Post Match: Liverpool 1-0 Flamengo (WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 38 30.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Robertson

• Henderson

Votes: 76 61.3%
  • Keita [on 99’]

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 75’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [off 120+1’]

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Firmino [GOAL 98’, off 105’]

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Mane

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • Lallana [on 75’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Milner [on 99’]

• Origi [on 105’]

• Shaqiri [on 120+1’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
BBC are jokers. I was watching in pub, at full time went for a piss, came down and another prog was on. I asked my lad has some united fan turned it over so he don’t see us lift cup and he said they ended programe as it over ran into ET.

absolute disgrace.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Had to shift through three streaming sites to see the match. Just about managed to get the ending of the presentation ceremony.

It's a disgrace , pay for both the EPL and the champions league here and none of the lot are bothered to show this one

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Had to shift through three streaming sites to see the match. Just about managed to get the ending of the presentation ceremony.

It's a disgrace , pay for both the EPL and the champions league here and none of the lot are bothered to show this one
Agree, and the amount of spam in those links, I think I'd need to reformat my pc for spyware

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Enjoyed the match. Thought we were the better team. Bobby should have had a hat-trick, and if we had taken our chances in the first half, we wouldn't have needed extra time. Its great to win a cup and the hard work of Klopp is paying off now. I just hope that the 120 mins played doesn`t cost us against Leicester on Thursday or Wolves on Sunday.
Plus injuries are mounting up. Nice to see Keita back,m but Oxade will be out for a while, too add to the list of Gini, Matip, Lovren and Fabhino.
I just feel this little trip to the dessert is gonig to come back and bite us.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Nobody in England sees it, because every f*****g body is biased. Had it been one of the manchester dross, England would have stopped entirely to watch and celebrate. A******s, f*****g p***e of s**ts.
Who cares about anyone else, we are Liverpool fans who support the best team in the World and we are the greatest gootball fans who through history and respect other teams.

We don't need to be dragged down by the BBC or other fans as we are a class above and respect goid football and good footballers this should still be our mantra.

P.s not aimed at you but once I started the response it led to more of what I believe we should be and have been as fans.

MarcusBerglund

Great win for the club. Winning trophies brings only positive emotions. We won a huge trophy, only Manure has won it from England and now we have it. Liverpool have won 47 major trophies /18 league tittles, 6 CL, 7 FA Cup, 8 League Cups, 1 FIFA WC, 3 UEFA CUP, 4 UEFA Super Cup/.

The game was difficult as expected. We started better and had 2 fantatstic chances in the first 10 minutes, but then we lost control in midfield and failed to create anything till the end of the first half.

Second half was almost the same - again we started better for 10 minutes and then it was even. Untill Chambo's injury and Lallana inclusion. From that moment we started to dominate, Adam had a very good game, he helped Hendo, came back to get the ball and moved it well. Lallana is not a defensive midfielder, but he is much more accustomed to play number 8 then Ox at least at this moment of the season.

Jordan was MoM by some distance, top performance for our skipper.
Gomez looked solid alongside VvD. Robbo was solid too and he is a fuckin leader on the pitch, protecting Mane and that push vs. Rafinha was nice to see.
Trent looked suspect defensively, Henrique cretaed him with all sort of troubbles. Jorge Jesus has done his homework and knew that TAA sometimes loses concecntration and lets opposite players use the space behind him.

Our front three were not at their best and missed several good chances. Bobby missed two absolute sitters, but I am still glad that he scored the winner and had 2 goals in 2 games in Qatar.

Salah was very good vs. Monterrey, but yesterday the brazilians kept jim quiet for 120 minutes. Mane had a por start, Rafinha's mind games affected him for almost 60 minutes, but slowly he grew into the game and at the end he can be pleased of his overall performance.

If I had to choose my top 3 performances from the final:

1. Henderson - best player on the pitch. His pass for Mane /leading to Bobby's goal/ wes pure class. Tackling, running, leading by example. What more can you ask from your skipper?

2. Gomez - solid as a rock, 1 block, 6 clearences, 1 interception, 1 dribble, 90% pass success. Just stay healthy, Joe!

3. Firmino - scored the winner and in my opinion deserved to be crowned player of the tournament, but that is not important after the club added a huge trophy.

AOC's injury is a fuckin blow for Klopp. We are losing too many players and games keep coming thick and fast. Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Fabinho, Gini, AOC - we are slowly running out of options in defence and midfield. Hopefully Wijnaldum will be fit to play vs. Leicester. TAA was dea on his legs in extra time. Robbo will also need rest, while playing through the pain barrier. Milner is needed more in midfield at the moment and we lack any cover for our full backs and central defenders.

Last edited:

jaffod

Enjoyed the match. Thought we were the better team. Bobby should have had a hat-trick, and if we had taken our chances in the first half, we wouldn't have needed extra time. Its great to win a cup and the hard work of Klopp is paying off now. I just hope that the 120 mins played doesn`t cost us against Leicester on Thursday or Wolves on Sunday.
Plus injuries are mounting up. Nice to see Keita back,m but Oxade will be out for a while, too add to the list of Gini, Matip, Lovren and Fabhino.
I just feel this little trip to the dessert is gonig to come back and bite us.
We played at the same time Leicester were chasing shadows at Abu Dhabi and we'll have 5 days recovery time which is ample. We went be flying home on a crop sprayer either.
As for Wolves they actually play Abu Dhabi the day after Boxing Day so will have less than 48 hours rest before playing us so we should have an advantage there.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
Is me, but in international matches, sometimes, I feel the referee seem to pick on Mane and get him booked when he hasn't done a foul the opponent player winds him up.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
We played at the same time Leicester were chasing shadows at Abu Dhabi and we'll have 5 days recovery time which is ample. We went be flying home on a crop sprayer either.
As for Wolves they actually play Abu Dhabi the day after Boxing Day so will have less than 48 hours rest before playing us so we should have an advantage there.
Valid point Jaffod :) . Don't they also have special hydrotherapy treatments to help the muscles relax sometimes on the plane for speedy recovery.

Last edited:

jaffod

Feel a bit for the Flamengo fans . They still sing about beating us in 1981 bless them. It's a bit like us singing "you haven't won a trophy since 1995" to the Ev. That will be obsolete when the power shift comes into effect and they start to hoover up trophies under Ancelotti.

jaffod

Valid point Jaffod :) . Don't they also special hydrotherapy treatments to help the muscles relax sometimes on the plane for speedy recovery.
Not sure Maria but Klopp did say something about recovering on the plane which I didn't understand so there must be something they do on there.