• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool 1-0 Napoli (UCL 11/12/18 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 84 45.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 90’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 30 16.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Henderson

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Milner [off 85’]

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 23 12.5%
  • Salah [GOAL 34’]

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Firmino [off 78’]

• Mane

• Keita [on 78’]

• Fabinho [on 85’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lovren [on 90’]

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
I think Klopp's management today and tactics were spot on... even getting Fab and Keita involved in this great win was awesome!

many people including myself wanted Keita to start and many others even wanted Fabinho to start.. I will admit that Klopp is way smarter than all of us and the midfield who started today was the right combo. No other combination could of pressed like that that much this game.. also I think Gini is better when he is the farthest one forward out of the 3 which in this midfield combo he is while Hendo plays back... I think when Gini plays with Fab klopp instructs him to stay back in line with him which is not as good to me... as we are not getting the best out of him when we do that.. not to say he was playing bad there .. but he is better getting more forward getting more involved especially in the counter attacks

sms1986

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to BT Sport:

"Wow, what a game. I am not sure a manager could be prouder of a team than I am. The only good thing about the first game at Napoli was that we were our ugly brothers and it wasn't us at all. Today, we had an opportunity to show more than we did in Italy and the boys played an outstanding game. The way we pressed them meant they had to change their game and they had no real key for us."

More from Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp:
"Mo Salah scored an unbelievable goal and I have no idea how Alisson made a save like this, it was amazing. We could have scored more, but the last chance Sadio Mane had made no difference in the standings. It was wild and there were lots of counter attacks but we were ready for that. That is Anfield live and in colour.

"Uefa probably thought they could continue the competition without Liverpool, but not yet. I said if we went out, it wouldn't have been tonight, it would have been in Napoli when we deserved to lose, but tonight we deserved to win."

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
So next round is one of:

Dortmund
Barcelona
Porto
Bayern Munich
Ajax
Real Madrid
Juventus

Who ever we get it should be a fantastic game.
My perfect route to the cup:

R16: Real Madrid
QF: Tottenham
SF: Manchester City
F: Manchester United

I know... I know... it’ll never happen.

United will never reach the final.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
This notion that as long as you hit the ball first, then whatever happens after is irrelevant is incorrect.

Its as red as they come. Im glad the ref got it wrong, but he DID get that one wrong.
Nope it would have classed as careless not reckless because there was not attempt to play the player and it was one footed and he won the ball in front of the play and from the side not behind. Unfortunate that Mehrtens momentum too him into VVD's foot