Post Match: Liverpool 1-0 Flamengo (WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 38 30.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Robertson

• Henderson

Votes: 76 61.3%
  • Keita [on 99’]

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 75’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [off 120+1’]

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Firmino [GOAL 98’, off 105’]

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Mane

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • Lallana [on 75’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Milner [on 99’]

• Origi [on 105’]

• Shaqiri [on 120+1’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Never in doubt.

We should have been two up after five minutes but then Flamengo dominated the first half. Bobby should have scored in the first minute and Baby should have converted a couple of minutes later.

Mo was too fancy for his own good in the first half, giving the ball away too cheaply on numerous occasions. Ox was anonymous and Baby flitted in and out of the game. Hendo was clearly pulled back in the box and we should have been awarded a penalty.

Second half started the same as the first, with Bobby missing a glorious opportunity and then the Brazilians coming back into the game. I sincerely hope that Ox’s injury isn’t too bad; the poor lad has suffered enough already.

The ref started well but became worse as the game progressed, not only missing the foul on Henderson but also booking our players for nothing while letting the Flamengo players get away with murder.

And that last minute penalty decision... it was outside the box but it was a foul-Rafinha has clearly clipped Sadio and is nowhere near the ball. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Lovely pass by Hendo and awareness by Sadio for Bobby’s goal. I thought he’d spurned the chance when he turned inside but it was a lovely composed finish.

Overall, very impressed by Gomez at the heart of the defence tonight. Virgil wasn’t at his imperious best and Joe, who has slowly played his way back into form, looked at least his equal today. We really are blessed to have such depth in central defence; let’s hope that young Joe can keep free from injury now.

World Champions and, after Leicester’s defeat at the Emptyhad, a ten-point lead, with a game in hand, in the league. If we beat the Foxes on Boxing Day, the title is effectively ours the next time City drop points. Nice.

Now, let’s boycott this tournament every time we qualify for it. We can use ethical reasons (this year we, cough, didn’t have time to complete our research) as a legitimate excuse; at least that gives everybody else a chance for the next five years.

MOTM: those good people at Ragnaud Sabourin, who consistently produce Cognac of the very highest order.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Get in. Another win in adversarial circumstances. Gomez and Van Dijk superb together, Henderson great in midfield.

Rafinha clearly still suffering from that bang on his head, the massive cunt. Hopefully the referee can retire now with the massive bung he's just received, the colossal bellend.

Liverpool - World champions. That'll do me.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Get in. Another win in adversarial circumstances. Gomez and Van Dijk superb together, Henderson great in midfield.

Rafinha clearly still suffering from that bang on his head, the massive cunt. Hopefully the referee can retire now with the massive bung he's just received, the colossal bellend.

Liverpool - World champions. That'll do me.
I like the new avatar

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Christmas has come early. Happy with that. Of course had we lost it would have been a Mickey Mouse, cup etc etc. Massive kudos to ant red fan who made the trip from the UK. Proper hardcore.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
That was a game we should’ve won by at least 3 goals. But hey what the fuck? We won despite the corrupt diving cheating fuckers!! And a referee who was clearly not experienced enough to handle a game like this.
Are you watching blueshite and all you horrible Manc twats??

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
I was surprised by how well Flamengo played. I mean, the best Brazilian players all play in UK/Europe. This side was very well organized. They took the ball from us consistently. They were fast in the buildup and created some very high quality chances, even if their finishing was somewhat indicative of the lower quality (not that ours was much better tbf). Much closer match than I expected.

And Hendo. Getting better with age. Lots of great passing, not just on the goal. And he almost scored one himself.

I do think tonight offered some perspective on our constant criticism of English refereeing.