POST Match: Liverpool 0-0 Stoke

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Ji Sung Park never get's pens but I guess that's as he spent more time on the subs bench at manure, see how he fares at QPR
Surprise I am even bothered with this... but what the heck. Old Trafford at 2009, Tevez through ball and Park went flying because of the momentum of Pepe Reina carried him all the way and brought the Korean down. Ronaldo stepped up and scored the penalty. I cannot believe someone would forget that game.... You have got to be the real Souness.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
When I said Asian, I really meant Indian, Pakistani etc. I would say South-East Asian for those countries (I know that when people from the USA say Asian they mean the same thing you just pointed out, so I guess it's just regional differences).
Having been in Seoul in January, I can assure you that Korea is very definitely NOT in Southeast Asia...

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
When I said Asian, I really meant Indian, Pakistani etc. I would say South-East Asian for those countries (I know that when people from the USA say Asian they mean the same thing you just pointed out, so I guess it's just regional differences).
Seriously? South Korea may know as South Korea, but it ain't exactly south. The country has 4 seasons for god sake, closer to Russia than Singapore! And Japan? It is closer to fly to Perth, Australia than to Osaka from Singapore/ Kuala Lumpur/ Jakarta and Bangkok. Sorry, but I think Asian is spread pretty wide, it covers from the dudes that own Man City all the way to Timor Leste.

1dragon

TIA Regular
I think they need to define the sort of player they are talking about a bit better. Do they just mean black footballers? There aren't any Asian Premiership players that I know of, so it can't be that, while I don't think that South American or Scandanavians (for example) would be among the biggest ethnic minority groups in this country.
I actually skimmed through the actual paper (yes, it is available for download for free, just copy the title of the paper from the given link), and the definitions were very clear.

The researchers counted the "native" whites as one group, while those who are from foreign countries and/or are dark skinned are in the other group. Indian and Pakistani players were not included in the study, as were countries who had a per GDP capita of higher than $10,000 (I presume its pounds).

And yes, S.Korea is in East Asia, not in South-East Asia. South East Asia is where the likes of Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam etc are, ie; further down south of the continent towards Australia.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Surprise I am even bothered with this... but what the heck. Old Trafford at 2009, Tevez through ball and Park went flying because of the momentum of Pepe Reina carried him all the way and brought the Korean down. Ronaldo stepped up and scored the penalty. I cannot believe someone would forget that game.... You have got to be the real Souness.

You need to change you're title to "Somewhat Pessimist & Pedant"

blndcat

TIA Youth Team
I only caught the last 30 minutes or so and um.. we were poor. Lack of ideas, lack of penetration, and lack of real goal threat. And Cole??

I know that people have been complaining about the anti-football played by Stoke but it was hardly surprising. It is almost as predictable as our tactics and system (unfortunately). And did we come up with a plan to combat this? No. Let's not beat about the bush, we weren't good enough. Our team has parts missing and hasn't come to terms with the new playing style. It's going to take a while and some players being brought in before we're consistently good.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Well, i thought we were bloody excellent, for a team in transition we're doing well. Loads of positives from that game, we totally and utterly dominated the second half. Hit the woodwork three or four times, Stoke are no mugs, a real awkward team to play against so it was never gonna be anything other than tight. I enjoy watching us, we are refreshing and easy on the eye. We have alot more urgency about our play, our passing has improved immeasurably, Sterling and Suso stood up to the physicality against the team of monsters, Suso was fantastic. Proud of the lads and i'm sure the results will pick up.

kop4this

TIA Squad Member
We were good in patches but lightweight up front again. Swansea last season scored 44 goals, so it is not unexpected but how to solve it?
One thing for sure, it is blindingly obvious that nobody in officialdom would piss on Suarez even if he was on fire at the moment.
For me, a disappointing aspect is that whilst I hear the pundits laughing at Suarez's supposed "diving", and Tony Clueless calling for him to be given a three match ban, Brendan Rodgers is hardly going out of his way to defend his man.

On the other side of the coin, Rogers seems very quick to publicly decry his players whether it be Carroll, Downing, Enrique etc.
This would hardly seem the best recipe for a happy dressing room.

And the irony is that Suarez was actually caught slightly before he hit the ground. But this just seems to be ignored.

Dazza

TIA New Signing
I watched this game on TV and thought we were excellent and am happy with the way we are progressing, a few deserved penalties, 1 or 2 more goals along with a few less defensive cock-ups and we would be flying in the league now but hey ho we will get there.

Suarez was great bar one mistake. He took an absolute battering, was getting praised one minute for staying on his feet the next he is getting hammered for diving.

I think Liverpool as a club need to sort out it's PR - somebody should be directing Brendon Rodgers, maybe giving him some guidance. When dipshit was saying Suarez should be banned, Rodgers should be calling for retrospective punishment on Huth - that stamp was deliberate and a disgrace. Lets start highlighting to the refs the sort of treatment Suarez has to put up with, lets start showing the times he stayed on his feet and lets start showing the defo penalties that the referees waved away. Would prob make no difference but may take a bit of the anti-Suarez feeling away from refs.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I think Liverpool as a club need to sort out it's PR - somebody should be directing Brendon Rodgers, maybe giving him some guidance. When dipshit was saying Suarez should be banned, Rodgers should be calling for retrospective punishment on Huth - that stamp was deliberate and a disgrace. Lets start highlighting to the refs the sort of treatment Suarez has to put up with, lets start showing the times he stayed on his feet and lets start showing the defo penalties that the referees waved away. Would prob make no difference but may take a bit of the anti-Suarez feeling away from refs.
Agree entirely. Rather than selling the manager's new system to the world, I think they might wanna guide him on when to flex his muscle. That talk about calling Riley up does not do us much favour, and our players being constant branded by every single British manager isn't helping either. They now make it sound as if the British players are being influenced by the Latin American players on play acting. As if these boys who plays football in Britain has no brains of their own.

tooloom

TIA Youth Team
To my mind, not just too late but too little.Funny how NOBODY outside of LFC supporters sees the preceding trip. Meanwhile, Huth is completely forgotten about.
Clubs should have the power of veto over the referees appointed. Jones, amongst others, wouldn't get another match against us.
The only game TMC Webb would get would be scum vs scum reserves

YNWA

Anfield rd Dreamer

Maybe it will reassre some but not me. This only appears on the Official Liverpool Website so is pretty much preaching to the converted. Not only is it too little too late so to speak but I have not seen it quoted on any other site or newspaper so what is the point of it?
It was quoted briefly. Then ignored because talking about how evil Suarez is was more fun for them. Thats not really in our control what news they choose to report mate. All we can do is put ut out there.

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
Maybe it will reassre some but not me. This only appears on the Official Liverpool Website so is pretty much preaching to the converted. Not only is it too little too late so to speak but I have not seen it quoted on any other site or newspaper so what is the point of it?
http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19874217

There you go. BBC site has it too.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8158439/Liverpool-chief-Ian-Ayre-defends-striker-Luis-Suarez-over-diving-accusations

And there's Ayre doing the same on the Sky footie site.

IrishRed

TIA Reserve Team
Another frustrating afternoon last weekend in regards to the result, of course. But once again, some positives to take away from the game.

With the international break now upon us, its not ideal timing, as Liverpool players and management would much prefer to be out on the pitch and climbing the table. Under Brendan Rogers, the Reds will do that, in time.

Onwards and upwards, in a weeks time.

YNWA.

Libero

At least the Uruguayan fa are looking after Suarez.

1813 FOOTBALL
The Uruguay Football Association write to Fifa complaining about vice-president Jim Boyce's comments in relation to Luis Suarez.
"These expressions, refer to the Uruguayan player Luis Suarez, calling his conduct an act of 'cheating' and that such a situation is a 'cancer' for football," the Uruguay FA (AUF) said.
"We understand that this kind of comment, coming from a person who holds the position of vice-president of Fifa - with specific reference to a football player and linking their actions to a disease that is a scourge on humanity - are at odds with the principles world football governing."

Wathik_LFC

TIA Youth Team
Seems like there is a smear campaign going on against LFC lately. When we do something wrong it's magnified and morphs into an ugly monster, but when huth stamps on Suarez then it's just huths way of tickling the south American.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Jim Boyce and the Uruguayan FA are already not on good terms - he knows damned well that CONMEBOL is likely to put forward a motion to revoke Article 10.5 of the FIFA Articles of Association at the next Congress, the only reason they did not do it last Congress was they wanted to use the 'Team GB' precedent. No Article 10.5, no FIFA membership for IFA, no Jim Boyce at FIFA.