• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post-Match: Liverpool 1-0 Manchester United

OhYaBeauty

When do we start a "One nil to the Liverpool" chant?

Seriously though, I'm so so happy to win even like this, but I don't think my heart can take a full season of it.

Edit: I can't even begin to explain how giddy Patrice Evra's pouty face made me as he left the pitch.

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
I predicted 1-0... yohoooooo
but guys seriously how long will we bu lucky?

kipland007

TIA Youth Team
YES! Just YES!

My god, only 3 games in but top of the table and beating United just makes it so much sweeter.

What a performance we put in today. Need some time to work things out in my head but seriously, we look NOTHING like the side last year. So much character and fight in this team.

Gutted for Glen, thought he was immense today and I hope he isn't out for long.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Hehehe top of the table. Wtf is going on? And with new signings to come in too

steve10

TIA New Signing
nimitzz said:
I predicted 1-0... yohoooooo
but guys seriously how long will we bu lucky?
We did get lucky but deserved it for a change- we have played much better and lost against Utd.

I thought that Agger, Skrtel & Enrique were immense. Johnson had his good and bad moments.

OhYaBeauty

Are we sure Rafa isn't our gaffer? Because the whole "sit and absorb pressure to hold on to a one goal lead" thing screams Rafa.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Points clear at the top of the table, who isn't happy with that?

Not sure my heart can take these 1-0s for much longer but, dare I say it, long may it continue. What a start to the season.

Danny Sturridge, hero.

But was impressed with Hendo today, one of the few calm heads out there, led the counter-attacks and getting involved at both ends. Starting to become a proper Liverpool player. Keeping Allen out on merit at the moment.

Rastafenian

Excellent grit displayed again.
Stirling looked a liability when he came on, aspas looked out of hisdepth but not writing him off yet.
Mignolet needs to start coming to collect the 'second' contested aerial ball.

Time to refuel the tanks again over the international break and fix them injuries

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
Third PL win, 3 out of 3 for Sturridge, third clean sheet, top of the league and Shanks 100th Birthday! :D

Too early to call but with this fantastic start and if we can carry it on which we will with winnable fixtures coming up I fancy us for a top 4 finish this season. Made up beating the manc rats aswell, pressure on Moyes ahhhhh great times ahead. :)

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
Feel as though I lost a few years off my life with the stress of watching them absorb all of that pressure while sitting on a 1-0.
But in the end the team is showing the mental resolve to win these close matches. It is a new development that should serve us well throughout the season.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Had us down for a loss, so am delighted to have my prediction stuffed right back down my throat.

Wasn't the prettiest, but I'm ever so happy to win ugly.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Very pleasantly suprised that we saw it out and we got the win also

Cutting it fine with these second half displays but so far we are still winning and a nice international break to get our breath back :p

Not a bad way for Skrtel to bow out if he were to leave tomorrow but thought on the whole we showed resilience not seen in recent years. Perhaps this one might be different...

Bloody relieved but our start has exceeded my expectations comfortably results wise. Nice to get a pleasant suprise, not been many in these times, but we look a unit who are battling for results even if the talent is a bit limited in places. So far more than the sum of its parts. Been looking for that for quite a while now

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
got my celebration cigar out after 60 mins!
Sweet!

3 wins 9pts.

very sweet!!!

Stevie G MOTM

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Love it baby, yeah! Top of the league guys, unbeaten this season and no goals conceded. Perfect start, great defensive performance so well done lads. Great way to go into the international break.

YEAH!

ahmedshishini

I feel like i'm dreaming, what a start to the season. Skrtl must start in the next games, he deserves it. What's wrong with coutinho ?

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Fuck me thats not good for my blood pressure. Scrappy scrappy game but who cares. Going to mention Alberto who showed a few nice, calm touches when we were under pressure nearing the end.

And Skrtel who came in and showed why he still should be kept here and not sold.
On the whole our game was very disjointed today, playing out from the back often resulted in it going back to Mignolet who launched it anyways.
We still need another front player for me even with Luis returning. Aspas is struggling and Borini not rated. Anyone knocking the Moses signing would surely have to admit that he would have offered more up front than Aspas today?

Great result against the Mancs, Happy days. We will need to play better IMO.