POST Match: Liverpool 0-0 Stoke

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
0-0 draw at Anfield.

Uninspired way to go into the international break.

ReRangles

We've lost them in the past, much better in defense but does reiterate, we need a goalscorer.

ianrush

TIA Squad Member
2 points dropped. need another striker to help suarez out.

dominated possession category but failed to score again.

Colin

TIA First Team
I wish nothing but bad things on Stoke FC.

Oh, and we need a striker in Jan. Jesus.

Wathik_LFC

TIA Youth Team
Carrol would have gotten 1 goal Atleast with all those crosses.. Fuck you ayre and Henry . Fuck u

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Up front it felt like a return to last season, when everything we created was down to Suarez working a bit of magic, and then there being no-one else near him to finish it off, and invariably his shot was off-target.

At least we kept a clean sheet for the first time in a long time.

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
Same old, same old just with more posession! I feel like watching the home game against Stoke is a tv program on repeat, nothing happens apart from runs towards the box and weak crosses/passes/running the ball out. It's all good us having this exciting youth that can run and pass but until they start changing games and scoring winners, winning penalties and giving final balls that matter, then what's the point? We need another striker bad, a strong one that can finish. Gerrard is either really shit or really good, today was the former. Wisdom looks solid though. We need goals throughout the team, when is Allen going to score or even come close, Suso, Sterling, Agger, Johnson - please chip in with some goals!

stepea

TIA Youth Team
To be expected really, inexperienced attackers against bully boys who park the bus. Youngsters tried their best but couldn't deliver the final ball. No sure why Joe Cole brought on should be banished to the same place as Downing.

Wathik_LFC

TIA Youth Team
Fucking owners are breaking us cause they're stingy greedy with no passion, I am so pissed we are so far behind .. We won't get relegated but fuck me this is so sad, frustrating and a piss off

baxter

TIA Youth Team
When people say we need another striker, do they propose we either drop Suarez or play him on the wing.? Neither of which he will be happy with.

We just need to take our chances, how we do that I'll never know

Fucking owners are breaking us cause they're stingy greedy with no passion, I am so pissed we are so far behind .. We won't get relegated but fuck me this is so sad, frustrating and a piss off
Shut up you idiot

tamir_m

TIA Reserve Team
We need a striker,and to move Suarez to the wings.

He isnt the type of striker who waits for delivery, he comes to create chances for himself and then we dont have anyone in the middle

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Carrol would have gotten 1 goal Atleast with all those crosses.. Fuck you ayre and Henry . Fuck u
Stoke would only wish to play against Carroll and play right into their hands of crossing and hoofing. Jog off.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
All the positivity I had before this game has gone, I really was expecting a win but that was just the same old crap I have watched for months on end, we could have played until midnight and I wouldn't have been confident in us scoring, obviously Brendan has lost faith in the natural goal scorer Borini. 2 points at Anfield this season, no matter how you look at that it is absolutely embarrassingly woeful!

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Stoke fans, I truly hope and believe you and your team will get what you deserve one day. A much desired demotion and financial troubles to hurt you long term.

This today, was not much different than when we played them before, when we employed more of a physical approach.

Interesting.

Try to outsmart them and play football, or try to stand up to them physically, and we end up without a win.

Rafa and Kenny tried all options before, even with a prolific world-class striker, against this team and now BR can't find an answer either.

Really happy for the clean sheet though.

Wathik_LFC

TIA Youth Team
When people say we need another striker, do they propose we either drop Suarez or play him on the wing.? Neither of which he will be happy with.

Shut up you idiot

Ok I'll obviously listen to u, fuckin tool. Suarez can play on the wing and create more chanes with his trickery for a more clinical striker. It's not rocket science muppet.

Rambler

Second is one step away from triumph.
Like he did last season against Stoke at home you mean. I had forgotten about all those goals.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member

Shut up you idiot
How can you call someone who is angry an idiot, I thought forums were where people could express their views!

AJ68

TIA New Signing
clean sheet it might have been - but considering stoke made about 2 attempts on goal even this isn't much to be pleased about. lots of possession but largely did f all with it on our side

stepea

TIA Youth Team
We need a striker,and to move Suarez to the wings.

He isnt the type of striker who waits for delivery, he comes to create chances for himself and then we dont have anyone in the middle
Especially for home games, move Suarez to the forward Midfield position and try Borini in front of him - leaves only two proper Midfielders who can hold.

Colin

TIA First Team
All the positivity I had before this game has gone, I really was expecting a win but that was just the same old crap I have watched for months on end, we could have played until midnight and I wouldn't have been confident in us scoring, obviously Brendan has lost faith in the natural goal scorer Borini. 2 points at Anfield this season, no matter how you look at that it is absolutely embarrassingly woeful!
Yes, momentum potentially lost already. International break now (I hate those with a passion) and no further forward.

BR, who i am a strong advocate of, must start getting it right instead of talking the talk and the team must start producing goals. Reina and Sahin both could have cost us goals and tbh a better side would have taken them for sure.

So frustrating.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
It was a game of rugby not football.

Two footed challenges, cynical challenges, Suarez through on goal and brought down, stamp on the chest- in ANY other game they would have ALL been red cards and yet 2 yellows, and that was just the first half... Its one rule for stoke and one rule for everyone else... We get yellows for breathing on people, and they barge people over as a matter of course... its not football and its not how football should be for me. I refuse to watch stoke any more. If I want to see cynical people I can go to the houses of parliament.

We played well, and if the deserved reds cards had been shown we would have slaughtered them... but the papers and the history books will only remember this day as two points lost. But I will remember it as the last time I ever watch stoke under Pullis.... what a waste of an afternoon.

JackleCube

I haven't seen the game because I've just got back from work (:-() but the BBC says possession was only 52% in our favour? Is that accurate?

I was hoping to see a reaction today after the result midweek, but I genuinely worry about the mentality of some players; it still seems to be one of the biggest issues; today's one of those games that you just try and win by hook or crook, but we still seem to really struggle at pushing through results when we need them.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
defense was solid at last.

midfield was not orginised. not much patience in the first half, pushing the ball to fast forward, second half was better.

MOTM is suarez, though must say agger also put a show pushing the ball.

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
dunno whether to feel relived that those 2 mistakes didnt cost us goals or frustrated on those 3 hits on the post... whatever it is... get back andy!

frugtkompot

TIA Reserve Team
Frustrating game. To be fair I thought we had the better of them, but the lack of solidity in defensive midfield meant we never really pushed them all the way back until the end. There are some positives and negatives - other than the result to take from this game, I think.

Gerrard, probably my favourite player in a Liverpool shirt ever, must learn patience. He's quite good when we have time and are on top, but as the clock runs down he continously rushes it time and time again. The result more often than not is that we lose momentum and attacking verve. Swap sides, move their defense around until an opening is clear. Don't try the Hollywood stuff every time. It can be alright if their attack is clearly open for a counter, but it's senseless to launch it everytime we're near their box.

Suso, simply majestic, was easily my MOTM. I think his fitness doesn't quite hold up to Premier League level yet, which might also explain why he got substituted, but his playmaking instincts are unlike any other attacking player on our team.

Wisdom, such strength, must admit have surprised me. He's clearly the Abidal to our Barca-like-philosophy, but he's so exceptionally strong and has very good discipline and positioning.

Assaidi, must start the games, because he does look more mature than Sterling right now. Sterling's very pacey and fast, but is still relying on the simple things that worked at the youth levels.

Defensive midfield is obviously our weakest link. There are individual errors again today, but they come mainly from a poorly orchestrated defensive midfield. Allen's a fantastic player, but his defensive positioning is nowhere near the level of Lucas. If you watch closely, you'll see Allen watching the ball to often leaving Stoke runners from midfield wide open. Luckily, Stoke is a poor team and didn't capitalize on this as others have done.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Negatives:

- lack of composure for the last pass and in front of goal
- playing and getting a result like the mid-table team we have become for the time being
- bad first half, not enough possession, allowing them too much chances and creating very few for us

Positives:

- second half much better than the first: more chances, and denying them anything
- youngsters continuing to do well
- our first clean sheet of the season

Bottom line: the present looks dark, while the future looks better. As always this season, much patience is and will be required from us all.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Very frustrating afternoon, but the people blaming FSG need to grow up.

Maybe every victory is down to Rodger and the players and every draw/loss is done to the owners. It reminds me of the last days of Rafa when every win was despite him, and every loss because of him.

We lost today because the team - superior in every way - played into Stokes hands, and largely led by our increasingly ineffective captain, we didn't exert any control over the midfield. Andy Carroll would have done fuck all to help.

Insanely ambitious passes that go straight to the opposition. Refusal to track back and win the ball. Demanding the ball over ayers in better positions. Right now, on merit, Gerrard should be behind Suso, Sahin, Allen and Shelvey for the two attacking midfield berths.

frugtkompot

TIA Reserve Team
And can I just add how frustratingly poor the referees are in Premier League.

I don't understand how Stoke are allowed to play as they do. Their physical game clearly frustrated our nimble one, but really ... Why shouldn't it. One wrong tackle and it'll break someone's leg.

Put a stop to that.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
The problems playing from the back are now a major concern.

And can I just add how frustratingly poor the referees are in Premier League.

I don't understand how Stoke are allowed to play as they do. Their physical game clearly frustrated our nimble one, but really ... Why shouldn't it. One wrong tackle and it'll break someone's leg.

Put a stop to that.
Until a star player gets his leg broken nothing will happen. And it would probably have to be a chelsea or united player.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team

Think of a front three as three forwards with two working the channels, not one striker with two wingers. Suarez is very comfortable attacking from wide, particularly the left, a bit like Thierry Henry used to do. We need (and have needed since the defection of the ladyboy) a predator in the box, and Suarez for all his admirable qualities is not a predator; rather he would benefit immensely for having someone playing along side him to take the weight of scoring expectations off his shoulders.

FSG are to blame for not getting us a striker as replacement for Carroll imo; who else is there to blame? Ayre only follows their orders after all.