• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 1-0 Napoli (UCL 11/12/18 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 84 45.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 90’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 30 16.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Henderson

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Milner [off 85’]

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 23 12.5%
  • Salah [GOAL 34’]

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Firmino [off 78’]

• Mane

• Keita [on 78’]

• Fabinho [on 85’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lovren [on 90’]

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Not wanting to take anything away from him but the Naples lad has hit it straight at Becker from 3 yards away, its hardly a save lol

Worst game for missed chances I can remember, we were utterly profligate wasteful. But we go on. Gini and Milner bossed the MF.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Not wanting to take anything away from him but the Naples lad has hit it straight at Becker from 3 yards away, its hardly a save lol

Worst game for missed chances I can remember, we were utterly profligate wasteful. But we go on. Gini and Milner bossed the MF.
He did make himself big. I am sure had this been last year, we would have been out. That save at that time goes show what a world class keeper he is

RedStefarus

TIA Youth Team

It was three yards cause AB stepped off the line so quickly. Great save. Me thinks.

sms1986

Voted Alisson as MOTM, although they all deserve it. It wasn't the greatest save in the world, but it was a very important save.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Van Dijk should have been sent off. Fot above ground, stretched leg and hit the other player in such a way that he could have broken his ancle. I understand we are Liverpool fans, but you have to be blind not to admit we were very lucky with that decision. At least in my book.
Nope. No malice in the tackle, He went for the ball first, got the ball first and then hit the opponent. Yes, It's a crunching tackle and the player was hurt , but that's a yellow not a straight red.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
I am with Maria and in hindsight this is one game I wished I watched on replayafter knowing the score .

Shockingly tough game. Napoli came with the expectation of counter-attacking all game. Both teams extremely messy with the ball. Which probably favored us.

VVD immense and I just can't think of a player even close to him in terms of motm. AB wonderful save. Job done. But i pray I never have to see us in a position like that again.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I thought it was one of our best performances of the season, just the lack of goals, even went Napoli weren’t committing we actually played well in that first 60 mins, we did after that as well but Napoli were throwing themselves forward.

As for Alisson, Klopp should have ran on and given Salah a hug for that save.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Shoulda been the 3/4-0 we all wanted rather than the 1-0 we all dreaded.

Sadio was a fucking nightmare for them (and us) all night. Hat-trick against them deadshits incoming!!!

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Nope. No malice in the tackle, He went for the ball first, got the ball first and then hit the opponent. Yes, It's a crunching tackle and the player was hurt , but that's a yellow not a straight red.
Those have been paid as red but should be a yellow. VVD knew it was a bad tackle and knew he got away with it. You could see with his reaction. The BT commentators don't know what they are talking about suggesting that isn't even a foul.