thinking it probably is. There are no weaknesses in this team.

Redsi73

Watched the highlights again this morning, can't get over how good Henderson was.

It's not that he's suddenly become this world class player ( even though he has become amazing and is much improved ) it's just that JK and his team has absolutely utilised him to his maximum potential to the benefit of this team.

Seriously impressed with him now.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
What a team. Incredible performance, just about as perfect as it gets. Leicester had ten minutes or so where they sort of managed to compete, but apart from that this was total domination.

Before the game I was prepared for a relatively even game, because I expected a slight CWC hangover. This team though, they keep showing me up for the fool I am. Somehow, I keep underestimating what they're capable of. Giants.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
what an incredible game. I keep thinking Im going to wake up and its September.
At times this reminded me of Liverpool under Paisley: high work ethic, experienced, knowing when to pass forward or back, and always making the difficult things look easy. But this team are so fluid, massive pressing, massive high energy level midfield, steel in defence, our full backs are now play makers, and our strikers are menacing , fast, with an eye for goal. I dont have enough words to describe them. But to wipe away the 2nd place team on their own ground 4-0 is amazing. And Leicester arent a bad team, and played well. This actually reminds me of Liverpools 5-0 win over Nottm Forest in 88 who were also in 2nd
That game was described as the best Performance of all time from a team. This game wasnt far off as a team performance.

Last edited:

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Commentator on Dazn exact words were:

“yeah well it’s, it’s hit Soyuncu, but again this is, this is all supposition, is, is he leaning towards it, maybe it looked like that from Oliver’s prospective, that he’s just leant into it, I’m not convinced, it’s just dangling by his side ...<pause>.. and there was so much pace on it from Alexander-Arnold as well which, made it trickier, but it’s been given, check complete.
The commentators were Jim Proudfoot and Jim Beglin (Ex LFC). I think it was Beglin with the above quote.

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
As I've thought about yesterday's match a bit more, something came to mind. Some folks around here have asked the question recently, probably with good reason, where did heavy metal football go. Yesterday was heavy metal football.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Watched the highlights again this morning, can't get over how good Henderson was.

It's not that he's suddenly become this world class player ( even though he has become amazing and is much improved ) it's just that JK and his team has absolutely utilised him to his maximum potential to the benefit of this team.

Seriously impressed with him now.
He hasn't suddenly become a world class player. He's been at this current level for a few seasons now.

Keita impressed me no end, he's playing with real confidence now and that's great to see.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
Wait until season is over before such proclamations. Really wish everyone would stop the title talk, lets wait until the day. Shit happens mate and it is only tempting fate to think it is over before we are there.
We are where we are today because Klopp told us to put down the heavy load of our history and make new history. He asked the fans to start believing and stop moaning at missed chances, also stop leaving early if things weren't going our way, he asked players and supporters to be present in the moment and give it our all.
It is fair for us to enjoy our current situation with some brilliant performances and others that were sub par but our tenacious attitude made us win, all achieved only one game at a time. Today we started to hit our stride, there is more to come.
I second that.
counting your chickens before they 've hatched, and all that

I would rather think that Klopp is instilling patience among the other positive attributes into the players, so as fans we should follow suit

to add me two-bits, could only follow the game from the 'live' feed from TIA and although disappointed not to have seen this fantastic display, definitely thrilled by the players and the result.

Commando

Ad-free Member
As I've thought about yesterday's match a bit more, something came to mind. Some folks around here have asked the question recently, probably with good reason, where did heavy metal football go. Yesterday was heavy metal football.
I thought that it was more of a symphony.

But whatever it was, it was beautiful.

XMarlin

Thought this one would be a lot tighter...2-1 away. Good thing I didn't bet the mortgage on that score.

Composed and focused are what I saw.

Everything that needs to be said about this team's performance yesterday has been said. Whatever hasn't been said is understood.

Well done again Herr Klopp and the lads and thanks for a great performance.

Right then...that's another done and dusted. Clean sheet with 4 more goals for the goal difference.

Job done.

Who's next?

YNWA

Limiescouse

He hasn't suddenly become a world class player. He's been at this current level for a few seasons now.

Keita impressed me no end, he's playing with real confidence now and that's great to see.
Even when Hendo gets credit his actual talent is often under appreciated with the comments focusing on things like his work ethic and commitment, as if he was some sort of Darren Fletcher type clogger. Hendo doesnt do anything flash, but that is because he doesnt need to. It's sort of the midfield equivalent of the top CB who rarely ever has to tackle.