Post Match: Liverpool 1-0 Flamengo (WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 38 30.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Robertson

• Henderson

Votes: 76 61.3%
  • Keita [on 99’]

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 75’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [off 120+1’]

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Firmino [GOAL 98’, off 105’]

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Mane

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • Lallana [on 75’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Milner [on 99’]

• Origi [on 105’]

• Shaqiri [on 120+1’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macca1970

How is stating a fact stereotyping? I think European teams have won something like 12 of the last 13 Club World Cups. Yes, most of the Brazilian national squad play in Europe, hence....
What fact? I understand that European teams have dominated in the 2000s. You said you were surprised that they played well (the bolded part I highlighted). I said that Flamengo have been lauded by many people as a good team, so I'm refuting the idea that Flamengo have played above and beyond their potential. They're a good team.

We took the game seriously and won. If we underestimated them, we would be coming back trophyless.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Had one of those early chances gone in from either Bobby or Keita we'd have walked it. They grew in confidence and tactically they were better than I expected. Gomez was excellent. Great to see him playing that well again. The best partner we have for Virgil when he's on form and he is clearly bang on it again just at the right time.

If FIFA want this competition to be taken more seriously then they should be picking the best officials for it. The ref was massively out of his depth. Farcical at times. Ox hobbling off is the one negative. It's a blow obviously when we're already short but we seem to roll with the punches these days and somebody else just steps up. Another trophy win to add to the Champions Wall. Love it. We're winning things again.

Werder4life

If I was Hendo I couldn't wipe a perpetual grin off my face. England's "mediocre" midfielder , "sub par" captain of Liverpool , though gets back issues from lifting three trophys this year - everything you can win from international club tournaments. Fuck dem nay sayers.

Better shape up your delts captain - I want that leauge and FA cup as well now!

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
Great result in the end, aside form the injury to Ox, which I hope isn't too bad. Sort of looked like a similar injury to that of Fabinho's.

Yes it was a final, but that was like watching paint dry. I hate with a passion the sort of tactics that teams from that part fo the world employ. Took great pleasure from Robbo giving that helmet wearing pussy a serve at the end of the game.

Back home for the boys and recovery before amassive game against the Foxes. Even though this match went to extra time, to me it didn't seem as taxing as a premier league game and the weather (from what I could see on Google) wasn't unbearable.

Get the fuck in boys!

7th Earl

The saddest part of the night is, we're going to have to amend some much-loved lyrics.

"We've conquered the whole world, we're never going to stop..."
True that. But I think we should wait till we win our 2nd domestic trophy in the last 13 years. Shit, now I hate myself again.

Last edited:

[email protected]

The Caf reckons we were the divers and Flamengo were the plucky underdogs.

Righty-ho-then.

:ROFLMAO:

Suck it you troglodyte deadshits.
From Blue Moon:

''That dipper woman on sky,they have been vidicated playing the kids v villa,erm no,the carabo cup is a real trophy''

Heavy lieth the fume over the shadowy and oily vales of Manchester this eve, the sounds of gnashing, wailing and grinding of teeth amidst the unmistakable murmur of knuckles dragging on the floor rising inexorably like the chorus of the damned.

7th Earl

From Blue Moon:

''That dipper woman on sky,they have been vidicated playing the kids v villa,erm no,the carabo cup is a real trophy''

Heavy lieth the fume over the shadowy and oily vales of Manchester this eve, the sounds of gnashing, wailing and grinding of teeth amidst the unmistakable murmur of knuckles dragging on the floor rising inexorably like the chorus of the damned.
Fuck ' em.

RodM

Voted for Bobby as MotM for the goal with Gomez for his solidity and Hendo for shouting at the ref in Mackum.

I couldn't care less if I never see South American club football again. I'm happy that we won this having given it our best players but if FIFA want to do this thing couldn't they have it as a pre-season thing? Very pissed off about Ox's injury; I hope it's not serious.

Anyway, we are still 10 points clear in the league but now with a game in hand so not all bad.

The only downer is I heard on the news that Martin Peters has died. I think our game in hand was West Ham, wasn't it? Hopefully he will get a minutes applause on the Boxing Day game.

Noo Noo

Kind of expected a game like that. That's South American football all over. It has that nasty little under current running through it.

I didn't however expect the ref to be so poor. So poor in fact I'm wondering if he was garbage or something else.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
From Blue Moon:

It must hurt knowing that for all their wealth we've just won a trophy they never will get their hands on, because they'd have to actually stop being shite in Europe first.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Kind of expected a game like that. That's South American football all over. It has that nasty little under current running through it.

I didn't however expect the ref to be so poor. So poor in fact I'm wondering if he was garbage or something else.
Can't it be both?!