• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post-Match: Liverpool 1-0 Manchester United

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
BostonMick said:
Lets hope Moyes brings the rest of Everton over to Old Trafford....
He wasn't even able to sign fellaini and baines.

But he could do one good thing and salvage rodwell.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
BostonMick said:
Lets hope Moyes brings the rest of Everton over to Old Trafford....

RVP was as effective as a waiter in a cocktail bar today
In fairness ater that, Baines would be a step up on Evra and Fellaini a step up on most of their midfielders.

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
Liverpool are the first ever team to win their first three Premier League games and not concede a goal in doing so. What a stat.

BR "The resolve we have in the group was evident.The players have been outstanding"

BR: "Our mentality was key.We didn't play as well as we have & Utd played well,but our defensive mentality gets better all the time"

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
charleslee89 said:
we can do this to teams that do not have very good forwards...but if we try this against say,the chavs, we will be murdered like no tomorrow...
Yeah that Van Persie bloke is dreadful

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Fantastic result from the team today, great work rate from all.

Skrtel & Agger were great at the back, real shame if this was going to be Skrtel last game, but at least he goes out on a high.

Suarez7LateralIncisor

TIA Regular
Thrilled with the result. Restricted them to few solid chances. We needed better hold up playto help the defense, but or defense was good. Well done skrtel strepping up to the call.

Mignolet was great again, although if ready like to see him more confident and aggresive in his box. Too many balls suit in the air that he should come out and collect or punch.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
mattyhurst said:
Yeah that Van Persie bloke is dreadful
kudos to the defence for tightening the noose on RVP....but it also helps when rooney is not around....or else RVP could have gotten better service and give us a nightmare...

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Watching the match between Arsenal and Spurs now and you know what, I thought in terms of the 3 teams that would be "fighting" it out for the 4th spot, I think we are the most balanced. Do not get me wrong, Spurs have bought quality. But in the first half which they are 1-0 down, there are individual brilliances but hardly any sort of shape and team work and tactics. Good luck accomodating Eriksen, Holtby and Lamela furthermore into an already new team. And Arsenal while looking fantastic, looks in need of a couple of players. And when I saw the good play from us in the first half today and the grit we showed in the 2nd half, and with 3 new signings (and with one that I considered a massive statement from us in Sakho) and rumours of 1 or 2 more, I think bar the hiccups, this could be a reasonably positive summer window and possibly a good season for us. But for now, one game at a time. i love how we are playing well now, and making Suarez contemplate how he is going to make us even furthermore competitive.

canucky008

TIA Reserve Team
Manchester United manager David Moyes:

"I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.
"We got two or three opportunities but it was unfortunate we didn't take them.
"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.
"Phil Jones went over on his ankle, we don't know how bad it is.
"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."

He must be kidding!!
I know he's managing the media but no ones buying that!!

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
canucky008 said:
Manchester United manager David Moyes:
"I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.
"We got two or three opportunities but it was unfortunate we didn't take them.
"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.
"Phil Jones went over on his ankle, we don't know how bad it is.
"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."
He must be kidding!!
I know he's managing the media but no ones buying that!!
Wow, don't even know we're to start with that. Moyes is a manger way out of his depth, proudly sitting his team in 6th place, I hope he drags them even further down the shitter and watch the mancs go in meltdown.

POBox

TIA Reserve Team
From BBC:

1. [SIZE=1.2307em]1637:[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=1.2307em]BOLT TO THE BOSS[/SIZE]

How about this for bizarre? Usain Bolt has recorded a video message aimed at Manchester United boss David Moyes. "I'm a big fan of Manchester United," said Bolt. "Dave Moyes, we need a creative midfielder. One that can pass and create opportunities. Right now. More control. Serious face." Dave, really?

B

bmcg

si

POBox said:
From BBC:

1. [SIZE=1.2307em]1637:[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=1.2307em]BOLT TO THE BOSS[/SIZE]

How about this for bizarre? Usain Bolt has recorded a video message aimed at Manchester United boss David Moyes. "I'm a big fan of Manchester United," said Bolt. "Dave Moyes, we need a creative midfielder. One that can pass and create opportunities. Right now. More control. Serious face." Dave, really?

sign him up dave , just for shits and giggles for all of us

vincef

Nice win, though we didnt even bother to play in the second half, just kept waiting for United to attack. Very boring game but eh, that's 3 points. A bit worried by Coutinho who was really useless today, maybe the game was too physical for him !

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Glad BR has said no chance will be taken on Studge

Fuck Eng-Er-Land --->

Johnson out too...if his LFC experience wasn't enough, Hodgsen will be exposed

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
And yet another problem for England and Roy Hodgson, with Daniel Sturridge struggling with a thigh injury. In his media conference earlier, Brendan Rodgers said no chance would be taken on Sturridge, that Liverpool "must come first". If you're an England fan heading to either the Moldova or Ukraine games, take your boots.

Glad to hear it.

boogieonalice

TIA Regular
Great win. Almost dreamlike to see us hold a slim 1st half lead in three successive league games. Each one has been harder than the last. With Stoke we held the lead for over 50 minutes, Villa we held on for 70 min, and today we effectively kept United out for essentially the entire 90. I cannot remember such solidarity (or my confidence in our ability!) since Benitez left. The past few seasons have been host to a recurring nightmare of late equalizers or worse.
Second half scared the shite out of me. We were not good, plain and simple. United pushed hard, which was expected, but we wasted every possession we had until the last 5 minutes. There was extreme pressure which we didn't respond to well, trying to force advanced passes where a simple back pass was required. Every single player was guilty of this, sans Mignolet.
Wisdom was fantastic- great to see him come on in a flash & win challenges up and down the right side with confidence.
Skrtel looked good, a little rusty perhaps, but solid.
Losing patience with Aspas- I admit it is his first foray into English football, and this was a huge fixture, but he has impressed less & less. Obviously not first choice, but I'd like to see Coutinho behind Sturridge and replace Aspas with Sterling on the left.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
The thing is we will get better...

A good performance that we worked as a team and got the result, the thing is people say when we play this or that team we will be destroyed but we weren't last season, infact we haven't been for a while and secondary each team will bring a different way of playing, that is the biggest thing Rodgers has learnt and that is why we are now 3 wins from 3

As for Sturridge that is how it is, after last time he should be left behind, Hodgson and England need to learn that idiotic decisions like playing him in a friendly when unfit is stupid, he could have called Lambert up who he then called up in August for some unknown reason.

Awful manager

boogieonalice

TIA Regular
vincef said:
Nice win, though we didnt even bother to play in the second half, just kept waiting for United to attack. Very boring game but eh, that's 3 points. A bit worried by Coutinho who was really useless today, maybe the game was too physical for him !
i disagree for the most part- coutinho was boss in the 1st half. He was the most creative player on the pitch, and frustrated the United players to no end. Yes he faded in the 2nd half, but so did every single LFC player. The troubling part is that he has been consistently anonymous as games have drawn out.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
We played like MEN today. Wow. Special nomination for Johnson and Skrtel.
once Suarez comes back the playing for 1 nill will go away.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Uberkoen said:
Liverpool are the first ever team to win their first three Premier League games and not concede a goal in doing so. What a stat. BR "The resolve we have in the group was evident.The players have been outstanding" BR: "Our mentality was key.We didn't play as well as we have & Utd played well,but our defensive mentality gets better all the time"
So we still need a defensive coach to teach young Brendan, right?

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
baxter said:
Mignolet is brilliant. I wasn't sure when we signed him but I think he alone will improve us by 5/6 points over last season.United were poor today, I can't see their fans putting up with Moyes brand of football for very long. Stoke threatened us more in the last 10 than united did.
He already saved us 4 points mate. The guy is a rock. People who say his distribution sucks are wrong too.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Well done to the lads, unfortunately missed the second half due to family pulling me off the sofa for a walk with the dog.

Great result and everyone on twitter seemed to point to Glen as motm. Will watch motd to catch up.

Onwards and upwards lads and lasses!!! :rolleyes:

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
Was at the pub seeing the Mancs moaning about how this defeat means nothing as they'll win the league again.

Do they even realize that Purple Nose Ferguscum is no longer in charge?

Here's to a moderately long and mediocre tenure for Gollum.

Not too mediocre as to be an unmitigated disaster like Woy was to us, which would lead to his immediate sacking.

But long enough for his mediocrity to do enough damage a la Souness to their fortunes. Admittedly Gollum has inherited a decent squad, so they won't fall out of a CL spot yet this season, thus deluding the Mancs into thinking "Oh this is his 1st season, we'll give him time."

And by the time they realize Gollum will be leading them towards wilderness outside of the CL for ages, the damage will have been done.