Post Match: Liverpool 1-0 Flamengo (WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 38 30.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Robertson

• Henderson

Votes: 76 61.3%
  • Keita [on 99’]

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 75’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [off 120+1’]

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Firmino [GOAL 98’, off 105’]

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Mane

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • Lallana [on 75’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Milner [on 99’]

• Origi [on 105’]

• Shaqiri [on 120+1’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Werder4life

Typical WC Final. Nice goal to win it as well. Was it Hendo -> Sadio -> Bobby? And with a nice handbreak to get into the drift and sweep it in.
Flamengo defended well but I expected a bit more from them. They looked truely European -without the deadly keypass through or over the top though and the finishing was Watfordian at times.

I like us a trophy to go in this festive time of year - now onwards to disappoint Leichester next by showing no hint of fatigue.

Hopefully Ox isn't out long this time.

Motm technically goes to Bobby for this "fuck you" goal - but the team was so good on the whole again , including all subs , that I'd really like a "team" option in the match thread poll.

We're Campiones del mundo. Si Senor!

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
Why surprised? Even if you don't follow South American football, all the reports from the build up explained what a good run they are on. Unless you meant you just assumed they are crap as Brazil export all their best players. But then you're just stereotyping the mentality from the 1980s.
How is stating a fact stereotyping? I think European teams have won something like 12 of the last 13 Club World Cups. Yes, most of the Brazilian national squad play in Europe, hence....

Dave-D

Another trophy to add to the collection :D

Dealt with the shithousary of the opposition and incompetent referee well.

I hope Ox injury ain’t to bad on crutches and wearing a compression boot.

Now lads enjoy the win but not to much you all need to be fit and ready to go on the 26th.

CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD:D:D:D:D

macca1970

Even UEFA is calling for a boycott of the 2021 edition, in it's changed guise as a 24 team tournament (from 17 June to 4 July).

Flobs

FADA
Henderson did a great job in Fab's role. It's more like Gini was missed from the midfield. Ox and Keita together didn;t gel too well. But that can come with time and training.
Tbf AOC and Keita didn't do anything well which is why Henderson had to be the best player on the pitch so he could display the cup after.