• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 1-0 Napoli (UCL 11/12/18 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 84 45.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 90’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 30 16.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Henderson

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Milner [off 85’]

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 23 12.5%
  • Salah [GOAL 34’]

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Firmino [off 78’]

• Mane

• Keita [on 78’]

• Fabinho [on 85’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lovren [on 90’]

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abdel

Big win , great performance
All the lads played well thanks to a fluid and positive Midfield
The only negative is knowing that we are probably facing one of the big boys without VVD

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Job done but wasted many chances, especially Mane. When the next stage comes round, we’ll be back to banging in 3 or 4 every game. VVD suspended for next game.

-The Analyst-

Nope. No malice in the tackle, He went for the ball first, got the ball first and then hit the opponent. Yes, It's a crunching tackle and the player was hurt , but that's a yellow not a straight red.
This notion that as long as you hit the ball first, then whatever happens after is irrelevant is incorrect.

Its as red as they come. Im glad the ref got it wrong, but he DID get that one wrong.

Dimitriy

Somehow, I think Mane refused to score:think::), we didn't realy need the second goal...Yet, somehow I think he will be the best player on the pitch on sunday...Just a hunch,
...If they scored, it would have been utterly undeserved, and Becker is a beast of course :shocked:

Bob8

TIA Youth Team
I think that just might have been the best performance of the season. Holy cow the counter pressing was good.

Salah played unbelievably well against the Napoli defence, and scored a beautiful goal. Alisson's save at the end was just unbelievable. In my mind we were done but if someone can Alisson can. Matip was brilliant as well, and of course Virgil was the same colossus he always is.

So to sum up, Hendo Motm.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
well done everyone, big hug to Alisson for that great "very much needed" save and btw how good is Andy "Robot"son . They all worked their socks off and gave their all. I do hope we saved all our goals for the weekend then.
So so proud but i nearly had a heartattack tbh, i need some more vine to calm down now.